Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is there a Software flaw in R921 DSM2 Receiver ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is there a Software flaw in R921 DSM2 Receiver ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 AM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there a Software flaw in R921 DSM2 Receiver ???

I seem to be having what I consider to be a major issue with my 921 recievers. When I power them up all my analog servos drive hard over to the extreme for about 1/2 second them neutralize. I have been on the phone with horizon and even sent a reciever back for them to check out. This potentially can be a major issue. First of all is has got to be hard on the geartrain and second if I experience a "brownout" in flight when it re-boots the controls will go hard causind a snap or even catastropic failure of the airframe at high speed. Horizion denies knowledge of this problem....anybody else ran into this yet ????? BTW when I plug in digital servos this does not happen...Also the recievers have been bound correctly. I even had a tech on line guiding me thru the process and this problem did NOT exist with my AR7000's prior to the firmware upgrades but exists now!!!! Just not as bad ????? I was so pleased with this system untill now
Thanks
Brian
Old 05-01-2008, 08:04 AM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is there a Software flaw in R921 DSM2 Receiver ???

Could it be that you are seeing the issue mentioned here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=7205338 regarding the "Quick Connect" behavior causing analog servos to jump around ?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:26 AM
bigbri
My Feedback: (287)

Yea that seems to be the problem...but it is not a "jump" it is the servos driving hard to the extreme...A call to my buddy revealed he is having the same problem with his
Old 05-01-2008, 08:45 AM
Erik R
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey buddy,
Erik here from Farview.Hope you're doing well.For what it's worth,I have a 921 in my Super Bandit,and I have a mix of dig/analog servos.I am not having the problem you describe.I am also running most of the servos off an edr 111(optical isolator/powerbox),with a seperate batt for the receiver.Hope you get it sorted out.If you ever get out this way,come fly with us.Looking forward to seeing you again.Stay well,

Erik
Old 05-01-2008, 10:01 AM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

Try this: do all your adjustments on the surfaces, then Re-bind. Make sure you have a fully chraged battery, and plug the battery in the batt1 port not the data port. When you bind, turn the Rx off first then the TX. IF all this does not work, repeat but now unplug the bind plug before you turn off the Rx...Do't ask me why, but these random acts have worked for my jet!!! and I even have ALL digital servos...read the post that Gordon Mc had posted....