Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

King Cat, Viperjet Help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

King Cat, Viperjet Help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Warwick Laken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Cat, Viperjet Help

I am setting up the BVM King Cat and the Skygate Viperjet on the 14mz, and would like to know what are the best settings for flap and elevator mix. I would like to put the flap settings on a 3 way switch and set for take off and landing with the appropiate amount of elevator.

Whilst Im here. How do you use the "Butterfly" mode without having to configure your model as a glider?

Thanks

Warwick
Old 11-21-2007, 11:39 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: King Cat, Viperjet Help

I don't understand a thing you just asked!

Raf
Old 11-21-2007, 02:07 PM
Warwick Laken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What degree of flap has experience shown to be best for take off and similarly what degree of flap is best for landing. In each instance what degree of elevator should be mixed to stop ballooning or diving when flap applied. I want to apply these settings to a switch rather than rotary switch.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

I use about 15 degrees flaps for take off, no elevator mix and about 40 degrees for landing with 2mm up elevator. I have them on my 3 position switch. I have a JR 10X and they already have a flap/elevator mix. Don't forget that you can very well use ALL of your elevator for flare on your KC!

I use Futaba on my prop stuff and know that I have to make two separate mixing programs one for the flaps to the switch and then another for the elevator on the switch.

Hope that helps. I'm sure you'll love both of those airplanes!

Raf