Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anyone building the Fei Bao Hawk?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone building the Fei Bao Hawk?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 12:44 AM
Jim Cattanach

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anyone building the Fei Bao Hawk?

Thinking of buying one for my next project. I thought it was the old Skymaster Hawk, but it is larger.
Having had problems with the Jet Legend Hawk, I want to avoid a similar situation. The other alternative is to wait for the new Skymaster Hawk.

If anyone is building one, your thoughts would be welcome.

Regards

Jim
Old 08-30-2006, 02:40 AM
john agnew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anyone building the Fei Bao Hawk?

Jim

I am 99% sure this is the old SM Hawk, Feibao used to make the models for SM ( Which, incidentally came as a big surprise to me!) The length quoted on the Feibao website is 87" same as the SM version and the span is 74" which is 2" bigger than the SM version but quite often the dimensions on these websites are incorrect. No prices on the website so I don't know where you would order one.
If it is the old SM Hawk it is a good model and should not give you any problems, I am using a Wren SS in mine with the Wren tailpipe. The only modification I would make is to replace the brass elevator bearings with two ball races of 8mm internal diameter to ensure totally free elevator movement, as the central joiner is unsupported there is also some lateral movement of the joiner with servo input and this can cause some friction at the bearings.

Personally I would wait for the new SM Hawk if the prices are similiar, it should be more scale than the original it will have the ball raced elevator and it is supposed to be lighter.

John
Old 08-30-2006, 03:11 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Go for it jascat!

i just recieved the hawks here and was very impressed with the quality.
very very complete , stickers allready under the transparant paint.
the cockpit changed with a half one , so that the front part stays on the model itself (like the airworld l-39)
looks much better.
also came with all fins.
the box was extremely good packed.
i just oredered more of them to keep on stock.
however i dont like the gears and did not order them , they are still the same ones as from day one.
but i was positive suprised about the new quality from FeiBao and now i will start taking orders!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:34 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Are there any panel lines on it ?
is there a pipe included ?
Old 08-30-2006, 05:07 AM
Jim Cattanach

Thanks guys.
Sandor. Does it come with an instruction manual & most importantly, a C of G setting?
Do you supply the complete gear package?

Regards

Jim
Old 08-30-2006, 05:28 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: SJN

Are there any panel lines on it ?
is there a pipe included ?

however i recomend a europe version type pipe would be better.
i can get them from Turbo Didi or orbit.
the china one,s are to heavy

yes it has panel lines
Old 08-30-2006, 05:32 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: Jascat100

Thanks guys.
Sandor. Does it come with an instruction manual & most importantly, a C of G setting?

Regards

Jim
the instructions you can use from the feibao/skymaster one
there still must be one somewhere
it is pretty basic like "strong more" and things

i recomend the jet-1a package.
this can hold it with easy without braking out.
and most important springs can be exchanged.

if you need anything give me a call or talk to me on jetpower
i can always set you up and you can check the quality.
i think i will take one to jetpower for people to look at.

and dont worry i actualy flew one
and ali machinchy wrote stuff about it in this forum once about the correct C&G
Old 08-30-2006, 06:39 AM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A flight review of the Rafale was posted in our danish forum, I hope they recieved a "monday model"

Skrevet - 19/08/2006 : 14:55:40
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 2:44 PM
To: Anton Lin
Subject: Re : Re : from SM Jet

DEAR ANTON,

Thank you for your video.

We flew with a SIMJET 2300AES, dry weight was 9,9kg (without missiles and wing tanks).

She flew well but we have had some problems:
-Flutter on both ailerons> I think itÂąs due to the weight of the ailerons, very heavy and also the trailing edge is too thick. -Both tyres went out off the rim when landing> It cannot work as it is made, the rim is flat and the tyres are not fixed to the rim! -Fin splits in 2 parts> you have a big problem to work with fiberglass, the quality is really not good!

Following the weight of the components of the RAFALE kit we received: Canopy 290g could be 200g Canard (pair) 200g could be 100g Wing halves 630g could be 500g Fuselage (complete) 4000g Fin 335g could be 200g Tail pipe 400g Missile and tank set: 1070g

Cordialement,
Best regards,
JF BOUDET

TOPMODEL S.A.S.
BP3
Le jardin d'entreprises de Sologne
41300 SELLES SAINT DENIS
FRANCE

Téléphone: +33 2 54 94 01 01
Fax: +33 2 54 94 01 09

www.topmodel.fr

Sandor, have you heard anything about the f-5 from FB ?
is it available ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58115.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	515908   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38714.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	515909   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk15728.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	515910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37181.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	515911  
Old 08-30-2006, 07:16 AM
digitech

A flight review of the Rafale was posted in our danish forum, I hope they recieved a "monday model"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEAR ANTON,

We flew with a SIMJET 2300AES, dry weight was 9,9kg (without missiles and wing tanks).

-Flutter on both ailerons> I think itÂąs due to the weight of the ailerons, very heavy and also the trailing edge is too thick. -Both tyres went out off the rim when landing> It cannot work as it is made, the rim is flat and the tyres are not fixed to the rim! -Fin splits in 2 parts> you have a big problem to work with fiberglass, the quality is really not good!

Following the weight of the components of the RAFALE kit we received: Canopy 290g could be 200g Canard (pair) 200g could be 100g Wing halves 630g could be 500g Fuselage (complete) 4000g Fin 335g could be 200g Tail pipe 400g Missile and tank set: 1070g

Cordialement,
Best regards,
JF BOUDET

TOPMODEL S.A.S.
BP3
41300 SELLES SAINT DENIS
FRANCE

www.topmodel.fr

Sandor, have you heard anything about the f-5 from FB ?
is it available ?
no not seen a F-5 yet

as for the gears like i said dont like them to weak for our flying in europe
that is why i wont order any gears.
i can now just tell you about the hawk it was perfect in any way.

Old 08-30-2006, 09:02 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SJN...Anton Lin? He is selling FeiBao? I'm confused...

Jascat...if you are looking for a sure thing, this ain't it, is it? As far as I know, these are the old Skymaster molds, but who knows what has been changed? If you want a sure thing, get a Skymaster Hawk from a Skymaster dealer. This one, well, let Sandor test fly the Feibao kit for a bit instead. Nice to hear that he is pleased with the quality out of the box...but the JL Hawk looked great out of the box, too, no?
Old 08-30-2006, 09:48 AM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I thought Anton was Skymaster.

Everything is very confusing
Old 08-30-2006, 09:52 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

SJN...Anton Lin? He is selling FeiBao? I'm confused...

Jascat...if you are looking for a sure thing, this ain't it, is it? As far as I know, these are the old Skymaster molds, but who knows what has been changed? If you want a sure thing, get a Skymaster Hawk from a Skymaster dealer. This one, well, let Sandor test fly the Feibao kit for a bit instead. Nice to hear that he is pleased with the quality out of the box...but the JL Hawk looked great out of the box, too, no?

well this one is different like i said.
the cockpit is completely different , however the profile and span and weight is the same.
i had the "old"skymaster one and flew great.
and for that money you cant complain.
beleive me i wont sell anything boefore we seen it, and or tested it.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:04 AM
EASYTIGER
Banned
My Feedback: (119)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure it will be okay, but like you said, it IS different from the SM one. And who knows how those differences affect the way the plane flies?
Jascat says he is looking for a sure thing...well...this is not it!

Anxious to hear about how yours goes together and flies.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:12 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: EASYTIGER

I'm sure it will be okay, but like you said, it IS different from the SM one. And who knows how those differences affect the way the plane flies?
Jascat says he is looking for a sure thing...well...this is not it!

Anxious to hear about how yours goes together and flies.
no the changes are cosmetic and not on the rest
the wings are exactly the same , so is the fuselage.
just the cockpit is different and more scale , so are the fins , rivets.
whatever it is he quality is improved with 100%very nice paintjob also.

Old 08-30-2006, 12:49 PM
JetsRC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Easytiger, the coments about the Rafale that SJN posted are from the Rafale that was build at the Fei Bao Factory when they used to make some jets for Skymaster. They are comments from the test flights of the prototype. The new ARF PLUS Rafales from Skymaster are build in the new Skymaster factory and have nothing to do with the old ones, the new one is even bigger and it is in the very early stages of the whole proccess...

Michel
Old 08-30-2006, 01:44 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Sandor,
How much is the FB Hawk ??? V..
Old 08-30-2006, 01:52 PM
digitech

ORIGINAL: Vincent

Sandor,
How much is the FB Hawk ??? V..

if there is no us distributor i could check it out for you , if you want
mail me if you want.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:13 PM
AirPac Models

For the people that has concerns of this issue of Fei Bao and the letter below, I will just simply explain this issue once. For the people that has been in the RCU longer, this issue is just a repeated history of bad luck for Skymaster joint venture with the manufacture in China. Basically, Fei Bao is still part owner of Anton (Skymaster Owner) but his Chinese partner has robbed and took over the production facility. All of design by Anton has become lost and it's under someone's name. I will no longer discuss this issue, for the people that's concerned of this issue might be able to referral from the previous post on RCU. This is the second similar issue, when Skymaster found the wrong partner in China.

This letter below is from JF BOUDET , a French Copamy, he had a misunderstanding that the Fei Bao have the same production as Skymaster, even without the quality control by Skymaster. Although the Rafale the first photo type is design by Anton, however the production took place after Anton been robbed and force to leave. So this French Company, he thought can have the same quality products as the Skymaster but just have the cheaper source from China. This letterwas written after they received the Rafale from Fei Bao (not from Skymaster). This French company was unsatisfied, and he has sent an email to Anton to notify him that he made a discovery that the quality is different from Skymaster. Therefore this letter is addressed to Anton (Skymaster).

DEAR ANTON,

Cordialement,
Best regards,
JF BOUDET

TOPMODEL S.A.S.
BP3
41300 SELLES SAINT DENIS
FRANCE

www.topmodel.fr

Old 08-31-2006, 02:38 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: AirPac Models

For the people that has concerns of this issue of Fei Bao and the letter below, I will just simply explain this issue once. For the people that has been in the RCU longer, this issue is just a repeated history of bad luck for Skymaster joint venture with the manufacture in China. Basically, Fei Bao is still part owner of Anton (Skymaster Owner) but his Chinese partner has robbed and took over the production facility. All of design by Anton has become lost and it's under someone's name. I will no longer discuss this issue, for the people that's concerned of this issue might be able to referral from the previous post on RCU. This is the second similar issue, when Skymaster found the wrong partner in China.

This letter below is from JF BOUDET , a French Copamy, he had a misunderstanding that the Fei Bao have the same production as Skymaster, even without the quality control by Skymaster. Although the Rafale the first photo type is design by Anton, however the production took place after Anton been robbed and force to leave. So this French Company, he thought can have the same quality products as the Skymaster but just have the cheaper source from China. This letterwas written after they received the Rafale from Fei Bao (not from Skymaster). This French company was unsatisfied, and he has sent an email to Anton to notify him that he made a discovery that the quality is different from Skymaster. Therefore this letter is addressed to Anton (Skymaster).

DEAR ANTON,

Cordialement,
Best regards,
JF BOUDET

TOPMODEL S.A.S.
BP3
41300 SELLES SAINT DENIS
FRANCE

www.topmodel.fr

dont care what happened,i had 3 hawks from skymaster.
and now i got one from feibao,the difference was huge!.
the feibao outperformes the skymaster with quality.
strange that you just can bash another company.
as always the thruth is somewhere in the middle.
lets say i am doing business for years in china , and everything get copied by everyone.
there is no way controlling this.
so just get on , and make sure skymaster does what they promisse....
Old 09-15-2006, 03:16 AM
acrodust

There is from now a French dealer : www.jetunivers.com

Christophe
Old 09-15-2006, 03:29 AM
Rider-60
My Feedback: (17)

Why a dealer when you can buy direct & cheaper??
Old 09-15-2006, 04:28 AM
PowerGrunt

Hi Guys,

Not the same kit but I am building the chippy ho F-18 and it is 90% finished,
just got the speed brake, pipe and engine (PST 1300) to go and its ready to go.
the kit had no manual so it was a bit wasn't to bad to work out where eveything had to go.
The scale retracts they supply are very good and + lock up and down with no problems.
just need to work out the CG, w/o the missiles, drop tanks is will be aprox 27-28 pounds,
they will be added later depending on how it is to fly.
the finish is as good as any of the arf jets on the market.
The main thing will be how good it goes on its test flight!!!! I will know soon enough

The hawk should be a very good quality kit to. just try not to over do the accessories to keep the weight down
as lite as you can.

cheers Pete
Old 09-15-2006, 06:53 AM
acrodust

Hy Rider-60

you can't buy directy from feibao .

And the price are the same ...add shipping and VAT

If you want some info please do not esitate to contact us

Christophe
www.jetunivers.com
Old 09-15-2006, 06:59 AM
Jeremy_D

Hi Pete,

You going to have it ready for temora? Should be a good meet this year
Old 09-15-2006, 12:20 PM
Dave Presta
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Jascat100

Thanks guys.

Regards

Jim
Jim, this aircraft will be available for shipping in 30 days from Al's hobbies. His version will include Tamjets upgraded hardware/accesories and a detailed instrucion manual written by means of test flying. There will be video, pictures, and tips/info soon up on the TamJets website. If you are across the pond, and interested in this model, please call Al's hobbies for ordering information. The same goes for the Rafale.
Best Regards,
Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.