Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Changing bearings?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Changing bearings?

Old 02-16-2008, 06:25 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changing bearings?

I have a PST 600 turbine that needs bearings, is this a very difficult task to perform? has anyone done it personally? thanks Kevin
Old 02-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Miniflyer

Default RE: Changing bearings?

Have you ever disassembled or assembled a turbine yourself? The changing itself is not very difficult, but there are a lot of small things (often specific to a manufacturer) you can do wrong, causing a lot of damage.
If you have no experience i'd suggest you have it done in service, or have someone who has done it show you step by step up personal.

Best regards
Hank
Old 02-17-2008, 09:06 AM
B58
My Feedback: (43)

Send it to RTI and let Carlos take care of it. At least that is what I would do. Bob
Old 02-17-2008, 09:49 AM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (47)

Changing the bearings isn't too dificult if you know what you are doing. However, after the bearing change the engine needs to be rebalanced and you can't do that yourself, unless yoyu have a balancing machine. Send it to PST or Carlos.

Joe