Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Am I doing this wrong?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Am I doing this wrong?

Old 06-04-2007, 01:14 PM
jeteffx
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I doing this wrong?

I've got a Wasp H 20, trying to figure out if I have the fuel and propane lines going where they ought to be going........looking at the engine head on, glow plug on top, (this is an auto start engine) the festo fitting at 12 o'clock would be the fuel or propane inlet, and the festo fitting at about the 4 o'clock position would be the propane or fuel inlet.....I did have the fuel line at the 12 o'clock position and got somewhat of a hung start, it would not ramp completely....so I switched them around and tried to start but ran out of powermax.....plus i might have a solenoid sticking.....anyway....got any suggestions.....thanks....Perry
Old 06-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Wayne22

Default RE: Am I doing this wrong?

if you are not sure, pull the cowl off (usually 4 screws) and see where the tubes go...on almost every turbine, the fuel line will have a "T" connector for the bearing lube line.........
Old 06-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Heatseeker_Hill

the gas festo is the one in line with the glow plug , pm me if your still having trouble as i know the wasp pretty well.
Old 06-05-2007, 06:45 PM
jeteffx

Heatseeker.....by gas you mean propane, not jet A........and to Wayne22, there is no "T" fitting....there must be a split of some source behind the diffuser.....Perry
Old 06-06-2007, 09:40 AM
Heatseeker_Hill

propane yes , as in propane gas and not gasoline . as i said if your stuck just pm me