Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Spiderjets USA distributor?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Spiderjets USA distributor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 06:03 PM
KXH121
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spiderjets USA distributor?

Hi, quick question......Is there a U.S. distributor for the Spiderjets F-16? If not, can someone email me the price for a F16 with retracts and gear if bought directly from Belgium (I am aware of currency exchange)? Thanks in advance. Ken H
Old 02-18-2002, 06:46 PM
ghost_rider

Ken

Nicolas aka Mr Spiderjets lurks here. He will be able to give you that information.

BTW, good choice!!
Old 02-18-2002, 09:24 PM
cairoman

Ken,

I believe a direct contact with Nicolas is your best choice. He's a fantastic person to deal with and his SJ16 is super, no kidding. I know because I've got one. The kit is COMPLETE, nothing missing and evrything is thought out for you. Superb step by step instructions and all parts fit exactly (the few ones that you have to glue in.

His website is: www.spiderjets.be

Regards,

Chris
Old 02-18-2002, 09:52 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Spiderjets

Nicolas might be on his way to FJ?? I saw some chatter about a composite wing(s) for the SJ F-16, does anyone know more about this new feature??

Thanks,
Vin...
Old 02-18-2002, 10:28 PM
G.Szetlak

If your interested I have a SJ16 that I would like to sell. I paid approx 2100 plus shipping with the gear.
Gary Szetlak
Old 02-18-2002, 11:47 PM
KXH121

Thanks Ben, Chris, and Vin for info. Ben, how's the roo holding up? Saw it fly in Ohio. Too bad you wont be in FL. A bunch of my buddies were training in and around Lagos back in December, they loved it. Also I have sent an email to last replier.
Old 02-19-2002, 12:27 AM
SANTONOMOS
My Feedback: (6)

Vincent Its my understanding that the finish on them aren't very pretty but Nicolas is sorting that out. I think he's trying the carbon flying surfaces due to some interest from fellow jet jocks regarding fully composite flying surfaces vs Balsa sheeted wings.

Ken the SJ16 is about the most complete kit on the market as mentioned it is well thought out And Nicolas is great because he is always open to suggestion to better the jet. everything you get is top shelf I know I have one also see all of you at F.J.
Old 02-19-2002, 01:06 AM
ghost_rider

KXH121

The Roo is holding up good (more than 500 flights and counting)

The deal Gary gave you is good. I know him, and he is a complete gentleman. Do not be afraid to do business with him.
Old 02-19-2002, 01:10 AM
Vincent

Default SJ F-16

I believe Nicolas has made a change in the wing spars and is offering a new fuel tank arrangment for bigger onboard capacity??

Can anyone comment on this.

Thanks,
Vin...
Old 02-19-2002, 02:28 AM
F15driver
My Feedback: (24)

Default SJ F-16

Vin,
You're correct in that Nicolas has increased the fuel capacity to 100 ounces with the addition of two 24 ounce tanks placed either side of the nose gear servo which is not too far forward of the CG. He has also come out with a lightweight but strong stainless main wing spar set which should hold up very nicely in high G turns. My SJ 16 is about half done and you're right in that the kit is extremely complete and well thought out. I just wish I had more evenings to put to the assembly of it. I'll be putting a Ram 750+ in it with 100 oz. of fuel so should get a good 8+ minutes of flight time.
Regards,
Rob
Old 02-19-2002, 02:37 AM
booker-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

Vincent,
You are right on both counts. Nicolas is now producing stainless steel spars and has brought the fuel capacity up to 100oz by adding two 16 oz tanks under the inlet ducting. This is an excellent kit and the finish on the fiberglass is top quality. Factory support is excellent.
Here is a picture of mine. I'm almost ready for primer.
Galen
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3338_425.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	2927  
Old 02-19-2002, 01:31 PM
Vincent

Default F-16

Guys, thanks for the info.

So how many tanks are manifolded together for the 100oz fuel supply?? Also I believe the nose retrac is now an Air Magic unit.

Vin...
Old 02-19-2002, 02:18 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Does anyone know what the "GO Fly price" with gear etc... is? Also does the airplane use just tailerons, or does it have ailerons?

David Reid
Old 02-19-2002, 02:43 PM
cairoman

Only tailerons, mounted on dual needle bearings. Glennis make a set of wheels/brakes for the SJ16. Mine cost me $2500 incl. the Wingo gyro, gear doors, BVM wheels/brakes, Air Magic retracts, Robostruts, all fuel tanks and associated plumbing and shipping from Belgium to Cyprus.

Chris
Old 02-19-2002, 03:08 PM
SpiderJets

Sorry guys... just a quick note this time.... have to catch a plane !

"Go fly price" is now approx. 2100 US$, shipping included to the nearest international airport near you. For the US, there are NO additional taxes to be paid by you, only an administrational fee to the customs officer ranging between 9 and 62 US$.

We only serve the US on direct.

The kit is extremely complete, you only need turbine, radio and wheels & brakes (Glennis Aircraft have a special SJ-16 set, very nice and scale).

Most bulkheads are pre-installed, prepared for you very choice of turbine, and with metal servo arms of your choice for Futaba or JR servos for the stabs.

Every single kit has the name of the owner engraved in the bulkheads. I'll attach a photo of Rich Fong's kit which is ready to leave here, just to give you an impression of the kit quality and prefab level. The latest lkits have even the main retracts installed for you. The kit is so well engineered that we do not even supply a 1:1 plan anymore but took the challenge to include only a 60 pages instruction manual, taking you step by step through all the joys of construction. About 300 photos to guide you through it, and if you still feel unsure about something, just ask by e-mail and I will reply the same day with text and pics. We also use all comments of the pilots to improve the kit all the time. I am not God, I am a pilot in the first place who loves this hobby just like all of you, and I am known to be very reactive to all inputs.

We shipped last year almost 100 kits. Not too bad for a new company with only one (but superb !) kit.

No composite wings yet as sugegsted in this thread, my new demo SJ-16 has the same set as all others but I used carbon fibre weave instead of fiberglass to cover them, for top strength as I plan to fly it one day with a JetCat P160. Just tested a run with that motor (was a mere swap of five minutes as all dimensions are the same) and the whole ducting is perfect for even this motor. However, a P160 is complete overkill for this plane, it is perfect with a Mercury and a P120 or Ram 1000 gives it that additional afterburner feel. All kits have not laser cut stainless steel wing spars for such kicks.

Ask the owners what they think about the SJ-16, come and see yourself at FJ how it flies, and judge the innovative SpiderJets concepts...

More new things are under its' way but I am swamped with orders.

Delivery time is now between 2 and 4 weeks.

See you all at FJ !

Nicolas.

Name:	3370_977.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	2928  
Old 02-19-2002, 03:18 PM
SpiderJets

Sorry for the fast typing...

It should be : "All kits have now laser cut stainless steel wing spars..." instead of "...have not..."
A major difference in meaning !

And yes, standard the kit comes with 72 oz of fuel capacity but you can increase this to a capacity of 100 oz if you have a thirsty turbine, by adding two tanks (available from us as a low cost set).

Christos, where are you, you promised to row my canoe to Florida but now I have to take a plane. Bah. I would have enjoyed the sea trip much more while listening to your old mediterrenean sailor songs !

Nicolas.
Old 02-19-2002, 03:24 PM
SpiderJets

And this is how the internals should look after a couple of lazy weekends.
Everything extremely accessible, transparant,... under ONE SINGLE ROTATING HATCH !!!

Nicolas.

Name:	3372_977.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	2929  
Old 02-19-2002, 03:30 PM
SpiderJets

We also have a very special combo deal : the complete kit plus a JetCat P120 for approx. 4650 US$.
Full JetCat USA support, service & warranty. A highly recommended winning combination and top seller !

PS. We are succesfull dealers for both JC Germany and JC USA, so the same offer is available for non-USA customers with support from Europe. Contact us by e-mail for more information...

Shortly coming : full kit review in RCJI !

Nicolas Goddeeris,
SpiderJets.
Old 02-19-2002, 07:20 PM
cairoman

I'm rowing, I'm rowing....I have to make it to the Belgian coast first Nico.....hehehe

Chris
Old 02-19-2002, 10:38 PM
booker-RCU
My Feedback: (43)

Vincent,
I have the Air Magic mains and nose gear retracts in mine. They are of excellent quality. Here is a diagram of the fuel system.
Galen

Name:	3396_425.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	10.8 KB
ID:	2930  
Old 02-19-2002, 11:26 PM
Vincent

Default f-16 Fuel tanks

Galen,

Thanks for the pic. Its a plumbing masterpiece. I bet even the original 72oz capacity will give you 6-7mins with the P-120 power.

Vin...
Old 02-20-2002, 01:32 AM
KXH121

Default SJ F-16

Thanks for the input guys...the engineering and layout of this jet looks oustanding, last question- Hows the handling and flight characteristics of this jet, especially at low speeds? My mind is 90% made up. BTW I have had one of those electronic proportional brake vavles in my maverick for 3 years and it still works great. Ken H
Old 02-20-2002, 03:08 AM
ishu4u
My Feedback: (9)

i'll take a comb with turbine, put me on the list. email following up on this in your box.
thanks in advance
joe
Old 02-20-2002, 03:26 PM
ghost_rider

KXH121

[COLOR=red]>>Hows the handling and flight characteristics of this jet, especially at low speeds?