Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Rookie 11 Airbrake.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Rookie 11 Airbrake.

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Sonicwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rookie 11 Airbrake.

Hi All,

Just started building my Rookie 11, Now im thinking i dont want to put the Airbrake in as i dont want another hole in the fuz bottom, Who is flying without this and how do you get on ???

Also has anyone cut out the engine bay cover completly ???

Cheers Jay.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: Rookie 11 Airbrake.

Save setup time and the servo if you have a long enough runway to fly off of, especially grass. The bottom airbrake is very effective, but you can setup the canards as airbrakes as well. The manual has setup tips in it. I've never used the canards as airbrakes though. The Rookie II will take time to slow down if you don't have any airbrakes due to the residual thrust. I recommend you have one or the other if you plan to visit another field. My engine bay is still live hinged, I tie the cover back against the mains when I work on the turbine with the fuselage upside down.
Old 06-17-2007, 04:49 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Rookie 11 Airbrake.

around 200 flights with canards as air brakes. Works perfect, and no extra work on the bottom of the fuse.

http://www.my87.com/video/rookie/seanrookie.wmv