Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JD Enterprises Turbine

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JD Enterprises Turbine

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 02:27 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts
Default RE: JD Enterprises Turbine

I'll post this to see if it helps resolve this PST argument and to get more info to both parties involved. According to the previous owner this is the guy he got the engine from and he is talking about the engine involved in the dispute.

Just trying to help here, nothing more. []

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_38...tm.htm#3826576
Old 04-24-2008, 03:34 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just got back from watching my son in the third grade parade that they put on. I was walking home pondering all of the above..............I have come to the conclusion that it is all water under the bridge. Life is short. I'm sure that things have changed at JDE. I think that everyone in the market for a 12# thrust turbine should purchase a JDE Hawk H-12.............Heck, you can buy TWO for the price of a JetCat Titan!

Good luck,

John
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16053.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	936131  
Old 04-24-2008, 04:11 PM
thinwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey John.....thanks for the recommendation....I plan on doing just that!!!!Dennis said he would even pick me up @ half moonbay airport!!!!sounds like great service to me....sinc kp couch...Ps...thanks for english/grammer/punctation lesson ...its been awhile and I can always use the handy tips!!!!kpc
Old 04-24-2008, 04:47 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

PEACE.................All is good.HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Good luck and Godspeed in all your endeavors,

John
Old 04-24-2008, 06:18 PM
DennisF

CARS
Thanks for documentation.
I bare no ill will toward anyone (look no further then your own fault's to see what’s wrong with the world peace to all)

Dennis
JDE
Old 04-24-2008, 06:36 PM
seflyer
My Feedback: (12)

I removed my previous post, my reaction was unfair and not called for, My last email from dennis stated the ecu was dead along with the starter and he would not replace the ecu. I hold no hard feelings against Dennis, If some one wants it for the service bill due, they are more than welcome to it. I have purchased three new jetcats and will stay with them for now on. Kevin
Old 04-24-2008, 09:50 PM
dw_crash
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sara,

I stand corrected. Thanks for the correction.

Dave
Old 04-24-2008, 10:01 PM
dw_crash

John,

Thanks is the way I see it too. We all have had a experience we would like to forget. (Mine was a Reaper, JJ1400, getting ripped off on the insurance etc.) But, it is in the past, and lets go forward.

In the past, a lot of things have been posted on RCU about various vendors, products and people etc. It doesn't serve any purpose to bring up the past. We have to look at what people are doing today. And ask, are things moving forward? Are real efforts being made to rectify past issues and move into the future? For the most part, most people/vendors are. So.....

Lets use this thread to discuss the future of the Hawk engines and pass info between us owners and provide valuable feedback to the vendor. In a positive manner. Products only improve if feedback is provided in a useful manner. Name calling, or disrespecting etc. isn't going to help us modellers or vendors.

For example, I had an accident with one of my turbines (one of the four I own). I discussed it with the vendor, he understood what occurred. Now, the vendor has made a change which can prevent others from having my accident. I could have call the engine junk, the vendor names etc. But, how would that 'fix' or prevent again the accident I had? Positive feedback and discussion improved the product. That is what threads like this can do for fellow modellers and the vendor.

Dave
Old 04-24-2008, 10:16 PM
seflyer

dw-crash, agreed, I would just assume forget the whole thing. My last email from Dennis had the repair bill at 560.00. anyone who wishes to pay the service bill is more than welcome to it, in whatever state it is in. I do not want it back as I have replaced it with new turbines, a hard lesson learned about buying used equipment, which Dennis was not responsible for.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:36 AM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SEflyer

Sent you a PM. Interested, but would like to work details.

That is, if you haven't got any takers, I'd like to get confirmation from you and JDE and pick it up.

Thanks,
Old 04-26-2008, 02:37 PM
seflyer

ORIGINAL: DennisF

I was waiting for this your are completely wrong your PST ECU is in working order as it came.
When I first contacted you on the phone from the get go you were up in arms over the engine it had more hours on it then you were told it was out of balance do to a damaged compressor the combustion chamber need work I advised you on all repairs before any were completed you ok’ed them.
I didn’t have the opportunity to run your engine when came in because first it was in a damaged state and secondly you didn’t send the data terminal for it only after the repairs were made was I able to run the engine the engine started on it’s first try but when it was taken up to full power the bendix engaged and burnt up the starter motor to which I called you on the phone and advised you of the fact that the ECU had blown the fuse, replacing the fuse brought the ECU back on line as it is now at that time I E-mailed you with this information saying I knew you were pissed off about the engine.

Your reply was you were going to send a bomb to the guy who sold the engine to you.

I installed a new starter motor in the engine at no charge to you only to have the same thing happen again the motor was the same type and dimension as the first my explanation to you is that at some time in the past a previous owner installed the wrong starter motor the motor simply plugs in from the back of a starter housing there are no adjustment’s to be made so the only way it worked before was it was Mickey mouse in place I have tried on several occasions to contact you also through a 3rd party the word I received back from the 3rd party was you no longer wanted anything to do with the engine and too keep it this coupled with no response back from you is what I have to date.

You are blaming me because you purchased an engine with problems and you don’t think it worth anything this is your call the engine is still here with my parts and labor in it, which you refuse to pay for.

Dennis
JDE

Hey Dennis, why don't you explain why you couldn't set the starter clearance on my turbine with all those nice machines and burned up my ecu in the procces. accepting a job for service and then blaming the motor because you didn't manufacture it lousy customer service. I still don't have my turbine and will not pay the repair bill until he replaces the ecu that he damaged.

per the above post, I am going to pay the service bill and get the turbine back, I will be contacting pst for a new starter and bendix assembly . I will be contacting Dennis this afternoon and pay the 560.00 plus shipping charges that apply to the the engine. So at this time everyone please stop calling Dennis and asking about the motor. I wish to publicly apologize for my previous behavior and statements I made regarding Dennis and his work.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:28 PM
dw_crash

So, lets get back to the topic of the Hawk engines.
How many have one or know of one? What are your observations?

DW_Crash