Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 beginer jets available? >

beginer jets available?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

beginer jets available?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 08:34 PM
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: beginer jets available?

ORIGINAL: hy flyr

Hi jet guys,
What would a good beginner turbine powered jet be? I have plenty of stick time on prop planes and would like to try my hand at the really fast stuff! Thanks
If you think you will be in jets for while, I suggest an R-800 ARF from PST and a standard size turbine like the PST 1300R or a P120. This will allow you to advance into the jet world and use the turbine for a scale or larger jet later on...

I am flying an R-800 now and it is a very smooth and an easy plne to fly. Check the thread regarding this model. Do a search ..Good luck in whatever you get!!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I started on a TamJet F-16 with a P-120SE. I'm loving it. It'll teach you everything you need to know to fly your next scale military jet.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:57 AM
My Feedback: (30)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

In my opinion buy BTE REACTION 54. I am currently flying it and I love this aircraft. I have flown BVM bobcat, Sabre F86, CARF Rookie and currently building Jet Legend T-45 and CARF MiG-15. I feel when your are starting into jets, you need an aircraft which is gentle, easy to maintain and transport. Reaction is a wonderful aircraft to learn jets. The problem with aircraft mentioned above is that if you have a damage or make repair or adjustment, you will have to dig out quite a few stuff, andf then reassemble, this in my opinion is lot of work. With Reaction there are three access hatches and everything is located in those hatches.
I have logged 15 flights so far on my Reaction, and I fly from uneven ground, and the retracts are working great. There is also composite version available from PST TURBINES, Thailand.

Asif