Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster plus 1:5.5 BAE Hawk

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster plus 1:5.5 BAE Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2017, 06:12 PM
leelee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try and find me a 140. I have a boomerang XL which weighs less than this one and fly it with a 180 and have no problems slowing it down. But it does have a lot more wing and is larger. Thanks for the advice.
Old 05-10-2017, 09:02 AM
bruno borges

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Last edited by bruno borges; 05-10-2017 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Snake Bite
My Feedback: (6)

Default Sky Master Hawk 100 Pro Plus 1/4.75 Ordinance accessory install

Hello,
My new Hawk 100 arrived two weeks back, by way of BVM. I read throught the downloaded instructions, but I do not see any type of instructions for mounting the belly tank, wing tanks, or the wing tip missel rail and missel. Can any one provide instructions for mounting these? Are there proper hard points in the wing? If so, how do I accurately locate them? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Jake
Old 10-02-2018, 04:44 PM
andrescuadros

I would like to bother you with a question I have a hawk 1 / 5.5 of Skymaster with a K160 turbine It flies very well, but my problem is landing it
In the manual of the Jet they talk about lowering the flaps 3cm but despite that, it goes too fast to the track under the throttle at minimum calculating about 200 mtr before landing and despite that is very fast and ends up bouncing and swallowing the whole track. I already broke it the other day and I do not want it to happen again What I can do? lower more flaps? mix a crow? something that should be done to the turbine? Thank you very much for your time if possible
Old 10-02-2018, 07:11 PM
ECalderon

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by andrescuadros
I would like to bother you with a question I have a hawk 1 / 5.5 of Skymaster with a K160 turbine It flies very well, but my problem is landing it
In the manual of the Jet they talk about lowering the flaps 3cm but despite that, it goes too fast to the track under the throttle at minimum calculating 200 mtr before landing and despite that is very fast and ends up bouncing and swallowing the whole track. I already broke it the other day and I do not want it to happen again What I can do? lower more flaps? mix a crow? something that should be done to the turbine? Thank you very much for your time if possible
Hi Andrés

You have to big of a turbine, residual thrust is an issue. In mine I have an 120 turbine and its hard to slow it down, and if yo slow it to much it will drop a wing fast.
I use about 1/4" crow with full flaps. Full flaps is also about 3 cms, more and you can loose elevator authority.
In the air it flies great, but landing gets some getting used to. Thats why I got myself an 1:4.75 Hawk, and that a hole different story.

Regards
Eduardo
Old 10-03-2018, 02:06 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I fly with a 140, about 40mm flap, and I close the throttle at the end of the downwind leg. I have a speed sensor on the model now so I can be more accurate with my landings