Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 09:25 PM
dragraces
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitro models pusher Bobcat?

I really dont know how fast it is going never have had a radar gun but my buddy who has had his plane clocked guesses around 90 to 100mph all i can tell ya is it really moves out plenty fast enough i do have big landing gear on back and a homemade canopy so its not very slick plenty of power with the 46fx if i build another i would have to do the tower75 that everyone is putting in nothing like going faster !!

Jason
Old 04-24-2007, 10:31 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dragraces

...........if i build another i would have to do the tower75 that everyone is putting in nothing like going faster !!
if you wanna go fast step up to a Jett, worth every $$$.

kc
Old 04-24-2007, 11:11 PM
dragraces

Not that the thought hasnt seriosly crossed my mind but had second thoughts after watching a video on you tube with $80000 worth of crashes ck out the one at the end u can c the jetcat crumpled i would be crushed not nockin u guys just cant afford it yet !!

Jason

http://youtube.com/watch?v=V1vaVDy56Io
Old 04-25-2007, 02:01 AM
NM_Mark
My Feedback: (8)

HEY NM MARK U EVER TRY THAT 11X6 PROP ??
I did, the 10x7 was quicker. 11x6 got it off the ground quicker, but more speed with the 10x7
Old 04-25-2007, 02:23 AM
KC36330

Not that the thought hasnt seriosly crossed my mind but had second thoughts after watching a video on you tube with $80000 worth of crashes ck out the one at the end u can c the jetcat crumpled i would be crushed not nockin u guys just cant afford it yet !!

Jason
Jett is a high performance glow engine made by Jett Engineering........ i wasn't talking about a turbine on this setup. sorry for the confusion.

kc

Old 04-25-2007, 05:20 AM
dragraces

My Bad ! I Must have a turbine on my mind !!

Jason
Old 04-25-2007, 03:14 PM
dragraces

Canopys are in $7 for canopy $10.30 2 ship incredible
Old 04-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Stick Jammer

ORIGINAL: XJet

A shorter noseleg will ensure that once you touch-down, even if your landing speed isn't *perfect*, it will stick - because once the nose drops there will be no lift (or maybe even a little negative force).
While this may be true, the fact is if you touch down in a nose high attitude the plane should stay on the ground whatever the length of the noesleg. Even with a short nose leg, if you bounce the nose wheel down before the mains, it's gonna ballon. If you have the noseleg so short that there is down force on the wing when all three wheels are on the ground it is very likely that the plane will need exessive elevator for takeoff. Too much negative AOA and it won't lift off at all. Zero or negative AOA can also cause the dreaded leap into the air at too steep of an angle. I've seen prop driven delta wing aircraft that could not get off the ground at all no matter how fast or long the takeoff roll was simply due to zero or negative angle of attack. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 PM
KC36330

ORIGINAL: Stick Jammer

While this may be true, the fact is if you touch down in a nose high attitude the plane should stay on the ground whatever the length of the noesleg. Even with a short nose leg, if you bounce the nose wheel down before the mains, it's gonna ballon. If you have the noseleg so short that there is down force on the wing when all three wheels are on the ground it is very likely that the plane will need exessive elevator for takeoff. Too much negative AOA and it won't lift off at all. Zero or negative AOA can also cause the dreaded leap into the air at too steep of an angle. I've seen prop driven delta wing aircraft that could not get off the ground at all no matter how fast or long the takeoff roll was simply due to zero or negative angle of attack. Just my 2 cents.
the only way that holds true is if the main landing gear is considerably far behind the CG. if the landing gear is configured correctly any negative AOA attitude when on the gear will be corrected by wind force as speed is increased. if you move the mains to far back on a trike setup then it takes tremendous force (forward air speed pushing the surfaces) to force the tail down and get a positive AOA, this can be helpful on planes that have a bad tendency to stall, you won't be able to lift off till well above stall speed, it'll also make the landings stick to the ground because the balance point being so far in front of the mains the weight of the aircraft is leverage then pushing the nose down.

kc
Old 04-25-2007, 07:06 PM
GSK

Just set the aircraft level and It will be fine ,no need to compensate for a bad set up by having the Nose leg too high .

Just reverse the mains and all will be good, even bend the legs further forward a bit after you do that

Guess stickjammer has not flown his yet , he will find out when he tries to fly it .
after seeing mine fly there are 4 more being built In our club.
Might even turn up at Tok In the weekend

G
Old 04-25-2007, 08:15 PM
gofastz

Canopy's are in at Nitro guys..........Gofastz

http://www.nitroplanes.com/canopies.html
Old 04-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Canopys are in $7 for canopy $10.30 2 ship incredible
OK then DON'T buy it.

Boxes they are free right?

Employees do not need to be paid for: order processing, label printing and packaging for shipping, Right?

With a blind eye all you can see $4.35 for postage.

just my .02 worth [sm=bananahead.gif]

AT least you can get parts! Wheelpants For My Quickie from Richmodels just dont exist.
Old 04-25-2007, 09:33 PM
CrashPro
My Feedback: (1)

woohoo.....only had to pay $8.02 shipping for my new canopy
Old 04-25-2007, 10:03 PM
dragraces

Lighten up no big deal allready bought it had 2 have it just thought it was a little 2 much on shipping i have had whole planes shipped for less!!!

Just my $10.30 worth

Thx

Jason[sm=punching.gif]
Old 04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well thats just $5.15 per canopy.

Airborne Models wanted $6.95 to ship a $15.00 canopy.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Heli-NuBee

I finally finished my Tower 75 powered Nitro Planes Bobcat yesterday. I ran the first engine brake in tank of fuel using a tractor prop to keep the engine cool. The engine is quite tight yet but ran very well. I will run at least a couple of more tanks of fuel through it before trying the maiden flight. I ended up reinforcing the boom mounts and replacing the nylon bolts with steel bolts for mounting the booms. I also installed blind nuts and 1/4-20 bolts for mounting the wings. My wife just had surgery this week so it will probably be next week before I get the chance to take that maiden flight. The plane looks great and I think I will have a great deal of fun with it.

Best wishes and good safe flying.

Heli-NuBee (Roger)
Old 04-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Stick Jammer

Original: KC36330

the only way that holds true is if the main landing gear is considerably far behind the CG. if the landing gear is configured correctly any negative AOA attitude when on the gear will be corrected by wind force as speed is increased.
Which is exactly the case with the Bobkitty. The stock main gear position is over 5" behind the CG, a little too far in my opinion.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Stick Jammer

Original: GSK

Just reverse the mains and all will be good, even bend the legs further forward a bit after you do that
I'd be surprised if anyone who simply reverses the main gear is having much success with them holding up for very long. They will be very prone to ripping right out. I opted to rebuild with stronger blocks side to side, 3/16" wire, and 2 1/2" forward. No I have not flown it yet but I will post a report when I do.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Randy M.
My Feedback: (38)

I did reverse my gear, and yes they promptly broke the blocks. I flew it several times and it made a big difference on the rotation and the landing. I had one side break while taxiing. I went to turn and it hopped a little and snap the block. I didn't let that ruin the day though, I just turned that side back around and continued to fly. I repaired it that night with hardwood gear block. Actually, I moved the blocks even furthur forward. Take off rolls are very smooth.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:03 AM
MMallory
My Feedback: (1)

I am flying in the stock position and do not have any issues. Many jets have the gear well behind the CG. I remember reading why years ago be don't recall the details.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Stick Jammer

Original: MMallory

I am flying in the stock position and do not have any issues.
Just curious, are you able to hold the nose up after the mains touch down and then let the nose wheel down?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:15 PM
dragonpilot

ORIGINAL: Stick Jammer

Original: MMallory

I am flying in the stock position and do not have any issues.
Just curious, are you able to hold the nose up after the mains touch down and then let the nose wheel down?
There are no issues with the gear in the stock position. After flying about hundred flights in the stock gear, I installed retracts in the same positions. On one flight the nose gear got stuck so I landed on two wheels and held it till I gently let the nose slide down to the runway. If you have issues flying with the stock locations you probably have other issues going on.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Stick Jammer

Original: dragonpilot

There are no issues with the gear in the stock position. After flying about hundred flights in the stock gear, I installed retracts in the same positions. On one flight the nose gear got stuck so I landed on two wheels and held it till I gently let the nose slide down to the runway. If you have issues flying with the stock locations you probably have other issues going on.
Thanks for the info. That's interesting that you were able to get 100 flights with the stock gear. It's also interesting to read many reports of bad takeoff and landing tendencies that were corrected by simply moving the main gear forward while others have no issues at all. Guess I'll just have to see what mine does when I finally get around to flying it.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:49 PM
dragonpilot

I should clarify that by saying stock locations not gear. I threw out the chrome stock struts after about the 2nd or 3rd flight. I made up several copies of the struts using better metal. I think I posted this a while back with a picture. Post #353 page 15..
Old 04-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Adrians flyer

Being as how I've only had mine up for 8 flight before I lost it in stall after a power failure........I'll tell you about it sometime, but even though I am a fly of tail draggers, I didn't have much of a problem with the gear in the stock position. One of them popped the block but a little 30 min epoxy and we were back in business. It didn't hop off the runway on takeoff, and on landing I had a little bounce, but it was controllable. I only wished the track was a little wider, so when I taxied in a strong crosswind it didn't have the tendancy to tip and scuff a wing tip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.