Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 07:03 PM
limeybob
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Flew it, no problem. Thunder tiger .46, 10 x 6 APC, fast, flies great.
Bob
Old 12-17-2006, 08:33 PM
killerG
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got mine and I am in the process of making the wings detachable. I was thinking that I could just put a blind nut in the hole where the smaller front rod would go. I did this to one wing and it seems ok but I can wiggle the trailing edge of the wing just a little where it goes against the fuselage. I can pull it out and get a gab about 1/6". Is this ok, or is there a better method of attaching the wings?
Old 12-17-2006, 10:40 PM
gehr2box

Add another anti-rotation pin at the trailing edge and use the original hole as you mentioned below.

ORIGINAL: killerG

I just got mine and I am in the process of making the wings detachable. I was thinking that I could just put a blind nut in the hole where the smaller front rod would go. I did this to one wing and it seems ok but I can wiggle the trailing edge of the wing just a little where it goes against the fuselage. I can pull it out and get a gab about 1/6". Is this ok, or is there a better method of attaching the wings?
Old 12-18-2006, 01:53 AM
AGR413
My Feedback: (1)

Finally got my Bobcat with Tower .75 dialed in today.

I had to put a dubro exhaust deflector on my .75 due to the on comming air causing the muffler to over pressurize the tank.

[link=http://www.rcuvideos.com/view_video.php?viewkey=4175610e5a00c1e221eb]Bobcat with Tower .75[/link]
Old 12-18-2006, 09:36 AM
limeybob
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I added a 6-32 blind nut 1" in front of the anti-rotation pin, the only problem is that it pulls into the balsa rib behind the outer lite-ply rib, I used lots of CA to stiffen the balsa.
Had to pull the tank at the field, got it upside dowm naturally, anti rotation pin gets in the way of the tank removal. I removed a section of the former above the tank for access. Doesn't seem to hurt anything.
Bob
Old 12-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Jeremy_D

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

would an 11x8 be suitable for a os61 FX? If not what would be recomended
Old 12-19-2006, 05:48 PM
AGR413

11x8 should be fine

12x6 will also work and fit between the booms of the Bobcat
Old 12-19-2006, 06:32 PM
dragraces
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Arg I have a question [many more 2 come] when u put your blind nuts in did you just put the 2 in front of the anti rotation pin or did you put more i saw in an earlier post that someone did that and it was loose in back would 4 work better or two and some silcone 2 seal the edge for airflow ??

Thx still just gettin started want to go bolt route instead of epoxy

Jason
Old 12-19-2006, 09:35 PM
wegie pilot

Does anybody know what the 3 little pieces of square ply- 1/2" X 1/8" are for . No mention in instructions. Thx---Bob B.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:48 PM
dragonpilot
My Feedback: (38)

ORIGINAL: dragraces

Hey Arg I have a question [many more 2 come] when u put your blind nuts in did you just put the 2 in front of the anti rotation pin or did you put more i saw in an earlier post that someone did that and it was loose in back would 4 work better or two and some silcone 2 seal the edge for airflow ??

Thx still just gettin started want to go bolt route instead of epoxy

Jason
Hey Guys,

You really don't need much to hold the wings together as long as your spar is in. I have mine removable but rarely do it anyway.
If you don't want to glue and will rarely remove, You can use either Scotch or 3M clear tape (the good stuff) and tape the wings to the fuse at the joint. This will also eliminate your wing gap issue. This will hold the wings on just fine.
Or you can do the eye hook/rubber band scenario. Easy on and off.
My plate across the bottom of the fuse/wing deal is the easiest. Loosen 1 screw and my wings are off. check out some of the earlier posts.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:14 PM
AGR413

I placed my bind nuts just in front of the anti rotation pin. Its all spelled out in the review I just completed.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...65&kit_id=4554

I should add though that I also noticed a small gap at the trailing edge with the bolts tightened down. I chose to deal with this by placing two strips of heavy duty clear packing tap on the bottom of the airplane while pressing the wings together. I do have some issues with fuel seeping in between the fuse and the wing, I will either tape or silicone seal this joint...when I get around to it lol.

Wegie,

I have no clue what those are for, in retrospect I could have reinforced the exit point of the nose gear, but I cut them up and used them to secure my canopy screws.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:31 PM
dragraces

The Blind nuts worked great glad i did it that way leaves me the option of taking it apart

Just a small gap in trailing edge of wing i think i will silcone

Whats everyone using for spinners i have an os 46 fx witha 10 x 6 pusher prop reg spinner doesnt seem to want to work !

So far so good looks awsome thx 2 everyone on there help

Jason
Old 12-20-2006, 03:35 PM
AGR413

Spinner we don't ne no stinking spinners....lol. I am avoiding anything that adds wieght to the back end. It would look spiffy though.

I would like to hear comments on CG though. I am flying mine at 10.3 inches aft of the leading edge and flying it seems nose heavy still.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:42 PM
dragraces

Chicken Stick ??

Im guessing just a large nut right ??
Old 12-20-2006, 04:13 PM
AGR413

Yes chicken stick, I can still use my starter if I need to, just flip the insert around.

I use the stock prop washer and nut that came with my Tower .75
Old 12-20-2006, 05:17 PM
gehr2box

I'm using a Dubro aluminum spinner prop nut. Looks good and its very light.

ORIGINAL: dragraces

The Blind nuts worked great glad i did it that way leaves me the option of taking it apart

Just a small gap in trailing edge of wing i think i will silcone

Whats everyone using for spinners i have an os 46 fx witha 10 x 6 pusher prop reg spinner doesnt seem to want to work !

So far so good looks awsome thx 2 everyone on there help

Jason
Old 12-20-2006, 07:11 PM
dragraces

Found one from Dubro

Thx again

Jason

I WILL BE BACK
Old 12-21-2006, 10:42 AM
flyinmagician

Maidened my Bobcat yesterday! Awesome is the word!!!!!! 91 fx is the way to go. 14 - 7 trimmed 3 blade prop makes one cool sound! Estimated speed around 110-120 mph not as fast as Diamond dust but looks sweet!!!!!! Landings are easy, just keep up speed and let settle in. Rolls are fast Fast! fast! Clear covering coming off as reported in other posts and landing gear is weak but bends right back. For the money this is one eye catching bird!
Clay
Old 12-21-2006, 07:56 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Guys,

Ive been reading into hundreds of posts here with great interest.

bottom line - which nitro prop engine is the best in order to make this baby fly AS FAST as possible ? i would love to stick to OS but would consider anything as long as it makes this thing fly clsoer to a real jet in speeds !
thanks.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:09 PM
gary don

I HAVE A OS 61 ON MY CAT AND IT FLYS GREAT. I USED A 11-6 PROP APC. CHANGED THE FRONT LANDING GEAR TO A TWO POLE. LANDS GREAT.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:03 PM
knowcrash
My Feedback: (38)

rossi .81 ducted fan engine with pipe. 11x7 apc prop verrry faast.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:18 PM
Wayne22

I finally got mine bolted together and up on its wheels today. I only have 20 to 30 minutes a day to work on it...whcih is okay because we have another 4 months of winter to get through !! Seeing it all together now is really motivating!!! I can see being finished very shortly, and having to look at that aluring shape for the remainder of the winter and not being able to fly........

bottom line - which nitro prop engine is the best in order to make this baby fly AS FAST as possible ? i would love to stick to OS but would consider anything as long as it makes this thing fly clsoer to a real jet in speeds !
i3dm The biggest constraint is going to be the prop...there are not that many pusher props available. There is a little over 13" clearance between the booms, and unless you raise the motor, or lengthen the landing gear, you would still be trimming grass... If you can get a reversible engine, or go electric, you will have dozens more props to choose from....
Old 12-22-2006, 02:19 AM
killerG
My Feedback: (32)

dragraces
I didn't end up doing it the way I previously described. I ended up putting 1/4 blind nuts about 1" in front of the small anti rotation rod. Now the wings seem much more secure.

As for the 3 pieces of ply I am still trying to figure it out.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:06 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

reversible engines - thats interesting, anyone know of some readily available that fit this bird ?

thanks.
Old 12-22-2006, 03:12 AM
Dig it

I'm putting a JETT Engineering 50 on mine with a reversed crank. Dub did it up in no time and sent it out. Looks awesome and its light. Can't wait to give it a try.

Dale

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.