Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Next plane??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Next plane??

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 05:44 PM
chipperg
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Next plane??

What do you guys think of the Tams A-4 for my second turbine? I am flying the #@$% out of my babby boomer and I need a scale plane that can handle a short grass strip.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:13 PM
rcjetmodels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Next plane??

ORIGINAL: chipperg

What do you guys think of the Tams A-4 for my second turbine? I am flying the #@$% out of my babby boomer and I need a scale plane that can handle a short grass strip.
HI,

You can try the Fei Bao L39 this will do it.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:04 PM
KC36330

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Tam A-4 is a great flier. it's not as forgiving on landing as a boomer, when you drop landing flaps and pull power back, it's coming in and at a nice rate of decent and with a short grass strip i wouldn't recommend it. most any of the F-15s would be a good suggestion.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:22 AM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have over 55 flights on my A-4 now and what a sweet plane it is. It is nothing like your boomer. Landing can be fatal if you get too slow. I carry 1/2 throttle on Final with gear and flaps down. You must fly it to the runway....can't glide it like a boomer. An A-4 has a lot of nasty habits but is a well behaved great flying plane if you understand it's habits and respect them. I love this jet but feel something like an F-16 or F-15 would be better for your next jet. The Jetlegend T-45 has to be the nicest jet I have ever flown. Very forgiving and no bad habits. I highly recommend this one too.
Dom