Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

PST F9F

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

PST F9F

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PST F9F

What can you tell me about this plane? Love the look of the plane in the air. Dennis
Old 06-04-2007, 09:39 AM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: PST F9F

I can only tell you for now is that all my friends are impress with the quality of this one. I have the blue tail version. Mine is one of the first runs they sold. The gluing is very well done. The only tedious part in the build is installing the elevator servo and bleeding the hyd. brake valve. All the rest is normal construction. The panel lines and rivets are done in the factory and they really looks great. My kit arrives with some misaligment in the hinge hard points. And Kraviuth solve my problem very quikly, so customer service is an A+ for me. I haven't finish mine yet. Too much trainning to complete and to much work at job, plus I'm also assembly different kit for a friend. I'm very busy for now to finish my kitty. Check this link for more info. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_46...panther/tm.htm

Rgs
Alejandro
Old 06-04-2007, 12:26 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

I've flown one, and honestly, I would buy one today if I thought I could get it by the War Dept.....
Old 06-04-2007, 12:50 PM
bob1393
My Feedback: (10)

Here is a link and you'll see some PST F9 Panther photos.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_59...tm.htm#5908992

There is another link on the above that will take you to a lot more photos.

I did the maiden on my F9 a week and a half ago and it flies great.

Bob
Old 06-04-2007, 06:25 PM
jkeze
My Feedback: (36)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Put two flights on this one on Memorial Day weekend. Flies great because it is an old style jet. Straight wings big rudder and stab. Flies like it on rails, equal or better than my Kingcat. With a P70 about 140-160 top speed but dont need it. Only wish the fuel tank was bigger
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89656.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	697659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19376.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	697660  
Old 06-04-2007, 07:27 PM
SeaLance
My Feedback: (11)

19th place in Top Gun 2007 Pro Am with it! Enjoy the Bird!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:05 PM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i just picked up 2 pst panthers today from the airport. the kit is stunning. in 30 minutes i had it sitting on the gear. there is almost no building required. i can get you all the pics you need. barry
Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

There was a detailed descripton of this excellent kit in RCJI last Autumn. It is exceptionaly well done, the landing gear and wheels, being works of art. Due to shortage of time I have not been able to complete the kit but it is being done for me in Melbourne and later this year we hope to have a build and fly article.

My personal experience of this kit is that it equals the excellence of the PST engines which have given, and continue to give, totally flawless service.

Regards,

David Gladwin.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:28 AM
GoeKeli
My Feedback: (18)

Jkeze,
did you use the recommended throws? I have the all silver and could be ready to maiden end of the week or next. It really is a beautiful kit. I'll be using my wren supersport on it. Dean Wichman has given excellent support and help, anyone interested in this plane must see one in person, it is great. I could imagine a mig15 and couger in this size from PST as well. THey have an F84-G coming that looks incredible as well. The panter sure is a solid bird. Your review saying equal or better than the king kat is intriguing. !~)>

joe

ORIGINAL: jkeze

Put two flights on this one on Memorial Day weekend. Flies great because it is an old style jet. Straight wings big rudder and stab. Flies like it on rails, equal or better than my Kingcat. With a P70 about 140-160 top speed but dont need it. Only wish the fuel tank was bigger
Old 06-05-2007, 12:55 AM
jkeze

Goekeli:
I used the higher throws and after the first flight threw out the lower rates. Had about 20% expo on the elevator but found 25-30 is better. Use the CG shown on the plans also.

Jack
Old 06-05-2007, 01:25 AM
GoeKeli

Thanks Jack,
that helps! How much lead did you need in the nose? I have a fromeco 4800 strapped to the battery mount up front already. The manual says 3.75" from leading edge. I found it difficult to get good mechanical advantage with the flap servos. Used 8611s for strength. The control horn could have been much taller for better advantage IMO. What servo did you use for flaps? Are you using the recommended throws for flaps? 45 degrees looks like a LOT of flap on this plane. Any pitch changes?

Joe

ORIGINAL: jkeze

Goekeli:
I used the higher throws and after the first flight threw out the lower rates. Had about 20% expo on the elevator but found 25-30 is better. Use the CG shown on the plans also.

Jack
Old 06-05-2007, 02:41 AM
jkeze

I used Hitec 645's for the flaps. I saw there was going to be a problem with the horns for the flaps so I reversed them so that the attachment point for the linkis aboujt half inch or so behind the hinge point. It took a lot of lead up front, mayube like 20 oz. THe 1250 Nicad for the turbine is in the nose and the 6V/2400 Micad for the radio is just behine that former. THe flap throw is about 45degrees more of less. I give it the looks about right kind of thing for them. It took one click of up elevator when I dropped the falps in flight. I use lower flap setting for takeoff and it comes off the ground very smooth. Hooking up the elevatgor servo and installing it is quite a challenge too. Would have been better with 2 mounted in the stabs hanging out the bottom I think now
Old 06-05-2007, 04:21 AM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

<Hooking up the elevatgor servo and installing it is quite a challenge too. Would have been better with 2 mounted in the stabs hanging out the bottom I think now >

Yeah but it would not have looked as good...........
Old 06-05-2007, 08:55 PM
Wayne22

Hey Joe !! I flew Deans Panther....He has a P-70 in it now, but doesn't really need it. It flies really nice at half throttle and will even loop from level flight at that setting...with tons of spare power available if you need it........

Old 06-06-2007, 07:59 PM
B777

Our Blue Tail Fly Panther placed 7th in ProAm and the F-84G placed 13th in Team Scale at Top Gun 2007. Lots of fun and we will be there again in 2008.

Panthers are available in all Silver, all Blue, Blue Tail, and, latest, Blue/Yellow tail/wing.

Cheers, Kraivuth S.

Name:	Ol31374.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	698976  
Old 06-15-2007, 03:32 PM
JustABigKid
My Feedback: (3)

I'm new to jets - just finished my Baby Boomerang. Can someone comment on how the PST Panther flys? Would it make a good second jet project? Mainly, how's the landing speed?
Old 06-15-2007, 08:32 PM
GoeKeli

My panther has 7 flights on it now. Very impressive in the air. Power is the wren supersport and is more than enough for scale and then some. Big thanks to Dean 'the machine' Wichman and Kraivuth S. at PST, and all my homies at the basin. This is a very very nice plane and a great value.
I'll fly some more then pull the engine and put it back in my everyday flyer cermark F16, and get to painting and finishing the PST panther. Full flaps were a real handful in crosswinds yesterday and rudder was not as effective as I would like it to be for adverse conditions. Today wind was right down the chute and full flaps were only dropped on final, carried power all the way to TD. The sound this plane makes is incredible and low passes out of another era. Very happy= Good times!~).

Joe Kelley
Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Wayne22

See...I told you a bit different than the 16, though, ain't it?

Old 06-16-2007, 12:35 AM
GoeKeli

You were right Wayne, very much more docile and scale. I'd like to try Dean's with the p-70. Must be a monster! With the flaps down I could imagine a P80 size engine just to keep more power into it, I don't have dive breaks or inner flaps and could imagine needing more power if those were active with the main flaps. Dirty bird!
I will make the nose doors function and the outer mains fastened to the struts, but main wheels go into cut outs in the inner doors. Can't wait to see it in paint and decals. Fun plane. Might add 24oz or so. Could only get about 7 minutes of flying hard. 10 minutes would be preferable for me.
Wish there was a cougar in this size too!~). ok, and F100 too, etc etc etc.

Joe !~)

ORIGINAL: Wayne22

See...I told you a bit different than the 16, though, ain't it?

Old 06-16-2007, 09:01 AM
Nikki Ko

Hey !! Joe. Congratulations! You made it.
Please let me know when you are flying Panther at basin.
I want to see that beauty flying.

Wow
NIKK.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Helijet

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi Guys!

After having flown my own PST Panther for that last year I now understand why guys who have flown Panther models in the past were so passionate about the bird. Rather than go into a bunch of detail here, I can honestly say that the Panther is one of the sweetest / easiest scale jets I have ever flown ( and I have flown a lot of different turbine powered ones in the past 10 years ). It flys very scale like and will land very slowly. I am now approaching 40 flights on my BlueTail. Last year and through the spring I flew the demo bird on the PST J600R. 13 - 14 lb turbines allow for a very scale effect - which means good speed, nice large loops and reserve for some vertical. We have sold about 25 kits here in North America with about half being built by modelers that wish to put in a little more power. Several birds that we have custom built for customers were to be powered by the P70 so Tam was contacted and custom P70 pipes were made. We have had the opportunity to test these models with P70 power and I am happy to report that the PST Panther / P70 combination is very nice indeed. Of interest is that the Panther seems to have its own cruise speed limit probably due to its draggy profile. I have NOT noticed a major speed difference between 14 lbs vs 17lbs of thrust. Where there is a difference is a stronger takeoff run and climb and the vertical leg can be held longer. Flight times are a minute less but still very acceptable. There is planty of room on the aircraft for more fuel or for smoke. I really do not recommend any more power than the P70 for the Panther as you will only gain weight, use more fuel and the gains will not be all that noticeable ( keeping it scale ). Having said that, the fuse is large enough to fit most any powerplant and we are working on other pipe / engine combos.

Best Regards
Dean Wichmann
www.pstna.com
Old 06-16-2007, 12:41 PM
GoeKeli

Hi Nikk,
I should be out again today maybe around 2pm or so, for some more action. Come out and see it!

Hi Dean, I do know and have experimented with this dynamic wall, it is kind of like having a speed sensor limit top speed. In a dive it is about the same speed as a flat out. Pretty neat. !~), I'd love to check out the P70 version. Thanks again for all you've done!

Joe

ORIGINAL: skynv

Hey !! Joe. Congratulations! You made it.
Please let me know when you are flying Panther at basin.
I want to see that beauty flying.

Wow
NIKK.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Nikki Ko

Oh !! Man!!! I miss this chance to see your beauty again.........
My wife just called me to come home soon....... What a life....

Enjoy and have nice landing .....
Thanks for letting me know.

Have a nice weekend.... Hope that see you soon at basin.

Nikk
Old 06-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

We had a demo downtown today for father's day at Science Central in Fort Wayne. Showed off my PST F9-F Wren MW 54 SS powered Blue tail:

Name:	Fd90857.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	705325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zv67245.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	705326  
Old 06-16-2007, 11:39 PM
GoeKeli

Lookin good Terry! I got another 7 flights today. Some not so great landing with full flaps, I think I need to dial some out. Really fun jet to fly. I hope mine looks half as good as yours someday.

Nikk, see you soon. The engine comes out of my panther tomorrow and back the the f16 for everyday flying. After paint it will be back out for you to see. !~).

JOe

ORIGINAL: Terry Holston

We had a demo downtown today for father's day at Science Central in Fort Wayne. Showed off my PST F9-F Wren MW 54 SS powered Blue tail:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.