Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Maj. Woody's Fei Bao L-39

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Maj. Woody's Fei Bao L-39

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2013, 03:43 PM
mstanden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Maj. Woody's Fei Bao L-39

Awesome! That's exactly what I need! what is that plastic molding stuff you are using? Thats exactly what i need to get that scale wingtip. Where did you get the Led 's and controller and can they come in red and green aswell?
Old 03-03-2013, 03:54 PM
megafly

Default RE: Maj. Woody's Fei Bao L-39

Thats a plastic sheet I bought over here, some people use it in vacum form machine, I don't know the name in english it has 0,5mm thickness, and you can mold it with a heatgun, the leds and lens you can find at ebay, they are rated for 3,5v so I just conected 2 of then to my life battery, I will get a eletronic switch and put it in the gear channel, so when gear is down the light are going to be on.
I think If you want a full set of nav lights you are going to need a controler, but just the landing lights can be very simple to do.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:41 PM
uixkes

Hi all,

sorry for being lazy but as the thread is quite long I thought I just ask.

Could someone tell me the length of the main trailing legs and the front leg.
I also would like to know what volume the supplied tank has.
And finally what is the weight (dry) of the plane? I plan to fit a VT80, which should be Ok for flying from grass, agree?

Thanks for your help. Appreciated as usual

Ulli
Old 06-20-2015, 06:44 AM
stevb

Hi, I know this thread is old but is anyone still flying one of these? I just picked up a kit with all the latest mods, and had a few questions. Specifically fitting the cockpit.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:41 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by stevb
Hi, I know this thread is old but is anyone still flying one of these? I just picked up a kit with all the latest mods, and had a few questions. Specifically fitting the cockpit.
I have one that used to belong to a friend. I've been flying it lately - I have around 12-15 flights on it.

Ask away...

Bob
Old 07-11-2015, 05:19 AM
stevb

Thanks Bob,
I just got the FBjets cockpit, it's a one piece tub. Now I am not sure how everyone is mounting it. Do people glue it to the canopy? Do the just lay the tub in, resting on the fuselage opening flanges and locks down on top of it? Also there a bulk head just forward of the beginning of the canopy. The tub seems to be able to fit on top of the bulkhead cutout yet it seems like the better position is under the top of the bulkhead cutout. I've attached a photo of the bulkhead just forward of the canopy. Here's a pict (not my jet) you can see the top of the bulkhead

And it seems that the front bottom cross brace of the canopy needs to be cut way. I think the canopy will be strong enough without it but was just curious if there were any other ideas or mods on this.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3043.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	161.2 KB
ID:	2108532   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz76954.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	2108533  
Old 07-11-2015, 05:29 PM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

My cockpit mounts to the canopy so that it fits on as one piece. This makes it easier to deal with when servicing the jet. I can't recall right now if it fits over the front bulkhead or if the bottom rear cross brace is there or not.

I'll take a few pictures of the cockpit next week after I get back from Kentucky Jets...

Bob
Old 07-12-2015, 03:50 PM
Synwpn
My Feedback: (1)

Funny, I just got mines the other day. Been reading this thread the past couple of days.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8986.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	1.84 MB
ID:	2108715  
Old 07-12-2015, 04:13 PM
stevb

Wow, love that paint job! Was that painted at the factory?
Old 07-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Synwpn

yes. didnt like any of the paint schemes they had, so i asked them to do this one instead. i had some pics of this one on hand. the full scale is one of the private birds in the US.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:30 AM
stevb

I was wondering what type of paint they used?
I had an interesting thing happen. I was wiping down my wing, white gloss area, using a yellow terry cloth towel one of the standard issue. It was soaked in alcohol and some of the yellow dye came off on the paint. Small spot but I've tried everything short of sanding it and buffing it. Also one small area looks like the alcohol actually lifted the paint a bit, sort of wrinkled it. Very odd.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:37 PM
Synwpn

I'm not sure what type of paint used. But I may test it. I've been using a pre-soaked wet wipe type to clean up and it doesnt seem to have any effect on the paint.

i'm itching to get the leg gear going already so i can test the pressure hold in the jet.

Last edited by Synwpn; 07-21-2015 at 06:07 PM.