Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Why is there no Buzz of WJM 2007?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Why is there no Buzz of WJM 2007?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 05:44 PM
mikehannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is there no Buzz of WJM 2007?

Hi Folks
I have been checking RCU for the last two months expecting a thread to be kicked off regarding the up and coming World Jet Masters.
Every year since i joined this form the buzz proir to the event has just grown and grown. This time we are just two weeks away and there is nothing?
Who is flying and what are they flying etc? Come on folks lets have some info for us hungry modellers.

Or has the Jet community lost all interest in this event?

M
Old 06-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Shui
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Why is there no Buzz of WJM 2007?

I'd hope not, I know Dustin is hard at work on his model and I've done my practicing and have my model all setup, getting the 35mhz receiver tomorrow and shipping out the crate Monday.

Looking forward to this event......finally!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:25 PM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Surprised to see Dave on 35 !

However, if anyone needs a 35 MHz rx for the meeting, I have a mint JR RS 10DS (synth) receiver avialable on 35. This rx was used in my BobCat in the UK last summer, not a single glitch recorded. The aerial is reduced to half for connection to a whip antenna.

Tx module not availble I'm afraid.

I also have load of 35 MHz crystals for both Tx and Rx and several 10x receivers and tx modules in 35 MHz crystal format.

If anyone wishes to borrow please PM me.

Regards,

David Gladwin.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:26 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

if anyone needs to borrow a 35mhz module TX let me know
i have plenty here synth or Xtal..

also does anyone have a phone number from one of the organisers?
no one responds on numerous emails i have send them...
Old 06-21-2007, 06:43 AM
pilott28
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: DaveShulman

I'd hope not, I know Dustin is hard at work on his model and I've done my practicing and have my model all setup, getting the 35mhz receiver tomorrow and shipping out the crate Monday.

Looking forward to this event......finally!!!!!!!!
Good Luck to you and Dustin. Who else is on the team from the US?
Old 06-21-2007, 07:09 AM
Roger Shipley
My Feedback: (35)

The US is proud to again have a complete team of 6 competitors that will be participation in the 7th JWM.
The background on the team selection is available on: [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_4888981/tm.htm[/link]
The team individual particulars is available on: [link]http://www.jwm-team.us/[/link]
The Inernational Jet Modeling Committee will have daily udates for all the teams on:[link]http://ijmc.net/[/link]
Posting will made to these sites as the competition proceeds starting the 4th of July until the 14th.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:24 AM
digitech

we could use some ar9000 sets over here!
Old 06-21-2007, 08:02 AM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know I am looking very forward to it. We have been so busy getting everything in order that it has left little time to gab. There are some serious competitors at the WJM and our last venture there was an eye opening experience. North Ireland is promising to be another. It will really have to be awesome to be as great as the time we had in Hungary, that was defintely a thrill of a lifetime.
The newest team members are the infamous David Shulman and spunky Dewey Davenport. David is flying a BVM F-86 in Canadian colors built by Graeme Mears. If you have not seen this plane up close, it is truly a work of art. Mr. Mears is quite simply an artist with an eye for detail. Dewey will be flying a Y/A F-18 which miraculously survived a bird strike right before FJ this year. Dewey is a commercial pilot and David works for BVM.
The returning members are Scott "Hillbilly" Harris, Rod Snyder, Dustin Buescher, and Dave Ribbe. Of course Dave is no neophyte and has a long history of competition under his belt, even taking the Mr. Top Gun trophy home this year. Scot and Dustin will be flying BVM F-86's in various liveries. Rod is flying an L-39, and Dave will be campaigning his Mig.
We will be arriving in North Ireland on or about July 4th. Some of us are coming directly in with aircraft, while others are shipping out a week or so prior. As you may or may not be aware, it is not like going down to your field and flying.
First, you have topack everything you may need short of fuel and oil. We even take our own jug with a pump. You need your chargers, your tools for assembly, extra touch up paint, compressors, extra everything, and then we need to make allowances for changing to a new frequency (72 to 35) unless we are using the 2.4.
There are so many things to consider.
Second, it is not a short trip, the competition lasts 10 days, and by the time you make allowances for travel you are looking at two weeks. When you get there you are a little intimidated, at least I am, by the caliber of pilots, the new field, the rushed atmosphere and the hectic shedule. Luckily, I am not flying, the rest of the guys appear calm and collected....LOL
Luckily for me by the time we get there most of the hard work (prep paperwork, etc) has been completed and I can sit back and watch the guys do their thing. Spending time in the hanger with the pilots from 30 countries and their airplanes is a great time. Lots of comraderie and highjinks. Never turn your back on Ali nor any of those guys from UAE...LOL
It is hard to describe if you have never been a part of it. I am looking forward to seeing friends which I made during the last trip and seeing what the newest competition airplane the Germans will unveil, damn those guys are tough....[:@]
I will do my best to try and post pics, but time constraints and poor internet connections are not something I can control, so be patient with us. Thanks to everyone who has given some form of support to the team, they really appreciate it.
I know the team and myself has not lost any interest in this event, and we have our heads down and focused on doing what we need to do. The competition at the WJM is intense but friendly. We are also taking along lots of friends and family with us so our time will be shared with them as well.
Will stay in touch.
Tommy Yates
Team Manager
Team USA
Old 06-21-2007, 08:06 AM
WrenTurbines

Wren Turbines will be in Northern Ireland, supporting everyone who is using our engines. Mike Murphy and Terry Lee will be there throughout the competition with full back-up for all Wren fliers. Roger and I will be joining them for the last two days (Friday and Saturday) of the competition. I'm looking forward to meeting in person some of the people I talk to online.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines
Old 06-21-2007, 08:38 AM
john agnew

Mike

We are all working flat out finishing our models. All looking forward to seeing some great jets and flying. We are lucky in as much as all we have to do is put the model in the back of the car and drive down to the ferry which is a couple of hours for most of us. Looking forward to sharing a few beers and meeting some of the people from here on RCU. I think I have a few pints in the pipe and owe some as well!

Best regards

John
Old 06-21-2007, 08:57 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: john agnew

Mike

We are all working flat out finishing our models. All looking forward to seeing some great jets and flying. We are lucky in as much as all we have to do is put the model in the back of the car and drive down to the ferry which is a couple of hours for most of us. Looking forward to sharing a few beers and meeting some of the people from here on RCU. I think I have a few pints in the pipe and owe some as well!

Best regards

John

looks like no flying for you then , with all these beers...
dont worry , i am there to help....
Old 06-21-2007, 09:22 AM
Shok
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: WrenTurbines

Wren Turbines will be in Northern Ireland, supporting everyone who is using our engines. Mike Murphy and Terry Lee will be there throughout the competition with full back-up for all Wren fliers. Roger and I will be joining them for the last two days (Friday and Saturday) of the competition. I'm looking forward to meeting in person some of the people I talk to online.

Sara Parish
Wren Turbines

Sara, Limeybob will be making an appearance, please force him to buy a 44 gold while he is there.
It doesn't take much to sell him, just tell him he looks pretty and he will open his wallet.

thank me later
Old 06-21-2007, 11:17 AM
mikehannah

Hi
Wow finally this thread seems to have come alive. Thanks to "DocYates" and the rest of the guys from the US team and every one else who has given some valuable time from their preperations to tell the RC Universe a little of what is going on. I was begining to think I would be standing all alone in a field in Enniskillen. ( in which case plan B would have kicked into action :-- Go find a pub and enjoy a pint of Guiness)

I was hoping that information on the various teams/ planes equipment would have been posted on the WJM 2007 website but so far there is no sign.
So would any team member or team manager care to follow the example of the US team and maybe post info on Pilots/planes equipment etc. Assuming he/she feels their entry is not "top secret" of course.

Mike

ps I have collected enough Brownie points to buy two days attendence so all being well I hope to be sitting in the spectator area enjoying the last two days of the action.
Old 06-21-2007, 11:26 AM
john agnew

Ok Mike

Hope this cheers you up, first rollout from the hanger today.

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77708.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	708244  
Old 06-21-2007, 12:35 PM
DocYates
My Feedback: (102)

Hmmm...I think I know where another one is that looks almost just like it....
Looks great John, I just finished mine as well. The decals looked great, thanks for all your help.
Tommy
Old 06-21-2007, 01:48 PM
john agnew

Tommy

Ralle does a great job on the decals. Look forward to seeing you in two weeks.

Best regards

John
Old 06-21-2007, 10:25 PM
cairoman

ORIGINAL: digitech

Sandor,

Bill Grimsley can help you with this. He knows the organisers quite well. Since you are "Scottish" in this WJM, I am sure he will be more than happy to help you.

See you all on July 4th.

Chris
Jet Team Cyprus
Old 06-22-2007, 02:51 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: cairoman

ORIGINAL: digitech

Sandor,

Bill Grimsley can help you with this. He knows the organisers quite well. Since you are "Scottish" in this WJM, I am sure he will be more than happy to help you.

See you all on July 4th.

Chris
Jet Team Cyprus

do i need a kilt then?[>:]
Old 06-22-2007, 03:00 AM
john agnew

Sandor

I will try to get you a 'phone number today. Somehow I don't see you in a kilt.[:@]

John
Old 06-22-2007, 03:38 AM
digitech

Sandor

I will try to get you a 'phone number today. Somehow I don't see you in a kilt.[:@]

John
i got all covered thanks..

got some serious driving to do .
still confused if i take our van or the stationwagon..
i was thinking bringing some more stuff over..
Old 06-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Spartan Missile

Sandor
....Somehow I don't see you in a kilt.[:@]
No, but he's been seen in a dress though ! 400lb Dutch Beefcake with high heels.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:24 AM
digitech

ORIGINAL: Spartan Missile

Sandor
....Somehow I don't see you in a kilt.[:@]
No, but he's been seen in a dress though ! 400lb Dutch Beefcake with high heels.
mmmm damned you seen it?
i just to be called "the bearded lady"
Old 06-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Flying Arrow
My Feedback: (6)

Hello,

The JWM is the most prestigious international jet event. It is always better not to spoil the surprise
I thought about showing a picture of my model then I realized that it will be more interesting to show it during the event.

Our NI brothers have been so kind and supportive. They are working hard to satisfy the requests of all the participants. I know that cause I made so many requests and inquiries and they were always responded in no time. I actually was always very late in sending the forms and other information needed and they were always having great follow up and very patient.

I would like to invite everyone who is participating in this event to have a positive attitude and to know that there are many teams with different requests and the organizers are working to accommodate all those requests. So be patient.

Hungary was first class and I am sure NI will be first class. There will be so many records in this event. Wait and see.

I would like to welcome all participants and guests to our Saudi Jet Team table and I look forward to make as much friends as possible. I was lucky to meet many great people when I was in Hungary and I look forward to meet much more in NI.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:48 AM
mikehannah

Hi Flying Arrow
Thanks for taking the time to post a reply. I look forward to your seeing your surprise?

Mike
Old 06-22-2007, 06:59 AM
rc-cropduster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This year the Netherlands will be represented by 4 pilots. Preparations are in full swing, 3 of 4 planes are ready, the last one is ready within a week. The team consist of 11 people in total.
[link=http://dutchjetteam.nl][/link]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.