Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Gas not igniting ??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Gas not igniting ??

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 11:50 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Gas not igniting ??

Hey guys,

I have a problem with my JJ1400.

First, i tried the new one piece tail cone i got from China, and it didnt work well, temps 700+C easily, so i went back to the normal 2 piece cone (temps back down again) but now i have a different prolem.

The turbine would only ignite gas if given a serious amount of gas flow, leading to a puff of flame on ignition. this worked for seveal cycles today, but right now it doesnt ignite at all !!

i put a new OS8 plug in (what i have at home) and stretched the heck out of the coils out (carefully) and varified that it lights like a christmas tree when the ECU tells it to, but still no ignition.

One thing i did notice is that the sleeve holding the glow plug (threads) is loose inside the engine body and i could move it with a screw driver - is this reasonable ?

Also, when i look in the glow plug hole, it seems half blocked with some metal part.. i can only assume its the CC?

any ideas what to do with this ?
Please advise.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:04 PM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Gas not igniting ??

Guys,

I forgot to mention i can get the turbine to start by giving my gas tank a good shake (its full by the way) - meaning it would blow a large amount of gas inside, and then it would ignite suddenly with a puff of fire.

It seems that with a regular (as before) amount of gas (not too much) it does not ignite at all no matter what i do.

Can this be related to the glow plug sleeve and \ or CC moving ?
Old 06-24-2007, 12:48 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i3dm
Just get a hold of your local JoeJet rep....
Semper Fi
Joe
Old 06-24-2007, 01:01 PM
TREADSTONE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: i3dm

Also, when i look in the glow plug hole, it seems half blocked with some metal part.. i can only assume its the CC?
...Or Remains of it...[:-]....

Naw..just kidding Like joe says, drop it on your JJReps lap...or even foot ...he might deal with it ..imediately.

Brg

Dave.