Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

14MZ Switch C

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

14MZ Switch C

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Warwick Laken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14MZ Switch C

Can anyone out there tell me simply how to alter the values of Switch C. I will use it for preset flaps. Up off, middle takeoff and last position for landing. The values it has at the moment are too much.

Thanks
Old 11-25-2007, 11:31 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ Switch C

Hi,

The switch does not control the throw, it's the ATV or AFR of the channel that the switch controls that sets it.

Go to the linkage menu, then into the servo position screen .. flip switch C and see which servo output moves. Then go back one menu level, then go into ATV, and set the max throws with the ATV settings for the channel you discovered a moment ago.

I am assuming you will use a different servo for each flap .. and you chose the 4-servo wing when you set up the model ..this is the easy way .. if not you can run both flaps off one channel, but you'll need some electronic or mechanical means to match the throws. The beauty of the 14MZ is you can "afford" to use separate channels and setup is super-easy.

While in the ATV screen, I usually set both of the max ATVs to a very small number (say 20%) so that I won't get binding when I first flip the switch away from the center position .. you can then "creep up" on the right settings for flaps up and flaps down. With digital servos, exercise great care not to get binding in the up positions .. most models have some mechanical stop in the up position and a binding digital servo can drain the batteries really fast.

If it's flaps you intend to control, this will give you a "flaps up", "full flap" and "partial flap" setting (partial being the middle position). If you don't like where the middle position came out, you'll need to offset the neutral point, and then reset the ATV .. also pretty easy .. but that's for another post if needed!

Good luck. Hope this helps.

Dave
Old 11-26-2007, 08:09 AM
747drvr
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 14MZ Switch C

I don't use ATV at all . The best way to handle any function that uses a switch is to use offset mixing . You are telling the servo exactly where you want it to be for a given switch position . In the FUNCTION menu you have to set the control to NULL for that channel and do the switch position in the offset mixing menu . You can also use switch logic . When I figured out that technique it made things so much easier and opened up a whole new world of possibilities ! Flaps , gear and brake valves , gear doors etc...

Marc