Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

NEED HELP WITH PEGASUS HP E

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

NEED HELP WITH PEGASUS HP E

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:26 PM
COPYCAT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP WITH PEGASUS HP E

I HAVE A PEGASUS HP ELECTRIC STart ,WHEN I GO TO START POSITION ON MY TRANS THE STARTER TURNS THE COMPRESSOR AND IT DOES NOT START.BEFORE THIS PROBLEM THE STARTER WOULD TURN STOP THEN THE PROPANE VALVE OPENS THEN A SLIGHT
POP AND THE STARTER WOULD START AGAIN A COUPLE SECOND LATER THE TURBINE WOULD BE RUNNING ON FUEL.
NOW THE STARTER JUST RUNS AND DOES NOT STOP UNTIL I TURN THE SWITCH OFF, THE PLUG DOES NOT GLOW AND THE PROPANE DOES NOT RAMP.I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY INPUT BEFORE I SEND IT BACK TO BENNIE . THANKS
Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: NEED HELP WITH PEGASUS HP E

I own 2 Peggy NL's.......rarely have problems, but when I do, I just send Bennie an email.....he promptly answers......I also have called him as he is in the shop most every day.......

Tom
Old 12-02-2007, 09:50 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I agree with Tom, AMT Netherlands is the best of the best - just contact Bennie direct and he'll probably sort the problem out for you without the engine going back to Holland.

Springbok Flyer

Old 12-02-2007, 10:29 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

you can also try paul bageman or mark taylor. they are the local reps.
Old 12-03-2007, 12:11 AM
COPYCAT

HEY GUYS THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY I WILL CALL BENNIE
Old 12-03-2007, 12:51 AM
Esprit

I think that you will find your rpm sesnor is not working. Try plugging in your EDT and then make a start cycle, look at the edt and see if the rpm comes up if not there is your problem. The ECU is looking for rpm increase before it will back off the starter and then add the gas for a richening mixture to obtain a light off. It may be just as simple that the rpm lead has become disconneted. It may also be that the rpm sesor has failed.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Kmarks
My Feedback: (36)

I had the same problem, and after hours of trying to figure out why it would not start, the EDT showed that the RPM was not registering. I agree with the above post by Esprit. I ordered a new RPM sensor and she worked great. By the way, The sensor was working perfact just one month prior, and just decided to stop working. Hope that helps.

Kevin Marks
Old 12-03-2007, 04:43 AM
Richard-RCU
My Feedback: (21)

I had a similar problem with one of my Pegasus'. On checking out the turbine with the EDT I found that the RPM sensor was not working (there is a capacitor inline between the sensor and the ECU...mine had broken the lead from the capacitor). I called Tom Cook at Jet Model Products and had a new one the second day. Installed in about 10 minutes and worked perfectly since then. Tom stocks a few replacement sensors.

Richard