Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Avro Arrow model ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Avro Arrow model ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Pegasus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Avro Arrow model ???

Are there any Avro Arrow models available? I seem to remember one 10 or 15 years ago is it still around?
Old 06-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Rbeav533

Default RE: Avro Arrow model ???

You're thinking of the ducted fan kit by Bob Parkinson. It looks like it still might be available.

Rich

[link=http://www.rcjets.com/ar-indx.htm]Parkinson Avro Arrow [/link]

Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 PM
rcpete347
My Feedback: (251)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HI, I have the Fhyber models CF-105 Avro Arrow, 1/12 scale ,Fiberglass
$1000.00 kit, not started, scale retracts, 2 boxs
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_34...tm.htm#3401935
Rcpete
Old 06-05-2007, 10:34 PM
dw_crash
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gents,

I'd love a real reasonably scale Avro Arrow. I have the Bob Parkinson one. It is a squint scale and designed as sport plane. It is powered by a Byron fan.

The Fhyber model is closer to scale. It is just fattened in the fuse to fit the fan. But, I seen one in Calgary built with the supplied wings and retracts. It doesn't fly. The retracts are too heavy and the wing is so thin, it makes no lift.

In MAAC magazine, a bunch of fellows in Ontario redesigned the Fhyber models kit. They made thicker wings and used standard, light gear. It fly great. I tried to get the mode from them. No luck. They didn't keep the plans.

There is a fellow in Ontario that make a 40 and 60 size set of pusher jet plans. I have copies of both. Nicely done. He has a website with flight video. They fly well in the videos.

If any wants to design a real model, I have the AVRO 3d drawings scanned into the computer. Scanover program can make a CAD file from the raster files. From there, one could design a great scale model for either fans or turbines. Any interest?

DW_Crash
Old 06-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Pegasus

Anyone have really good drawings or cad files they would like to part with, I would like to build a bigger model?
Old 06-06-2007, 09:24 PM
dw_crash
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pegasus,

I have a scanned copy of the Aerodynamic 3D drawings. It was scanned from an AVRO drawing. The most accurate ones you can get. It is a huge file. Too large to email. It would mean sending you a CD.

DW_Crash
Old 06-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Pegasus

PM sent
Old 06-07-2007, 03:59 AM
JET FX

Gday Ewald, whatever happened to your Harrier project?.... How large an Arrow do you have in mind, I would love a true scale version for myself but no time really for scratch building in forseeable future. I remember Doug Hyslip built a large D/F version for the Arrow movie a few years back, I wonder if he has any plans...?
http://www.actionhobby.ca/list.cfm?CID=13

I still have your CT-114 awaiting its turn for a dust off and engine upgrade, I reckon possibly the new Wren MW-44 gold might be a good match there.

Cheers-
Old 06-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Pegasus

Hey Marty
Good to hear from you, yeah the wren 44 would be perfect for the Tutor, I have been looking at the 44 for another project of mine, looks like a cool little engine. I will shoot Doug an email, it would be to get that than start from scratch, it looks really scale. If not I will build a ducted fan size glassed up foamy to test the aircraft out, if all works well I will make a larger one. I hear the take off speeds and landing speeds are a problem due to the thin wing. A new kind of flap has been developed here at work and this flap also works on delta wings so I will test this on the ducted fan model and go from there.
As far as the Harrier is concerned, I have a guy making some custom electronics up to make it more stable, we should be testing in a few weeks.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:25 AM
rcdriver22
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Rbeav533

You're thinking of the ducted fan kit by Bob Parkinson. It looks like it still might be available.

Rich

[link=http://www.rcjets.com/ar-indx.htm]Parkinson Avro Arrow [/link]

After visiting from the UK to both Toronto Aero Museums in April I ordered a kit from Bob in May through Paypal, then in July was told he was just back from holidays and it was being checked with the Post Office. After another month thats after waiting three months I've cancelled as its not what I call a service. It might have been a great project using a Wren44 and glassing with carbon fibres at the stress points. Still a great aeroplane so I'm looking for any other sources of kits.

Paul