Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Simjet owners, how do you like your turbine?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Simjet owners, how do you like your turbine?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 02:22 PM
crazy+plane=yes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Simjet owners, how do you like your turbine?

Sicklick

Firstly thank for you input on the thread. I do appreciate your views, and it is appreciated. I value members honest opinion's and views with regards the situation, and I am in no way taking what you say personally.

You are correct one of my main complaints is the fact that the engine was not in fact it as would appear opened by simjet for inspection. I do take on board that Simjet have extensive knowledge of their engines and their componets, however I disagree that they were able to make an informed opinion of the damage that the engine suffered without actually removing the cowel. I do have to remind you that engines are often repaired by Simjet that have sustained heavy damage from a model crash and extensive speeds and burst into flames etc.

With regards trusting the opinion of the engineer rather than Lars, this is because, as the engineer took the time to open the engine, he discovered that there was in fact very little damage to the components of the engine, and they were easily repaired. The engineer now has a turbine that he can fly.

In answer to your illustration of the car engine scenario, I can answer that if you have a problem with your car you can in fact seek a second opinion before putting the engine to 'scrap'.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:39 PM
crazy+plane=yes

I must apologise for the miss-spelling of your name in my last posting. I am very sorry.

Alan.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:44 PM
foster4u
My Feedback: (112)

Wow!! I just read this complete thread and could not help but comment. I personally agree with the manufacture of this turbine that if there is any reason to doubt the condition or quality of the turbines returned I would deem them non repairable and cut my liability on these items. It really does not matter if someone else can make it work, each manufacture has to draw a line as to what he will stand behind. What if Lars did repair the heat damaged turbines and you were out flying when some internal part that was overheated or over stressed due to heat let go?? are you going to accept the blame for this or turn on Lars as the one that said it was good to go?? I think you would be screaming to high heaven that it's up to the manufacture to make sure the turbine is up to standard before they ship it out!! So why do you not allow him the right to his judgment as the "Expert" on this item?? Other than the fact that he should have charged you for return shipment and sent you your damaged parts the same day he decided to not work on them I see nothing wrong with him refusing to put his name on something he can't be sure of.. And yes fire or heat damage can do far more damage to the turbine than a crash without leaving the obvious dents, dings and bent parts!!
Old 08-13-2006, 09:42 PM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: foster4u

Wow!! I just read this complete thread and could not help but comment. I personally agree with the manufacture of this turbine that if there is any reason to doubt the condition or quality of the turbines returned I would deem them non repairable and cut my liability on these items. It really does not matter if someone else can make it work, each manufacture has to draw a line as to what he will stand behind. What if Lars did repair the heat damaged turbines and you were out flying when some internal part that was overheated or over stressed due to heat let go?? are you going to accept the blame for this or turn on Lars as the one that said it was good to go?? I think you would be screaming to high heaven that it's up to the manufacture to make sure the turbine is up to standard before they ship it out!! So why do you not allow him the right to his judgment as the "Expert" on this item?? Other than the fact that he should have charged you for return shipment and sent you your damaged parts the same day he decided to not work on them I see nothing wrong with him refusing to put his name on something he can't be sure of.. And yes fire or heat damage can do far more damage to the turbine than a crash without leaving the obvious dents, dings and bent parts!!
Very well said. I also agree. If it was my business, I would only put out the best and not risk my name on suspect components. I am sure lars has seen many engines that have been through fires and would know first hand what it would take to repair these engines.

I beleive he has everyones best interest when he says they are not repairable. He then offers someone a very good deal on new engines only be accused of trying to rip someone off. So much for giving someone a good deal...I am sure that after accusations like this, he will be a little hestiant to go above and beyond to offer such a good deal. He would not keep the engines to rebuild and sell again for the same reasons he would not repair them for you..

This engineer may have been able to repair these engines with a little cleaning and some paint but it would be very risky to run these engines. I would not stake a companys reputation on these engines....
Old 08-14-2006, 01:28 AM
crazy+plane=yes

So, why did Lars insist on keeping them ?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:36 AM
Boomerang1

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I've read the thread too & have to agree with William, Gary and, come to think of it, Lars. I think Lars' original offer was generous & you should have taken it. The good news is that if the idea behind airing all this dirty laundry in public is to make members think twice about dealing with someone it has worked. The bad news is that 'someone' is not Lars. - John.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:28 AM
crazy+plane=yes

You are all entitled to your own opinions of course.

however - can anyone answer the question ?

Thats all I ask.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:52 AM
Gary Arthur

ORIGINAL: crazy+plane=yes

You really dont get it!

He was giving you NEW engines at his cost with your as trades. He may or may not have been able to salvage anything from them but even if he was to trash them, that would be the best place for them.

If I was Simjet and was kind enough to offer you new engines at such a deal and take yours as a trade, I would do that to keep them out of peoples hands. Once these engines have be jepardized by such heat there is no telling when they may let go and cause damage or injury. He is correct to get these compromised engines out of service. If one of these engines does let go and injures someone, I am sure that you would not stand up and take the blame.

Think of it this way...You buy a new car. You have it for X number of years. It is in your garage when it burns down. Do you really think any car dealer or insurance company is going to give you a NEW car with yours as a trade in for his cost? Even if it could be repainted and a few items changed. NOT VERY LIKLEY!!

You should be thanking people like lars, not slamming him in public. John has made a very good point....

I guess like people say " you cant please all of the people"...
Old 08-14-2006, 09:17 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You Are really having a problem with this concept-- It is the same reason Raytheon bought back-confiscated-aquired etc all (but one) of the Beech Starships-they dont want them back on the market with their (Simjet/Raytheons) name on them. When that heat weakend metal lets go and crashes into a bus full of Nuns taking crippled children to the zoo guess whos fault it is. Scott
Old 08-14-2006, 10:59 AM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why did he insist on keeping them?

From the transcripts I read, which included some language barriers, it appeared to me he only wanted to keep them as they weren't worth the price of shipping in his opinion, not to re-manufacture them. I interpreted no indication that he was adamently refusing to ship them - after all he did in the end once you two finally came to terms. I find that short, direct statements of action are best when communicating with people who's first language is not English; leaves much less to be misunderstood.

If I were him, I'd certainly not want them on the market as they'd be likely to tarnish an otherwise good reputation, like they ironically have sort of done. I wouldn't want to be getting rumor and inuendo about the poor quality of materials, poor design, etc. when that's not true. I've found the machining of his engines to be above average - his pride in his work shows. I have no particular affinity for Lars or his product per se'- it's just what I've observed first hand, personally.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:04 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You are all entitled to your own opinions of course.

however - can anyone answer the question ?

Thats all I ask.

opinions are like forums
everyone seems to have one..........
Old 08-14-2006, 12:05 PM
cairoman

On another note,

Don't insurance companies compensate people for losses due to fire?

I would think that since the money is in your pocket from the insurance, the deal given by Lars is very lucritive, as the engines he's offering are latest design and more advanced technologically (latest design combustion chamber, faster spoolup, better fuel consumption, easy to program, per the customer's wishes as opposed to the older, gold ECU versions).

I know, I would not miss such a deal!!!!

Chris
Old 08-14-2006, 01:46 PM
Roger Roger

Hi Guys,,,

Still researching before deciding what engine to go for and came across this ..

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33...tm.htm#3312340

Thought it pertinent to this thread.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:07 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bet you can find complaints in here on any turbine brand, if you look hard enough
Old 08-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Roger Roger

Also you may want to look at the artes bee for the intro.
Good luck
Artes look really good and the company support also looks excellent ... many thanks for pointing me in that direction.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:11 AM
Roger Roger

Just received this PM from Lars, I think .. []

Maybe you sould ask Dwayne about his opinion to day ?? you could just pm him

Lars

Simjet

I am rather surprised to receive a PM from Lars as I am so far neither a customer of his nor have I had any dealings personally with him either as a customer or on RCU.

If he had a reply to make to any of my postings he should do so on the site, and not use such way's as PM to interact on the topic. If he has an input regarding issues discussed on this thread then surely he should do so by means of a 'topic response'!

Hi Dwayne if you read this could you respond and let me know what Lars means ... Thanks
Old 08-17-2006, 05:56 AM
Roger Roger

Hi Guys ... Just been on the Tamjets website looking at some turbines and came across the Bobcat, looks real nice, what would this be like for a first jet ?
Old 09-16-2006, 03:18 PM
crazy+plane=yes

Any answers yet Lars ?

It's been a while now.

Kindest of regards as always.

Alan.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:53 PM
Gary Arthur

Any answers yet Lars ?

It's been a while now.

Alan.
I think you have your answer a few times already in this post. It appears you keep trying to discredit Lars for trying to give you a good deal. In turn you only make yourself look like an ass. give it up already....
Old 09-17-2006, 02:06 AM
crazy+plane=yes

ORIGINAL: Gary Arthur

Any answers yet Lars ?

It's been a while now.

Alan.
I think you have your answer a few times already in this post. It appears you keep trying to discredit Lars for trying to give you a good deal. In turn you only make yourself look like an ass. give it up already....
Thanks Gary,

I ask a question and you resort to name calling.

Oh well, I am thicker skinned than that.

Regards as always. Alan.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:29 AM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

Gentleman Please refrain from Name Calling and keep the information relevant to the topic.

Ian
Old 09-26-2006, 02:48 PM
crazy+plane=yes

Hello Lars.

It's been over a week now since I emailed you the below message and as of yet, have received no reply.

I take from this that you have no objection to me publishing the message?

If you do have an objection. then please email me.

I shall wait a day or so for a reply, but if I don't receive one, then I will assume that this is ok by yourself, and I will adjust my website and update RCgroups,RCUniverse and Flyingsites accordingly.

I have also attatched the latest Google search engine result for "Simjet service" for your perusal.

Alan.
----- Original Message -----
To: Lars Nøhr
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 7:35 PM
Subject: Rcgroups.

Hello Lars.

Do you have any objections to me posting the following on RCgroups ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to admit that RCgroups has one of the best ' meta tag ' aquisition to the Google search engine.

Googling ' Simjet service ' puts this thread at the Top of the list.

But by Googling just ' Simjet ' alone, gets a number 6 spot down the ladder, making it front page news as far as the search engine goes.

Sorry about these stats Lars, but Simjet did do me a diss-service.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, actually was typing this and took some ' time out ' to re think what I was posting. (for your perusal and your autherisation)

Kindest of regards as always to you and yours.

Alan.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:39 PM
Stig Andersen

Hello Alan.

Sorry for your fire.[&o]

Maybe it's time to move on....... Don't you think
Old 09-26-2006, 07:29 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LET IT GO!

It must be terrible going thru life with such a hard on!

Christ sake! Take a chill pill!

Dave "Lets not make a mistake who posted this" Rigotti
Old 09-27-2006, 04:06 AM
crazy+plane=yes

RCU rules : Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Dave, You seem to be very angry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Stig, Thankyou for your sentiments regards our house fire.

Kind regards.

Alan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.