Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Composite ARF Kangaroo CG

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Composite ARF Kangaroo CG

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:57 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Composite ARF Kangaroo CG

Hello guys,

Im just finishing my Composite ARF Kangaroo (bought this plane second hand, and it has a fix in the nose section) and with my P-80 the plane was extremely nose heavy, so i moved both batteries (radio and ECU) to the ockets in the back, and this helped a bit, but to balance the plane i had to add about 350g lead in the tail behind the rudder servos.

So, in order to make sure (i know im just paranoid) - the manual calls for the plane to balance 95mm - 100mm forward of the wing joiner tube's front edge, which is about 1-2cm forward of the main landing gear struts.

Just to be on the safe side - is this CG measurement correct ? has anyone found a better point of CG ?

thanks for the help.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:26 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Composite ARF Kangaroo CG

ORIGINAL: i3dm

Hello guys,

Im just finishing my Composite ARF Kangaroo (bought this plane second hand, and it has a fix in the nose section) and with my P-80 the plane was extremely nose heavy, so i moved both batteries (radio and ECU) to the ockets in the back, and this helped a bit, but to balance the plane i had to add about 350g lead in the tail behind the rudder servos.

So, in order to make sure (i know im just paranoid) - the manual calls for the plane to balance 95mm - 100mm forward of the wing joiner tube's front edge, which is about 1-2cm forward of the main landing gear struts.

Just to be on the safe side - is this CG measurement correct ? has anyone found a better point of CG ?

thanks for the help.
it is fine

just measure with tank empty
and hoppertank full (if any)

these delta,s are forgiving on a not so perfect CG
just dont make it to slow it will back flip and you need some sweat to break out of it :-)

Old 04-30-2007, 04:02 PM
ColinW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I balanced my Kangaroo at the position given in the instructions - which, from memory, is just in front of the joiner tube. In this position it seemed very light on the nose wheel - but it flew fine. Hope this helps.
Colin
Old 05-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

100mm is spot on.

Don't release the elevator too quickly on takeoff, you can hold full up in during the TO and slowly release it in the climb out

regards

Dave Wilshere
Old 05-01-2007, 07:49 AM
i3dm

Thanks guys,

So is it fine that the nose gear is very light, and if i tilt the plane back on the booms, it stays on the booms ?
Old 05-01-2007, 10:18 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: i3dm

Thanks guys,

So is it fine that the nose gear is very light, and if i tilt the plane back on the booms, it stays on the booms ?
yes correct
as soon your turbine runs it will stand strait

dont be afraid full throttle -full elevator.

common mistake: dont let it go to soon after taking off , it could Bounce down again.
Old 05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
i3dm

full elevator full throttle, doesnt that risk the plane to stall on take off ?

Also, are the emasurements of the control rates on the manual indeed good or do you guys have better numbers ?
Old 05-01-2007, 04:53 PM
erbroens

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

ops, sorry to chime in.

no, if the Kangaroo has the standard turbine mount... you can´t overrotate it at take off. But if my memory doesn´t fail me your Roo has a lowered engine mount, so your airplane will rotate easier at takeoff and you will not need to hold full elevator at this moment.. (nor it is recommended)

Enrique
Old 05-01-2007, 04:56 PM
i3dm

Yes my mount is definitely lower than the original.