Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

s/m 1/6 f16 in my hot little hands!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

s/m 1/6 f16 in my hot little hands!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:21 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: s/m 1/6 f16 in my hot little hands!

Welcome aboard Thomas! Nice scheme. Working on mine now...waiting on L/G, supposed to arrive Monday or Tuesday.

Is that a Airworld Focke Wulf 190A I see in the background of your pic??? I flew that bird with a Moki 250 Radial for about a year as a demo plane.

Good luck,
Rex
Old 01-25-2008, 09:25 PM
RonTins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: thomas_ericsson

i`ve just got mine
Welcome to the club.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:03 PM
PowerBoxDanny
My Feedback: (47)

Thanks for the compliments on the install Rbx!

Ice, I broke off the left stab if you are looking forward from behind the airplane. I am in the process of fixing it. I really dont want to but it looks like its the only way Im gonna fly anytime soon. I was honestly afraid this would happen with overseas companies as far as replacement parts. Still no word from Anton on a replacement. Hopefully he gets back to me soon.

Thomas, I am jealous as that is the original scheme I wanted. I love that scheme! Grats!
Old 01-26-2008, 12:27 AM
billtulsa

Gear door cylinders:

How have you guys managed to get the main gears doors open enough using the stock 1.5" stoke cylinders? I have had to go to 2" stoke and completly change the pick off point on the door (much closer to the hinge line) and mount the cylinder almost at the centerline of the fuse right below the intake duct. I thought the doors were to flimsly when the cylnder was pointing straight down as seen in the original installation pictures.
I purchased some UP 2" cylinders and they leak when any side load at all is placed on them when extended. Whats the best 2" stoke cylinder on the market?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 01-26-2008, 12:36 AM
pilot tw

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: SkunkWerkz

Thanks for the compliments on the install Rbx!

Ice, I broke off the left stab if you are looking forward from behind the airplane. I am in the process of fixing it. I really dont want to but it looks like its the only way Im gonna fly anytime soon. I was honestly afraid this would happen with overseas companies as far as replacement parts. Still no word from Anton on a replacement. Hopefully he gets back to me soon.

Thomas, I am jealous as that is the original scheme I wanted. I love that scheme! Grats!
Hi, SkunkWerkz

did you send e-mail to me? if ou sent. I will reply to you today,

Sorry, for the reply late,

Best regards

Anton

Old 01-26-2008, 04:28 AM
icepilot

SW - sent you a PM
Old 01-26-2008, 04:34 AM
icepilot

Tjänare Thomas - nice scheme! Congratulations!
Which turbine will you put in it? Will we see you at Laxå this spring??

Tor
Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Hey all!

I got a reply from Anton today . Thanks for getting back to me Anton! Also, I did recieve your PM Tor! Thanks a million! Looks like I should be back in business very soon!
Old 01-26-2008, 09:49 AM
thomas_ericsson

Rex: thanx ...yes it is but the FW190 its not mine a friend is building it, will be powerd by a moki 215cc.

Icepilot: hello Tor thanx, i really love this scheme im going to fly it with a Behotec JB 165 turbine, i hope it will fly as good as yours. See you at Laxå
Old 01-26-2008, 10:08 AM
icepilot

Hi Bill -
Like I have said here before, I changed the cylinders for a bigger diameter, but the stroke is the same
as the SM cylinders. Here is a picture of my installation, works fine!

SW - let me know what you want to do - my experience with Anton has been 100% positive, I'm sure
he will come through. If the stab isn't available, we'll do it the other way. Gotta keep that F-16 flying!!

Tor
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28479.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	861425  
Old 01-26-2008, 10:13 AM
WhoDaMan
My Feedback: (164)

You guy's are making me cry,,, I am still about a month out [&o]
Old 01-26-2008, 11:38 AM
billtulsa

Thanks for the picture Tor. I am using the Matrix landing gear and believe the gear door has to be open a little further due to the larger tire size, that's what's getting me. I'll get there.

Bill
Old 01-26-2008, 09:51 PM
RonTins

ORIGINAL: pilot tw

Hi Fifi,

pls do not try to remove the former for the L/g,

I will send the new 2mm board to you for modify the angle, you only glue add the 2 mm board to the old hulkhead,

Please wait a few days that you will get it soon,

Sorry for my workers made the mistake angle,

I already asking my QC staff for this problem,

Best Regards

Anton
Hi Anton:

I received the rear formers you sent to me last week for my f-16. I sanded one of the formers further and attached it onto the former to see whether that corrected the misalignment. To my dismay, after taking a close look at the gear doors and the rear former, it appears that it is rather the doors that are cut slightly at an angle thus causing the wheels to rub when being retracted. I am at a point where I'm not sure what to do. If I use the plates you sent me to have the gear aligned to the doors, I'm fearful that the gear will be in mis-alignment and I would never be able to taxi straight. What can I do to correct this?

Old 01-27-2008, 11:01 PM
rbxbear44

Tor and SW...
Need some help on the Rudder. I have been "messing" around with the hinges and the whole set up and need to know how you guys set your hinges in the Fin and the Rudder.

Did you shave some off the skin of the Fin to get some movement?

I am wondering it there is a "good formula" for setting these hinges...did you keep the hinge pivot points out a bit on either the Fin or Rudder?

There seems to be a balance between deep enough to hold and out enough for function!!!

Please help!

Rex
Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 AM
Likai

ORIGINAL: fiifiward

ORIGINAL: pilot tw

Hi Fifi,

pls do not try to remove the former for the L/g,

I will send the new 2mm board to you for modify the angle, you only glue add the 2 mm board to the old hulkhead,

Please wait a few days that you will get it soon,

Sorry for my workers made the mistake angle,

I already asking my QC staff for this problem,

Best Regards

Anton
Hi Anton:

I received the rear formers you sent to me last week for my f-16. I sanded one of the formers further and attached it onto the former to see whether that corrected the misalignment. To my dismay, after taking a close look at the gear doors and the rear former, it appears that it is rather the doors that are cut slightly at an angle thus causing the wheels to rub when being retracted. I am at a point where I'm not sure what to do. If I use the plates you sent me to have the gear aligned to the doors, I'm fearful that the gear will be in mis-alignment and I would never be able to taxi straight. What can I do to correct this?

Hello fiifiward
Would you please trial fit the angle plat and gear then send me a picture. The Internet of Anton's factory seems be broken and can only contact him by telephone.
In your case of main gear mis-alignment, the angle is about 0.5-1.0 degree. It is not a real problem, you just need 0.5-1.0 degree of nose steering trim to taxi straight. The only problem is if wheels rub something.
My E-mail is [email protected]
Old 01-28-2008, 03:41 AM
icepilot

Hi Rex -
yes, I did shave off some skin as it would bind otherwise. I have the hinge pivot
points slightly out on the fin, and I have about 1 1/2" of rudder movement total.

Tor
Old 01-28-2008, 08:23 AM
rbxbear44

Thanks. I shaved a "sliver" off but did not want to go more until I heard from one of you guys who has done this step. So, I will try and hold the pivots off the fin a bit and shave the skin till I get about a 1 1/2" of travel. Hopefully getting my L/G today or tomorrow.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:32 AM
rbxbear44

Thomas, that is FW190 is a sweet bird to fly. I miss it! I sold mine because I had tons of issues with the cooling of the Radial engine and that airframe design. I spent more time doing work on it than flying it[>:] The way the engine is designed and how the cowl is...was real trouble. Could not get the engine to stay less than 295 degrees...ought to be running around 235 on hottest cylinder. Kept burning out ignition cylinoids too. The guys from Germany told me that we Americans didn't know how to maintain engines!

I am getting the new STS Larger Scale (same as Airworld size) version in the Spring and have RCS backing me on another 250 for this bird...meaning I will have a pit crew for any engine issues. We'll see...maybe I had a lemon for an engine on the last one!

Good luck on the F-16 build.
Rex
Old 01-28-2008, 09:10 AM
PowerBoxDanny

Hey there Rbx, Yes I shaved a tiny bit off too and what I do is put the hinge way in the rudder so that the hinge point is in line with its edge and then leave it out a bit from the stab itself. I didnt care for a huge amount of rudder movement as Im not planning on knife edge with this aircraft . I just need enough for crosswind landings and such! Sounds like your on your way!! Its a great thing!

Danny
Old 01-28-2008, 09:40 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

I also took a little off the fin, I've got about 1 1/4" travel. Also, bevel the inside of the trailing edge if the fin; you'll be surprised how much more travel you'll get, I think mine was around 1/4" each side.
I just ordered the light kit from details4scale, anyone install them on their F-16 and if so, any comments?
BRG,
Jon
Old 01-28-2008, 12:05 PM
rbxbear44

Thanks Danny and Jon...
Will do on the fin and rudder.

Did you guys do the "upgrade" on the Rudder like Tor or stay with the stock set up (Page 8 of this thread)? I bought the materials but was going to wait and see how things settled out...just in case.
Rex
Old 01-28-2008, 12:46 PM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Rex,
I changed the rudder linkage the way Tor did.
I had so much play that I could move the rudder at least 3/8" either way without the servo moving. Also, I could not get the rudder to center. If I moved the rudder, say to the right, it would return to it's centered position, then if I went left, it would not return to center.
The rudder setup was my biggest concern and since I did the modification it works perfectly.
Evidently there's a wide variance in the amount of play, from almost nothing to a lot, and I consider mine a lot.
There's just too much time and money invested in the model not to make the modification, especially since it only takes a couple of hours to do.
BRG,
Jon
Old 01-28-2008, 02:23 PM
icepilot

Hi Jon -
does your light kit have 1W Luxeon emitters or high power LED's? I have the Dreamworks/Flugmodellbau lights on mine,
and they are 1W emitters which really show up great, even in broad daylight. Check the afterburner video and you can
clearly see them in flight! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnKCzIn-wYA

If this is the same set, I have a few tips for you!

Rex - I would take the time to mod the rudder - I had flutter once on my rudder - that's a sound I don't want to hear
again!! Scary - and the guys who have seen and heard it before congratulated me on my "new" F-16 when I landed -
because the usual outcome of a hard flutter is an instant rekitting of the plane!![:-]

SW: This is the first plane I have flown confidently in a strong crosswind and landed perfectly every time with almost
no rudder input - so I believe 1" total deflection would be fine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jSpVj2RrAU
At this jet meeting we had a constant 10m/s in the back, and I completed 10 flights without a single bad landing!

(That says more about the plane than about me!!)
Tor
Old 01-28-2008, 08:38 PM
rbxbear44

Tor,
Here are some pics of my Elevon and Rudder set up. For Elevons, I did what you guys did and I added a plate to the horn arm coming off the Bearing Shaft for additional strength around the ball link.

The Rudder was pretty much whatever would fit the short throw...

I am doing the Rudder modification tonight so it will be DONE! I agree with you guys on this...do it now rather than later or as a "replacement plane move".

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53895.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	864016   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95624.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	864017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42451.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	864018  
Old 01-29-2008, 03:13 AM
icepilot

Looking good and solid - glad you're doing the rudder mod. It's fast and easy and 100% slop free!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.