Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

festo fuel filter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

festo fuel filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 10:22 PM
luckyy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default festo fuel filter

Looking at the jetcat manual it says to put the filter between thefuel pump and the shut off valve. My question is

can I put the filter between the uat and the fuel pump? this way it filters all fuel going to the pump. I never had any problems with my pump malfunctioning and geting any metal in filter. I did have a pump freez up tho, maybe dirt got in. Thanks Bill Squillace
Old 05-18-2008, 10:25 PM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Default RE: festo fuel filter

I believe the reason JetCat recommends to put the fuel pump between the pump and the valve is because the pump can produce small debris that can cause the valve to leak kero when you fuel up. If this happens and if you forget to close the manual valve, you'll get a very hot start.

Arnaud
Old 05-19-2008, 12:00 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

luckyy
acw is very correct.
The UAT contains a very fine filter membrane that does a very good job of separating the crud from the fuel before the fuel gets to the pump.
I always prefer to mount the JetCat filter in the verticle position with the outlet on the top....for obvious reasons.
All of the air in the filter will be pushed out the first time you fuel it up.
By the way, the JetCat filter is probably not a Festo brand filter. The Festos I have seen and used have blue colored plastic ends, and have a transparent plastic centerbody containing the mesh filter element. They are also backflushable, just like the JetCat filter.

Old 05-19-2008, 12:12 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the Festo filters,but be very careful. I have had two of them leak (severely) where the cap is welded/glued to the barrel. Now before I use them I smear a good bead of Hysol around the joint. Scott