Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Micro Burst?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Micro Burst?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 08:41 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Micro Burst?

Well, this past Sunday started out to be a really nice day. We had two shade tents set up several tables with jets on them other airplanes on the pavement. The winds were reported to be "mild and variable" it was really calm and hot so neither of us tied down our shade tents. Big mistake.

In a matter of about 10 seconds both jets were blown off the tables the tents were in knots and a trailer, still hitched btw, almost blown over! It was a complete DISAsTer! Two grown men were holding down one of the tents with all of their might. This all happened in about 10 seconds and then it was all over- back to hot and stuffy. The other planes on the ground were blown in the tall grass nearby. I found my sunglasses in the weeds next to them.

Needless to say no one felt good about flying after that.

Word for the wise? I don't know, other than stake down those tents and put the jets on the ground when you are not working on them.

ps - it was just a bad day. I decided to stay behind and get a few flights out - a swarm of bees decided to cross the runway through me and I almost crashed. That was the final straw for that day.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 AM
swansons
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Micro Burst?

Andy,
Where were you guys flying?? It wasn't that bad here.

Don't forget the fly-in at Marshall airport on the 19th. It should be a lot of fun, and it's free.

John Swanson
Old 04-30-2007, 12:21 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Micro Burst?

John - we were at Malvern. Can't make May 19th. I will be in Chicago for a business meeting that weekend. My new Boomerang XL came in this morning. It is the Thunderbird theme. I should have it ready in a few weeks.