Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Alternate gear for Comparf Flash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Alternate gear for Comparf Flash

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 07:24 PM
jetspud

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Alternate gear for Comparf Flash

[ul][*] [*] [*]
[/ul]Are you guys with flashes likeing the gear or have you found better alternates.. Its getting serious about buying one.. Just looking at all the options...

Also. Is there enough room for a 20oz or 30 oz in the fuse. I am looking for mabey 7min flights and didnt want the extra weight of the wing fuel tank...

David
Old 05-08-2008, 07:28 PM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Alternate gear for Comparf Flash

David my friend who just get his today and I asked same question before. Sure you can fit robart 630 with little modification but we opted for the original ones at the end. You can also consider Tam's gear he got a set for the flash a litlle more pricy than the behotec but the nose gear is direct drive no pull pull cables. Hope this help.

Alex
Old 05-08-2008, 07:44 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We expect to have the Pro-Link gear set available for the Flash and Lightning in a few weeks. These will be both complete sets or struts only which are compatible with the stock Behotec gear.
Todd
Old 05-08-2008, 07:47 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

David, you coming to Austin? Bring those wipes I like so much! If not, see you at Shreveport! We'll talk turkey.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:20 PM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

We expect to have the Pro-Link gear set available for the Flash and Lightning in a few weeks. These will be both complete sets or struts only which are compatible with the stock Behotec gear.
Todd

Todd are those struts the new strait design?

Alex
Old 05-09-2008, 01:50 PM
lov2flyrc

Yes alejandro, they will be minimal offset gear.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:42 PM
Joe McBride
My Feedback: (12)

Todd,

Do these new struts work with 8mm pins? If so are you going to get the pre-machined (with flat spots) pins?

Thanks,
Joe
Old 05-09-2008, 05:10 PM
lov2flyrc

Joe,
I am assuming you mean 8mm mounting pins? The struts will be designed to work with both the Behotec gear and our Pro-Link retracts (or any other gear with 1/2" trunion)
I am not a big fan of pin mounted struts but we are making provisions for stock gear. If I remember correctly, they actually used 6mm pins for mounting, have you drilled yours for 8mm?
Todd
Old 05-09-2008, 05:57 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

Joe,
I am assuming you mean 8mm mounting pins? The struts will be designed to work with both the Behotec gear and our Pro-Link retracts (or any other gear with 1/2" trunion)
I am not a big fan of pin mounted struts but we are making provisions for stock gear. If I remember correctly, they actually used 6mm pins for mounting, have you drilled yours for 8mm?
Todd

Hi Todd,

You took the words out of my mouth, I do not like that pin type set up either, I prefer the clamping system. I like the BVM gear with your struts, but I know those new gear you make look good as well.

I would go with a high quality gear and your trailing link struts, at least on the mains, I think the nose gears don't take that much load but if I was changing all of them out I would look at the nose gear as well.

EDIT: not to speak for the boys but after my conversations yesterday, they have indeed been drilling and reaming to 8mm, Joe McB is still having problems.