Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Greatest Day of My Life

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Greatest Day of My Life

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 10:34 PM
Danger38

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greatest Day of My Life

It all started around 12:30 today I recieve a phone call from my friend at the airport said that the guy that got the L39 jet is going to take it out today so I go to the airport and the the jet is on the tarmac waiting to be prep and ready to go, so the pilot shows up and he strarted to do his walk around and we got to talking about jets I told him that I fly rc jets and I really love it as he done with his walk around we talked about his jet and how I like it,Then it came, he look at me and said the magic words do you want to go and fly with me and he also said that I even let you fly it now what do you think I said?? Sure I would love to go fly with you.So he did a safety briefing with me told me anything red do not touch and if I thought he said eject he did not becasue he was still in the jet so what he was saying is do not eject unless you see me go first I thought that was kind of funny. Well we got strap in and taxied to the runway 20 just before we turn on to the run way he spool up the turbine and check the EGT temp and last control check then we taxied on to the run way and line up with the center line and full power was applied and off we went the jet roard down the runway and the nose came up and then the main gear followed and I in the back seat grinning from ear to ear and thinking am I dreaming I know you all are thinking do I know this pilot?? No I don't when I came up to the airport I guess he saw the gleam in my eye when we got to talking about jets now we have level off around 15 thousand feet and he tells me are you ready for a few G manuavers so we did a 2 G turn and he ask me how was I and I said I am fine so he said lets add a little more Gs so he dive the plane and I felt the negative Gs and then he pull up in to positive Gs around 5 Gs I remember the blue angel training on pulling high Gs and I did what they called the Hick to keep the blood from leaving my head and I have to say I was fine with that he came on probably expecting me to black out and I check in that I was ok he said now it your turn to fly Yes fly his L39 I have to tell you that is one sweet jet I rolled the jet and it was dead on nothing was needed I got to do two rolls and man that was so great then the talke me through a imblemun with the jet he only managed the throttle and I did the stick thing when I rolled out straight on level I was on cloud nine and to top it off he let me fly all the way back within 5 miles of the airport then he took over after a high speed pass down the run way and a miltary pull out and landing that was so neat. Needless to say I was tired after all the negative and positive Gs but I sure was glade I got this experince once in my life my friend at the airport was expecting me not to be able to get out of the jet he was amaze when I climb out was ok no sickness but all smiles that was a life time dream for me to not only ride a military jet but fly as well needless to say I won't sleep tonight I wanted to share this with all my rc jet pilots I really got a treat today and very happy. [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif][sm=teeth_smile.gif] And to add I got a great respect for all fighter pilots that pull those Gs all the time it really takes a lot out of you.

Robert
Old 07-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Moe142
My Feedback: (7)

Default RE: Greatest Day of My Life

WOW man! You are one lucky S.O.B.!! Nice
Old 07-23-2007, 06:23 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

WOW! That's a great story. You are one lucky dude! Did you get any pictures of the L-39? Please post if so. Wish that would happen to me!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:23 AM
Danger38

My Friend at the airport did take pictures I will post as soon as he email them to me that was a great thirll for me he even let me manuaver around the clouds like they were pylons that was Great"

Robert
Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Danger38

Here are some photos as promise.

Robert
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44298.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	730299   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up49028.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	730300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75949.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	730301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rk23963.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	730302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep86105.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	730303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qg64076.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	730304  
Old 07-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Danger38

Here some more pictures the take off and high speed pass and yours truly and a happy camper.

Robert
Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Danger38

Let me try this again not use to posting pictures.

Robert
Old 07-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Alpenglider

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Robert,

you´r the man !
This is more then winning in the lottery, this you never forget !

Keep smiling ok !

Thomas
Old 07-26-2007, 01:13 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

RE: Greatest Day of My Life - 7/26/2007 5:43:54 PM

Danger38: Now it is your turn , Build and paint a model of his Jet, and Show him how it fly's.
Well. You know. Might bring your buddy Box Just in case!