Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Old Bobcat XL info needed..

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Old Bobcat XL info needed..

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Kelly W
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Old Bobcat XL info needed..

Hey Guys,

I've inherited a Bobcat XL / P-70 build project. Its a project that been on one bench or another for a few years now. Unfortunately the owner doesn't have the CG and control surface throw info. I have the instruction manual, but I think its missing a set of scale plans to work from...

Anyone have the CG / throw info for the old XL that they could post for me? Any other relevant info would be appreciated as well, such as rough Gyro settings, etc.

Thanks,
Kelly
Old 05-18-2008, 04:45 PM
jonathang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Old Bobcat XL info needed..

hi kelly if you contact patty at bvm they will give you all the info you need i also have a old bobcat but i think mine is a short boomed one i contacted them and they replyed with all the info i needed hope this helps regards jonathan
Old 05-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Silver182
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kelly, find a small whole in the bottom of each boom, forward of the wheels.. that small whole marks a good flyable CG point. You almost can't have too much control through on any surface.. just get as much as you can and set your rate switches for less each one so you can reduce throughs if needed. Gyro action would work best driving both rudders. Nose wheel Gyro action isn't necessary, but high sensitivity setting for both rudders will help during a nose up slowed down approach to landing.

In a way the wiggle is a good airspeed indicator...starts to wiggle and you'd better be in a good landing profile, and not slowing down too much more! You'll like the way the Bobcat flies...just a straight forward no non-sense airplane otherwise.
Lee H. DeMary
Old 05-18-2008, 05:48 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kelly, my good friend Gordon had the bright idea to put small buttonhead screws in those holes to check for CG......he's pretty smart in the "now why didn't I think of that" way.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:54 PM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sideshow

Kelly, my good friend Gordon had the bright idea to put small buttonhead screws in those holes to check for CG......he's pretty smart in the "now why didn't I think of that" way.

HAHA, that is SO TRUE! Never saw anyone put it in words like that. He sent me a tool to tighten UAT fuel line barbs, and talk about feeling inadequate from not being to visualize what he was explaining to me! [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]