Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

A BIG HEADS UP TO YOU JET JOCKS**AEROLOFT DESIGN**

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

A BIG HEADS UP TO YOU JET JOCKS**AEROLOFT DESIGN**

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:07 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A BIG HEADS UP TO YOU JET JOCKS**AEROLOFT DESIGN**

I have a BIG heads up for everyone in this forum.

As many of you know I have the tendency to get a lot of jets, fly them, buy them, flip them, crash them,etc.. Well, in the 8 years that I've been majorly involved in Jets, I would have to say that Cindy or Aeroloft Design has done every single one of my birds and this time I have to say that I'm done. This is the e-mail that I sent to her with NO RESPONSE or regard whatsoever. This e-mail will explain it all. You guys can either blow this off or take it to the bank.

Cindy,

I'm a very upfront business man and I have to express my sincere disappointment, and frankly my extreme surprise in your customer service (or lack thereof).
I would like to cancel the F-4 job I had in line for you to complete for me. The cancellation is a result of the recent A4 job you did which is a total disaster.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you sent me F15 markings when I requested A4. PERIOD. Did you think I wouldn't notice that you sent me the wrong markings for the wrong jet? Any customer in their right mind would return this to you and ask you to make it right. You however, decide to take a deep breath and argue size with me, as if this was my error. Is it not your responsibility to know your product? What does size matter when what you sent me is clearly for the wrong jet?

Cindy, I too am a business owner and I can't imagine treating my customers this way. I would not be in business. My referrals and word-of-mouth advertising far out produces all of the advertising dollars I spend. I could never fathom blowing off a customer in the manner that you and your husband did today. Especially a customer who has referred a great deal of business to my company.

When my clients are unhappy, I do everything in my power to address their concerns in a professional manner. The size of your business becomes very apparent when your customer service is this poor.

I express this to you with great disappointment as I thought we had an excellent business relationship. I think it's fair to say that I have been a good and very loyal customer. I have referred your company to a multitude of other modelers over the years.

Bottom line - it was inappropriate for you to have charged me (plus shipping) for your mistake. (Especially when you did not have to make the blue chevron.) I also incurred expense to return the incorrect items to you.
I now have a painter doing hand work on this jet to get it up-to speed. Your mistake has cost me time and money. It has been made very clear to me that you do not care.

Wrong size.....wrong measurements........no matter. I will go else where to get what I need for this project and all future projects.

This is not about $80 bucks you charged. Or the extra shipping. Or the time and money wasted. It's the principal of the matter.

In the long run, the loss of my business and my referrals will cost you a lot more.

John Hernandez

Jerry Caudle just picked up a good 8 to 10 customers in South Florida. Frank Tiano always told me ** Son, you get what you pay for**
Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: **AEROLOFT DESIGN** Terrible service, experience, etc...

Pro-Mark ALL THE WAY!!!! Jerry and his son have NEVER let me down!!!

Kevin
Old 02-20-2007, 06:57 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: **AEROLOFT DESIGN** Terrible service, experience, etc...

PRO MARK.........
Does it RIGHT the First time and EVERY TIME
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 02-20-2007, 07:21 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: A BIG HEADS UP TO YOU JET JOCKS**AEROLOFT DESIGN**

*hit Johnny!

I've only dealt with them once and it was OK. They are then only ones that carry the markings I use so when I read this it really makes me mad that they treat customers like that.
On one side they suck and on the other Pro-mark is too epxensive. Decisions, decisions.....

I have been using these guys too: www.badbradgraphics.com
The Jetcat, BVM, Pearl Jam and Bandit Logo's stencils were custom made for me, $35 with spares.

Sorry they screwed you Johnny. I think you are not the first one.

David
Old 02-20-2007, 08:34 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Why not go to Ralf at Tailor Made Decals... Some of the best product I have ever used and customer service is beyond top notch!!
Todd
Old 02-20-2007, 08:49 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Johnny - given that she charged you for her mistake (just like she tried to do with me last year) ... did you use a credit card ? Since she got my order about half right and refused to correct her mistakes unless I paid her a bunch more money, I simply called up my credit card company and disputed half the amount that she had originally charged me. I hate doing chargebacks, but in what is apparently typical Cindy fashion she was very abusive towards me, and so she left me no choice. I received a conditional refund from Visa immediately, and then received confirmation afterwards that the dispute had been fully settled in my favor.

If I was to tell you everything that was wrong with my order, and all the crap she tried to pull on me, it would take me ages to type in.

Only after I had the problems with her and I mentioned this at the local club field, did I hear all of the feedback from others who had done business with her ; decals missing, or the wrong size, or the wrong color (including a supposed "Miss Marilyn" image that had black hair instead of blonde ! ;-) etc., etc... and every single one of these errors was abusively blamed on the customer. I was amazed that I had not heard all of this before I entrusted by project to her ; companies like that deserve to be "outed" so that other modellers have a chance to avoid being screwed as you, I, and countless others already have been. Suffice it to say that I now go out of my way to let as many people as possible know what she is truly like. I suggest you do the same.

The sad thing is that I found her product to be pretty good - it's just her customer dis-service and P-poor attitude that shoots her down.

Gordon
Old 02-20-2007, 10:28 PM
THEREALMATRIX

I ordered some transfers for an F15 but got marking for an F16 that looked the same. I contacted her, sent the transfers back and she made new ones without charge, no problem. People make mistakes.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:38 PM
David Gladwin

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

I'll second that Todd. I have used Pro-Mark rub-ons with total success and Tailor Made for my Mig 29 and Hawks, every bit as good, but in waterslide format.

regards,

David Gladwin.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:40 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

John,

The solution to you problem is simple....

Sell the A4 and buy a F15

bob
Old 02-21-2007, 05:18 AM
Richard-RCU
My Feedback: (21)

John, I feel your pain. We ordered 2 sets of dry transfers from Cindy last year (1 for Blue Angles, 1 for Royal Maces F-18) and they were totally impossible to install. Apparently defective adhesive on the back of the transfer was the problem. I e-mailed her and sent them back (USPS Priority Mail)asking her to redo them. No response for over 4 weeks. I called and discussed it with her...her answer was she never received the returns....she said they must have been lost in the mail. Lo and behold, 3 days later the package came back (USPS) marked up as "return to sender". I re-sent the very same package back to her again and finally got an answer from her a week or so later. Seems like I waited to long to complain (imagine that) and she wasn't willing to do anything about it. She was so damn rude I wanted to jump thru the phone and go postal on her. Absolutley refused to do anything about it so I went to Jerry at Pro Mark and a week later we had the transfers, which are now installed and are great looking. His quality is outstanding and so is his customer relations. I did make one promise to Cindy and that is I will re-tell this story any time anyone has a question about dry transfers.[>:]

Richard
Old 02-21-2007, 09:23 AM
Mach1
My Feedback: (5)

I have to agree with Todd and David...Ralf from TailorMade does superb work. Always very responsive, Extreme customer service, plus great decal sets.
Truly a great experience.

Warren G. Hunter
Huntsville, AL
Old 02-21-2007, 04:26 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned

ORIGINAL: THEREALMATRIX
. People make mistakes.
I agree with you 100% Matrix, we are all human and believe me man there's nothing wrong with making mistakes as we all make them *BUT* I'm sure if I ordered a set of gear from you and you sent me the wrong ones you wouldn't dare to get pissed off at me or your customers and on top of that charge me for your mistakes. Nothing wrong with saying it's OK mr customer please send them back to me and lets try to make it right. I mean do you think I'm asking too much by getting what I'm paying for?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

I once dealt their jets through Discount Hobby Warehouse when I was manager there. Their service was pretty terrible then. I had to explain that my customers would show up every day to find out where their jet was because she kept telling me it would be there the next day. One of the times this happened, I made a point to ask first whether or not a particular item was in stock and ready to ship. After being assured it was, I called back weeks later to find out what had happened. I was told that the post office wouldn't pick up the item. When I asked her to take it to the post office or call UPS, she told me that she couldn't because of the Martin Luther King holiday.

Needless to say, I haven't used them since.....
Old 02-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Adil Nasim
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: YellowAircraft

It wasn't until a few months later, at Arizona Jets, that she met me in person and realized that I was Black. She looked like she had just swallowed a bug

WHATTTT ?? YOU ARE BL*** ????
Old 02-21-2007, 09:06 PM
THEREALMATRIX

ORIGINAL: Jetflyer 24

ORIGINAL: THEREALMATRIX
. People make mistakes.
I agree with you 100% Matrix, we are all human and believe me man there's nothing wrong with making mistakes as we all make them *BUT* I'm sure if I ordered a set of gear from you and you sent me the wrong ones you wouldn't dare to get pissed off at me or your customers and on top of that charge me for your mistakes. Nothing wrong with saying it's OK mr customer please send them back to me and lets try to make it right. I mean do you think I'm asking too much by getting what I'm paying for?
No I dont think your asking too much to get proper service and by the look of this thread your not alone.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:08 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Dissapointing. Usually we have real folks we deal with on the supplier side that love the hobby and love their trade.

I've bought decals from Ralle twice now (Tailormadedecals.com) The first time I had a custom order (is there anything else) and the tail codes were made in the wrong size. Ralle had a new set out to me almost instantly from Germany, and even made the effort to make sure they were right. I was very impressed. By the way, the quality was good too. But what I really remember was how he handled a minor miscommunication - it went from a "goof" to the positive experience that I remember based strictly on his customer service. Frankly I don't know who's "fault" it was, the focus was on making the order right.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:54 AM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

I had problems too---Here's what you do---Bypass Cindy!!! I had ordered a new wood pack for their Avonds/Aeroloft F-15 to repair a buddies F-15 that was involved in a hard landing...The laser cut pack was sent to me but NOTHING would fit. The interlocking pieces were like pieces from different puzzles. I called Aeroloft and was told by Cindy that they were correct and that I must be doing something incorrectly...After getting NO WHERE with her I called back to talk to MR. AEROLOFT himself. (I can't remember his name) After explaining what I was going through it was determined that I received pieces of wood that were from the old and new designs of the wood pack...I really DID receive pieces from two different puzzles!!! The order was made right and both my friend and I were satisfied...

BYPASS CINDY!!!...But I do use Pro-Mark now for all of my transfers due to others having problems with Aeroloft..

Kevin
Old 02-22-2007, 11:12 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Cindy runs the decal part, you can`t bypass her.

V..
Old 02-22-2007, 12:16 PM
BlackCloud
My Feedback: (12)

Sounds like too much effort to avoid a certain person at a certain company if thats possible
............thanks for the posts, since their have been so many problems listed I will heed the advice.
Enough aggravation in life, I don't need to pay for it.[:'(]
BC
Old 02-24-2007, 02:55 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Just got mine back, and they were GREAT!!! Hope you get your issues with them resolved. At the moment I couldn't be happier.

The General
Old 02-24-2007, 05:55 PM
luckyb001
My Feedback: (8)

What a disapointing thread I have used Cindi @ Aeroloft on at least a dozen jobs (jets and scale warbirds) and Cindi has always done her best to make the graphics perfect. I have also used Promark and had equally great service from both. She has made me custom transfers adding a pilot name or making the graphics from a sheet of paper that I sent her on the fax. I do not have knowledge of other modelers experiences but I will say that if you have never used Cindi to make your graphics give her a shot and you may be surprised. Mike
Old 02-24-2007, 07:56 PM
McclureMitch
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: luckyb001

What a disapointing thread I have used Cindi @ Aeroloft on at least a dozen jobs (jets and scale warbirds) and Cindi has always done her best to make the graphics perfect. I have also used Promark and had equally great service from both. She has made me custom transfers adding a pilot name or making the graphics from a sheet of paper that I sent her on the fax. I do not have knowledge of other modelers experiences but I will say that if you have never used Cindi to make your graphics give her a shot and you may be surprised. Mike

Thanks for the heads up Johnny, you just saved me and Kirk P. $300.00 each . We owe you dinner.

See you guys in 4 days.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:24 PM
Scott Douglas

I tried e-mailing Cindy for information (and some pictures) of some graphics I was thinking of buying. The two-line poor "I cant be bothered" type response I got convinced me my money was better spent elsewhere.

Jerry...thank you for your time and trouble

Thanks
Scott
Old 02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

ORIGINAL: luckyb001

I did give her a shot ... and like you said, I was definitely surprised !

Just not in a good way.

Gordon

Old 02-25-2007, 08:36 PM
JetflyerJ
Banned

Exactly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.