Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Cockpit and ordnance for Skymaster Gripen 1:7

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Cockpit and ordnance for Skymaster Gripen 1:7

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 04:11 AM
ViperOneNL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cockpit and ordnance for Skymaster Gripen 1:7

Hi,

I have a skymaster gripen (old version) scale 1:7, and I am looking for a cockpit, pilot and ordnance (amraams) for this plane, but it seems that the scale 1:7 is a difficult one.

Is there anybody out there who has solved this either by finding a mfg who selles it, or by making it him/her self?

Cheers,

Mick.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44131.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	813956  
Old 11-28-2007, 09:16 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: Cockpit and ordnance for Skymaster Gripen 1:7

Mick,

I'm not aware of anyone that makes a cockpit for a 1/7 scale Gripen. There may be something out there for another plane that could be made to fit. Century Jets makes a 1/7 jet pilot and it is available through Tower Hobby. It's pretty expensive for what you get in my opinion.

I used the cockpit tub that came with the kit, put a decal on the dash, and installed a MGA pilot. It's not scale but looks a lot better than nothing.

Joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	If10496.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	814027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wp41621.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	814028  
Old 11-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Ray Davis
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mick....I cut in half and 'narrowed' the tub of a Skymaster F-16 (1/6th?) cockpit, so was able to 'bring in' the side panels just under the lip of canopy fuse edge, kept the main/front panel whole, re-fit the center console, fit the forward portion/gunsight whole, etc. Used only a seat back (not the cushion from the ARF Gripen kit, as I recall, so that it sits on a ply platform w/ enough nose gear clearance)....and used the Blue Box lady F-15 pilot. Had to remove her flight suit, cut her lower legs short, shorten the torso, and arms....dress her again......was kinda fun ! But now she's 1/7th.

Pilot possibly a little outa scale (tad larger than pictures indicate....sits just a bit high, but which is much better than too small, etc., IMO) Came together and looks very good, I think. Much easier than scratch..which I've done, too.

Sorry, no picture capability at present.

Ray
Old 11-30-2007, 10:14 AM
ViperOneNL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray, Joe,

Ok going to have a fun time butchering pilots and creating cockpits I understand

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Mick.