Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

houston texas jet rally march 29th

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

houston texas jet rally march 29th

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 05:32 PM
FliteMetal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: houston texas jet rally march 29th

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90183.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	916809   Click image for larger version

Name:	So42854.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	916810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86576.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	916811   Click image for larger version

Name:	At54879.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	916812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ep86042.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	916813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tk75757.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	916814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dg75756.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	916815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rq54867.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	916816  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ml87711.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	916817  
Old 03-29-2008, 05:52 PM
FliteMetal

Old 03-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Bob.R
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our thanks go to the Bayou City Flyers for a relaxed and enjoyable event. We had a great time.

Bob Rodgers
Old 03-30-2008, 12:35 AM
Bandito
My Feedback: (5)

[>:] Ed Claman, thank you very much for contributing to the Bayou City Flyers " Jet Day". You however were not authorized to post the flyers names and where they live. You are not a member of Bayou City Flyers and that information is propriatary. Your assertion that this event was the brainchild of any-one other than Bayou City Flyers or myself is tottally inaccurant and misleading.......I was the event co-orinator and I concieved this event.... Bayou City Flyers hosted this event and alot of members of Bayou City Flyers made this event a fun and succesfull event..Bayou City Flyers and myself do not like the way you have potrayed this event and your unsolicited interference is not appreciated... Take down any post you have in reference to this event Now.. You owe me, Bayou City Flyers and all the pilots that were at the event an apology for the actions you have taken with-out any-ones authorization........You are not authorized to do a websight on this event.. Ray Blair/ Secretay.. Bayou City Flyers
Old 03-30-2008, 01:49 AM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks to Ray and the Bayou City Fliers for putting on this event. I really had a good time as I believe everyone did. A lot of flying all day long.

And a special thanks to Dr. Jose Rodriquez and his wife for inviting us to their home Sat. evening for a steak and salmon dinner and all the trimmings.

I got home about 1:30am and now I'm off to bed.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:09 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

well i had a great time. nice to see all the local and nearby jet guys get together. thanks ed for the flite metal donated goodies. thanks ray for cd'ing the event. i dont mind ed mentioning my name as a participant. come on guys. barry
Old 03-30-2008, 09:05 AM
FliteMetal

Wow, I really don't understand what upset you guys. I simply wrote a little background on Scobee
and the course of events leading to it becoming Houston's default jet field. There wasn't anything
negative in anything I wrote.

While I was a member of Bayou City Flyers, I am not now...but what's that got to do with this? If
you didn't want the web site I told you I would create for your event beginning with the photos I
posted here, why did you say Great when I offered to do it? I even suggested someone create a
graphic to represent your event.

Yes, Bayou City RC is the club flying at Scobee and you are the individaul whom conceived of and
conducted this event. When we spoke on the phone you explained this is the fourth gathering but
the first formal Jet Day at Scobee.

I certainly didn't mean to demean or take anything away from you or the members of Bayou City
RC by any omission of something I didn't include in my short overview of Scobee RC Flying Facility
and George Bush Park before I posted the photos I took at your event.

You are correct, I didn't ask permission before posting the names of the pilots and where they were
from. I didn't consider listing the event participants as something you wouldn't want disclosed.

If you and the members of Bayou City RC feel an apology is in order I most certainly offer one. I
suppose in what I wrote someone felt something was incorrect...then again, I didn't intend what I
wrote to be anything more than a comment on the origins of Dick Scobee Memorial Flying Facility
and how it evolved to be a Meca for turbines in Houston.

I most certainly appreciated an opportunity to contribute in a small way to your event and enjoyed
meeting and talking with all the pilots, you and everyone from Bayou City Flyers conducting it. This
is an event which with your and the club's guiding hand should grow quickly.

The origins of this event is the brain child of Houston's jet modeling community which
since day one had always gathered at Scobee Field because of the large rectangular paved runway.
Gathering on Sunday to fly became a fixture in the routine of the Scobee facility. Sport fliers relented
to the demands of airspace they require and the facility became known as "Houston's Jet Field".

Jet Day Houston is a natural outgrowth of this legacy: I am creating a web site for this event...whatever
name it eventually receives...which should grow to a weekend length jet event in 2009.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Bandito

Ed Clayman,..Your apology is accepted, Your sponsership was appreaciated. Your comments in relation to the origin of this event were incorrect and irrelevant . If the club wanted to go into WHY we decided to have a Jet Day, the club would have done so. I am confused as to why You would take it upon yourself to speak out for a club you are not a member of. BTW, this is a 2nd club Jet Day not a first one. Ed, it is the opinion of me and the board of directors that there is a difference in being a donating sponser and making statements about club matters that you know nothing about.......I will not address this issue on this forum again. If I in any led you to believe that because you were allowed to be involved as a donor in this event that you could say and do anything you wanted I sincerly apologize....Ray Blair/Secretary Bayou City Flyers
Old 03-31-2008, 12:50 AM
linmoore

What a great day of flying!!! Thanks to Ray Blair and the Bayou City RC Club for throwing a great jet rally. There were tons of flights made during the day and we didn't leave until dark!! Many of the pilots were wanting to come back on Sunday for an encore!! There were also a ton of spectators who really seemed to enjoy the jet sights and sounds. All in all, this was one great event!! As for Flitemetal's comments, I think he wrong about the jet scene in Houston. While Scobee field is a very nice venue for jet flying, it is hardly a "Mecca" for Houston's jet set. In fact, there are only 3 or 4 pilots who regularly fly jets at Scobee, and there are many Houston jet jocks flying at clubs all around the Houston area including, Ft Bend RC Club, Brazoria RC, Bomber Field, Texas City, ... etc. Personally, I am glad that Ray put this event together so that we had another opportunity to get all of the Houston jet dudes together. Even better, we got another chance to meet and greet guys from outside our area who share our interest.

I am looking forward to our next Houston area jet event (maybe the Bucaneer Jet Rally in Brazoria in October), and I definitely hope that the Bayou City Jet Rally will continue for many years to come. [8D]
Old 03-31-2008, 09:47 AM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I too enjoyed the opportunity to fly jets at the event. That's Ray and Bayou City for putting it together. I think the spectators and pilots enjoyed themselves a ton. Hope this grows into a bigger and multiple day event. Thanks Ed for the Flitemetal discount. I need to try a little of it out.

Thanks to all who flew at the event.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Bandito

Thanks to every one for the nice comments . The club and myself really enjoyed putting this event on. Doc, thanks so much for the hospitality and the great dinner.. All of us here in Houston have had the priviledge of your company for a long time. It was great to be with all the guys at your house. For those that had other plans and could not make it , we tottally enjoyed having you here in Houston and hope you had as much fun as we did. I want to also thank the Bayou City guys for all the help. Neon, your in the wrong bussiness...lol. Wes and all, I owe you. Not alot,just sum.LOL... For every-one that couldn't make it , there WILL be an NEXT YEAR.......Ray
Old 03-31-2008, 06:38 PM
DavKhy
My Feedback: (2)

Hi all,

I also enjoyed the event, after I changed my cracked fuel tank, replaced the retract servo that went bad on the flight line, and changed my transmitter module that went out while working on the servo replacement. My Raptor held together and made 5 or 6 flights. Great people and great food. Thanks Bayou City and Ray for a great time.

Dave B.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx69831.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	918754  
Old 04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
hornet driver
My Feedback: (7)

bob o

what no props for the " waiter " at docs....:-)...............i will have you know i expertly cut the cheese myself for the hores de ordourves into just the correct size in order to wet your pallet where as you could enjoy such a delicious salmon and steak dinner...:-)

hornet driver

ps.........i also did the darn dishes...........so give up the props.........lol
Old 04-11-2008, 08:32 AM
linmoore

ORIGINAL: hornet driver

bob o

what no props for the " waiter " at docs....:-)...............i will have you know i expertly cut the cheese myself for the hores de ordourves into just the correct size in order to wet your pallet where as you could enjoy such a delicious salmon and steak dinner...:-)

hornet driver

ps.........i also did the darn dishes...........so give up the props.........lol

OK Paulie, but I never heard of anyone wanting to be thanked for cutting the cheese !!!!! [:'(]