Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Maine Jet Rally -- Dinner Question For Attendees

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: A poll
We prefer dinner at the airport to a restaurant
36.84%
Going out to dinner works for us
63.16%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Maine Jet Rally -- Dinner Question For Attendees

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:36 PM
aparchment

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maine Jet Rally -- Dinner Question For Attendees

Guys -- for those of you who have been to this event, you know that we usually do a lobster and steak dinner on Saturday night. The dinner is a huge amount of work and is a pretty expensive undertaking. Based on feedback from some attendees from previous years I am considering just going out to dinner on Saturday night. I would like to know what you guys think.

If you have other comments beyond the choices below, please add them to the thread.

Thanks guys.

Antony
Old 08-21-2007, 06:06 AM
Meesh
My Feedback: (135)

Default RE: Maine Jet Rally -- Dinner Question For Attendees

Antony,

Going out to dinner is fine with me aand the wife. I hope it's still $30.00 to pre register. I mailed my check this morning. The website hasn't been updated for this years event.

See you on the 7th!

Bob Michaud
Old 08-21-2007, 07:23 AM
FB111NAV-RCU
My Feedback: (2)

Anthony,

The dinner was always a hi-lite but it does look like a lot of work. I think dinner out would be fine and take some of the pressure off.
I'm sure you know some great Seafood places that would work out nicely.

See you in two weeks.

Bob
Old 08-21-2007, 10:27 AM
Frank Alvarez

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Antony,

Take a load off !
Like i said to you at the New England event, there is always a lot of time, money, and tremendous effort to organize a jet program. I know personally what it takes having now produced our third Capitol Jets program in Albany. Pick a place that can accept about 40-60 and just go with it. Most places will require some kind of commitment in terms of money, however, I was infact successfull this year with out a single penny outlay by telling the owner that I would heavily advertize his establishment on our PA system durring our event if he would aggree to accepting 30 or so peaple to dinner unanounced. Of course it helps to offer all of this at no cost to the owner, how can they say no to free advertizemnet durring an airshow!
Take the pressure off Anthony, believe me, its very comforting to know that someone else is reponsible for feeding our fellow pilots and thier families. That way, all you have to do, is to make sure that you wear that bright pink thong bikini that you said you wore while doing your anti-rain dance to keep the weather from disturbing our great Maine jet event !
See ya in a couple of weeks,
Frank.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:17 PM
aparchment

Now that is an ugly picture Frank!

On top of that you have blown my secret planning weapon. I only told you and Jeff about the thong because you're good guys, and I wanted to make sure your events were always blessed by good weather. Now Mike is going to be out there in a thong, and Terry and Frank and who knows who else -- maybe even David and Uncle Bob! You do see how bad this could get don't you. Perfect weather at every jet event and a whole bunch of arrests for indecent exposure!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:51 PM
SDCrashmaster

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And you guys say all the fruits and nuts are out here in Cali? [X(][X(]

Hope your event goes flawlessly Antony.

Paul Reese
Old 08-21-2007, 06:09 PM
JoGiasson
My Feedback: (1)

Antony
take a load off, and do the dinner at a resturant,it would be easier on you and if someone wants something else but steak or lobster(Idon't know who would want anything else in Maine).
BTW-Antony can we set up our equipment on Thursday, for those who plan on coming up early.

Joe
Old 08-21-2007, 09:07 PM
aparchment

Thanks Paul. We could use some of you left coast guys to add some spice to this new england event.

Hi Joe, we can't set up on Thursday, but Friday is fair game. I will find out how early we can start on Friday.

Antony
Old 08-22-2007, 07:59 AM
aparchment

I have some updated hotel rate info for you guys that I will post in a separate thread.

AP
Old 08-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Shui
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Antony,

I always liked the atmosphere at the airport, but whatever will be, will be. I'll be there no matter what, but man, you've gotta make sure the corn is there and fresh! I think I look forward to that the most! lol
Old 08-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Jetkopter

ORIGINAL: JoGiasson

Antony
take a load off, and do the dinner at a resturant,it would be easier on you and if someone wants something else but steak or lobster(Idon't know who would want anything else in Maine).
BTW-Antony can we set up our equipment on Thursday, for those who plan on coming up early.

Joe
Joe, are you going to be able to find the resturant this time ? You can always come with us instead of trying to keep up with Walt again. I know your pace maker cant handle the warp factor 9 speeds that Walt cruises at so maybe you should just come with us, or Debbie can bring you back a doggie bag.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:31 AM
aparchment

Dave:

Agreed, I like that we got to hang around the airport for dinner, but I wanted to make sure I took into account what others might prefer as well as the additional work/expense that the dinner creates.

Antony
Old 08-23-2007, 12:48 PM
ivesdo

Antony, I agree with the general sentiment, take a load off your mind. Hopefully, you will do a better job counting heads than Jeff did at NE (Sorry about that Jeff, still can't resist). I will miss the normal dinner, but heck, Lobster is should be available at the local restaurant. Sorry I didn't get too much chance to talk with you at NE.

Doug