Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 JetLegend Tutor : some news ? >

JetLegend Tutor : some news ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetLegend Tutor : some news ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 04:43 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default JetLegend Tutor : some news ?

Hello,

Does anybody have some news about JL Tutor ?

Stephane
Old 05-19-2007, 10:07 PM
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: JetLegend Tutor : some news ?

Stephane,

I would also have a great interest in this jet. Being a Canuck, I'd love to do one up as a Snowbird. They do a great air show performance. It is a patriotic, Canadian, kind of thing. Only in Canada does a military still fly 40+ year old planes with such skill and cleverness. It is amazing that they still fly at all.

If you hear anything, I'd be interested.

DW_Crash
Old 05-20-2007, 08:33 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why wait for some chinese kit when you can already buy the best Tutor in the world .. it is Peter Mayer's kit manufactured by Roedel Modelbau in germany.... it's not too expensive .. it is 100 % scale and flys like a dream... I have had one for a year and there is another in CA ...... 105 inch span all composite , weight 52 pounds wet with 4,5 litres of fuel in two tanks,, smoke as well full cockpit and pilot available here are some pix.... jetwelt .de is the website.........Malcolm kay...........................can't get the pix to load.....
Old 05-20-2007, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why wait for some chinese kit when you can already buy the best Tutor in the world
Maybe because it looks about as practical as trying to park a 747 in your garden. At least the Jetwelt JP fuselage breaks down for transit (unlike the Tutor).

The Jetlegend Tutor looks a lot more of an 'every day' model and I am also interested in any more news when it becomes available.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:27 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I just CNC'ed a plug for a Gentleman and I think he is going to kit it when he is done. I don't want to give his name since I'm not sure what he is going to do, but it will be a very neat plane. Butch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69684.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	687897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62669.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	687898   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57186.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	687899  
Old 05-20-2007, 01:19 PM
My Feedback: (2)

What about Yellow Aircraft? They have bought at least two, maybe three plugs and molds for the CT-114 from different people, but never marketed it (at least not to my knowledge..)

Malcolm, your Tutor is very nice, but it is way too big for most of us - 72" span and around 20 lbs would be a nice size..........
Old 05-20-2007, 01:22 PM

Wayne22,

I agree, About a 20lb plane would be perfect. Big enough to fly well and small enough to store and transport. Jet Legend seemed to have a plane about the right size, according to the info they had on the website.

The other was the Skymaster Harrier. Did it ever get into production?

DW_Crash
Old 05-21-2007, 07:42 AM
My Feedback: (11)

actually the jetwelt Tutor is not to bad for transport the T tail comes off with two bolts and of course it is plug in wings, so really what you are left with is just a long fuselarge which is no proble in an suv,, but i do understand the problem that most guys have whose hobby is dictated by the size of their car. anyway itis a great aircraft and will be agreat flyer whoever makes them.......MK
Old 05-21-2007, 09:33 AM

I´ve seen the Jetwelt one fly two weeks ago. That plane flies absolutly cool. But is a really big one. Has a quality gear......

reg Martin

P.S:Why does Yellow Aircraft buy so much plugs and does not come to market...?! Harrier and CF100 also!? No attack, but I cant believe it.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:36 AM

MaHo,

Forgot about that!!! Yellow bought the Harrier design from the fellow in Ontario, Canada. It was written up in the MAAC magazine here in Canada. The guy did a lot of engineering to get the ducted fan setup so the plane would hover and transition to level flight. I imagine it was cancelled due to the ducted fan part. The design came just when turbines became available etc. So, I guess it would make selling a duscted fan Harrier a tough sell. I would guess a turbine version would be a nightmare to engineer....

DW_Crash
Old 05-21-2007, 05:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Malcolm Kay

why wait for some chinese kit when you can already buy the best Tutor in the world .. it is Peter Mayer's kit manufactured by Roedel Modelbau in germany
The problem with Jetwelt kits is that they are KIT's of the old fashion European type which is a lot of work and come with a manual that really is nothing more than a CD with some pics of another build and maybe som text that says: "build wings, build tail, install gear, radio and servo"

A friend of mine has pulled some of his hair out during his build of a Jetwelt F-104. Once finnished, it will be awesome, though.

Mayer makes some great planes. Just a shame that they are not ARF'ed like SM and C-ARF, so peolple like me could have one...[&o]
Old 05-29-2007, 02:03 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,

2 mails without answer from JetLegend..

I ask again : does anybody have some news about JL Tutor ?

Best regards.

Stephane
Old 05-29-2007, 02:30 AM
My Feedback: (69)

ORIGINAL: Aquilon

Hello,

2 mails without answer from JetLegend..

I ask again : does anybody have some news about JL Tutor ?

Best regards.

Stephane
I was told last year, by JetLegend, they were having technical difficulties with the Tutor. I would not expect to see it in the near future of this year at least.

Dave