Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

skymaster f-15 and p-120

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

skymaster f-15 and p-120

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 12:09 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default skymaster f-15 and p-120

Hey everybody...

well i change my turbine on my f-15 and i went bigger ..p-120 on the set up with a bypass system

now and my waith stop at 13 kilos dry.....im going to fly her for the first time with this engine in the next days

and i would like to know from owners with same set up what is your minimum level flite engines rpms on an f-15 with the p-120

and how many rpms you hold on touch down....

always aproxymatly this numbers so i can get an idea...

this info will help me to get ready better becose i think the sink rate will get bigger and i think i must drive more hot..

thank you in advanse for any info my friends

sorry for my bad english

Old 11-11-2006, 09:15 AM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: skymaster f-15 and p-120

You will have no problems with the P-120 on this plane... you will love it. Flying it at 60% throttle is typical... 100% is only used at takeoff or for vertical pushes. My landing procedure in this plane is no flaps and 1 or 2 gear inspection flybys over the landing strip to set the proper visual approach speed (about 50 % throttle), based on the current wind condition... Then reducing it to about 30% on the final ramp approach chopping the power just before the plane reaches the runway heading.Pull the nose of the plane up as much as you can at touchdown.. it won´t tip stall.

Just pay attention on the nose up angle of the plane.. if the nose gets up too high on the landing approach you will need a lot of power.. the plane has lot´s of drag in this condition.

Good luck with it,

Enrique
Old 11-11-2006, 12:47 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: skymaster f-15 and p-120

thanx Enrique [sm=thumbup.gif]

thats all i liked to know just for the first ride [8D]

over + out