Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Two types of Eurosport??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Two types of Eurosport??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2003, 07:11 PM
SAP_2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Two types of Eurosport??

Hello!

I Have a Composite ARF Eurosport on order, and on their web-page the specifications say: wing sp; 168 cm (66") and lenght: 225 cm (89") .

On the Fiberclassics web-page it says: wing sp; 165 cm (66") and lenght: 240 cm (94")

It seems like the ES from Composite AFR is 15 cm., or 6" shorter than the Fiberclassics ES.

I thought the planes were identical...., or is this just a typing/ translation error..?

Anyone who knows? (please forgive my poor english)
Old 04-14-2003, 07:58 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Same plane, typo error on the site. I believe 94" is the correct length for the eurosport advertised. There is however TWO diffrent Eurosport kits now in production although I am not sure when the new one will begin shipping..... The newer model will only be avaiable from fiberclassics, not composite-arf.com.
Old 04-14-2003, 08:10 PM
SAP_2000

Thanks!

I hope you are right, that it is not the old molds from the developing period that Gietz is now taking up from the grave....
Old 04-15-2003, 09:38 AM
tahfiet

Hi Staale!

There is definitely a difference between the Fiberclassic/scale&aerobatics ES and the one made by Andreas Gietz/composite-arf. The one made by Andreas is the original design and has the two exhausts. FC/s&a made a new plug because they do not import from Thailand anymore. They changed the design and prepared the tail for thrust-vector-control. If you ask me: it looks horrible. And it is much more expensive.

www.composite-arf.com sells the ES for about €1200,- plus €450,- for the complete retracts.

scale&aerobatics sells the EF for more than €2000,- and they don't say if it is with or without retracts.

Well it is your choice, and if you want it cheap and scale go for the Thai-ES.

Greetings from germany,

David
Old 04-15-2003, 09:55 AM
tahfiet

Allright,

to show you the difference, I searched for pictures:

That is the new tail of the FC eurosport. If you ask me: It is extremely ugly . THe price including retracts: € 2400,-, look at this hp:

http://www.scaleandaerobatic.com/de/p_15.html

Have fun,

David
Old 04-15-2003, 02:29 PM
carla kanak
My Feedback: (4)

Default Eurofighter

First of all i do not know what they are doing in germany, but here the composite arf plane which used to be the fiberclassics plane was far from scale.
It cut up the bacck exhaust area so that one pipe could exit the back. and the out line was not scale.
What Scale and Aerobatics has done is make a sport plane the back end was done to enable thrust vector of 20% up and down.
And of corse make at least 14 improvements to the model.
As far as the price is concerned here in the usa the price is $1800
INCLUDING ROBART GEAR (not some cheap gear that will not hold up) and a tail pipe.
And of course if it is a Scale Eurpfighter you want then it is best to wait because by fall there will be a all new SCALE Eurofighter
from Scale and aerobatics.
Don Kanak
Planes Plus Inc
630-904-5075
Old 04-15-2003, 02:42 PM
jair

In Germany you get the same gear Mr Gietz sells....i think the gear I had in my handy in Sinsheim was such a gear.it was no ROBART!Seems to be that there are different accessoirs for USA and Europe.
Old 04-15-2003, 06:05 PM
carla kanak

Default Eurosport

What you saw at Senseim was not Robart, In germany they are making their own gear, It is not uncommon for us to sell different gear in the USA it is always a problem with metric axles and screws and parts availability.
Don
Old 04-15-2003, 09:52 PM
jair

And what they sell in Germany is the same gear from South Africa,that also Mr Gietz sells with his firm....and this schould be bad?
Old 04-15-2003, 10:25 PM
carla kanak

Default gear

What they will sell in germany IS NOT the same gear as Geitz and yes his is bad it was built to be a copy of Robarts but they had no experience in making gear so they got the size and shape correct but failed when it came to materials and fit ect. Don
Old 04-16-2003, 05:54 AM
jair

But the gear I saw in Sinsheim was made in South Africa and looks like the Gietz gear....
Old 04-16-2003, 06:12 AM
tahfiet

Well, I know what and how Andreas fabricates in Thailand. What s&a fabricates "somewhere", we have to wait and look at.

The gear they had in Sinsheim must be the same. But who cares. Go fly and have fun,

David
Old 04-16-2003, 01:45 PM
carla kanak

Default Gear

I am sure we have beat this up enough, but again the gear you saw at senseim probably was the gear that Geitz is delivering.
But that is not what s&a will deliver with the planes later. Just like myself they found that the other gear was no sufficient for the aircraft.
Enough on this subject, lets go fly.
Don
Old 04-16-2003, 03:04 PM
ghost_rider
My Feedback: (20)

I agree with you guys. Consider this thread closed and let's go fly.