Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet Hanger A7 help

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet Hanger A7 help

Old 02-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Bucshot
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Hanger A7 help

I'm in the process of assembling a Jet Hanger A-7 and I need some help from anyone who has finished putting one of these jets together. I purchased the scale retracts and I can't seem to figure out how the nose wheel strut is supposed to attach to the retract unit steering arm. I can come up with several ways to secure the strut to the retract but all would just allow the nose wheel to swivel. There just doesn't seem to be a way to lock the steering arm in place? I've sent an email off to Larry but I have not had a response. I would appreciate any reply from anyone who has assembled the A7 with scale retracts. Also, it appears the strut is too long and it looks like the nose wheel tires will hit the rear of the wheel well on the way inside the fuselage. HELP!

Thanks

B
Old 02-20-2007, 11:49 AM
Jet20
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet Hanger A7 help

B,

I've sent a pm. If you are using our retract unit, you will need to epoxy a piece of 5/32" wire into the strut interface into the nose retract unit. You can shorten the extension length of the strut by adding a piece 1/64"-1/32" ply in the knuckle "stop."

Chris