Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

***PRO JECT ECU HELP!!!***

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

***PRO JECT ECU HELP!!!***

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:57 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***PRO JECT ECU HELP!!!***

Guys,

Some more help please!!!! I have a Behotec J66 using a ProJet ECU (version 5.2) and I can not find how to access the *Last Shut Off* menu. I had the engine shut down just after landing and I can not determine why. I had fuel in the main tank, the UAT was full, no air bubbles... nothing to indicate what might of happened. I can not access the menu on the ECU to tell me what was the root of the shut down. How do I access this menu????

Also, can someone dial me in on the INFO menu you have "OUT RANGE" and "PULS LOST". Now I understand what "PULS LOST" tells me but what is "OUT RANGE"??? I had OUT RANGE:10...what does that mean????

Thanks for the help!

Dave
Old 06-10-2007, 09:41 AM
InboundLZ

Default RE: ***PRO JECT ECU HELP!!!***

*****bump*****

Anyone????
Old 06-10-2007, 11:45 AM
jetpower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello
i have an older version of the projet ecu and if i want to see my last shutoff or what ever .
i simply scrol thru the menu with arrow up or down from the start screen an eventualy see it
and about the outrange i don't know either so can't help you with that.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:15 AM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't remember for sure, but as i recall this tells you the amount of unknown signals that were received. You define your signal spectrum while "learning in" your ECU/Radio. Anything out of that will give you an "out range" as far as i remember. Learning in your radio again will probably fix this.
I'll have to look it up in the manual to tell you for sure....(did you not get one together with the ECU?)

Best regards
Hank
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 AM
InboundLZ

Miniflyer,

Thanks for the reply....yeah I got a manual with the ProJet but honestly, it does not tell you very much. So, it is hit and miss...

Have any idea on the *Last Shut Down* ???
Old 06-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Miniflyer

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Scroll through the main menu using the up/down buttons. After the last menu (i believe after menu 50 on the 5.x) there will be the last shutoff reason.
If not, turning the ECU off and back on will provide you with the error (unless it was a userbreak).

Hope that helps

PS: i found the online manual for ProJet.
Pulse lost is the amount of missing pulses, out range is the amount of unknown pulses as described....

I THINK your problem is the radio setup. You either did not learn in the ECU or an error occured while you did it/it lost its memory. Theory: After you landed, you put the throttle in a position that was unknown to the ecu. It waited, waited, counted the wrong pulses, and decided to shut down after receiving nothing that made sense.... in these cases, the error shown will be either :userbreak: or :rc timing fail: