Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba GY351 Set Up With JR10x TX

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba GY351 Set Up With JR10x TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 07:12 AM
ianwilde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba GY351 Set Up With JR10x TX

Hi,

I have a GY351 which I am fitting in a OS 120 powered Gyles 202 with JR8321 servos on ailerons, to trial before fitting in my JetCat 120 powered Mick Reeves Models English Electric Lightning F MK 1 (which currently has a "Fuzzy Pro" gyro fitted). Radio is JR 10X (Airplane Version)

The Futaba instructions are somewhat difficult to follow, but now have grasped this AVCS concept but don't need this mode. I tried yesterday to set up in Normal mode with "Off", "Low rate (Normal)", & "High rate (Normal)" positions, using the "Aux 2", 3 Position switch, & keeping AVCS switched "off", but am struggling.

I an using JR 10X TX Code 44 "Gyro Gain Sensitivity System". With the GY351 gyro gain & control gain trimmers set to 100% as recommended, The Max "normal mode" gyro corrective aileron control response acheivable is with a TX "Gyro Sens Adj" setting of 0%. This reduces to zero corrective response at a setting of +24%, which remains at zero corrective response until +81% when the red light shows solid, & the gyro gain increases in AVCS mode until a maximum at +100% "Gyro Sens Adj".

I can sort of relate this to the Futaba diagram showing that +100% is AVCS Mode (max) down to +40% (min), then Gyro "Off" from +40% down to -40%, then Gyro gain (Normal Mode) increasing from -40% down to a max at -100%, but the JR percentages don't compare, & I can't find a way to enter negative values here.

Anyway, any suggestions you have for setting this gyro up with JR10X (Airplane version)) so that there is switching for Gyro "Off", "Hi Gain Normal Mode", "Low Gain Normal Mode" switching, (AVCS NOT required), would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian Wilde
Old 11-10-2006, 07:20 AM
ianwilde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba GY351 Set Up With JR10x TX

Sorry I posted this twice accidentally!

Ian W