Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

C-ARf Flash T-750 turbine installation

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

C-ARf Flash T-750 turbine installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default C-ARf Flash T-750 turbine installation

Guys:

I'm in the process of the turbine installation on my C-Arf Flash and I need ideas from you on what have you done to install a similar turbine in a Flash, this due to the longer exchaust cone of the T-750 compared to a JetCat P-120. what was the distance from turbine exhaust cone end to the pipe entrance you used? I will not be using the bottom cover of the Bypass.

Please Help!

Thanks
Old 05-13-2008, 07:29 AM
speed run
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: C-ARf Flash T-750 turbine installation

I have a ram 1000 in mine and i put the back of the can 1 inch from the bell . This will allow enough air to flow and not over heat. The dim. is from the bell radius to the back of the can. I also have the full bypass and both caps with no issues and 50 flights. The exhaust nossel will go up in the pipe a little.
Thanks Mike Kirby
Blue Grass Jet Jam
Old 05-13-2008, 11:25 AM
avicom
My Feedback: (14)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Milton, speedrun just gave you same distance I told you by phone day before yesterday. 1 inch from tip of the exhaust cone to lip of the pipe not the carbon mouth. The turbine cone will be inside the carbon mouth a bit. I still sugesting you that use the bottom half of the bypass. It will help directing the airflow around the turbine for cooler runnig and help protect the top of the fuse from heat. Hurry Up and GETERDUN.

Alex
Old 05-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Ruizmilton
My Feedback: (29)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Alex:

No offense, and of course you told me the same, the issue is not the distance, but the mounting arrangement, your response did not answer the question I had. As you can see your distance is from the end of the cone to the pipe, Speedrun's is from the back of the turbine can to the bell radius, this would put the cone INSIDE the pipe.