Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Whip antenna and IPD RX

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Whip antenna and IPD RX

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Veritech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whip antenna and IPD RX

I am considering using my Multiplex 12ch IPD RX in my new jet and was wondering if anyone has used this with a Deans revo whip antenna. The Jet is a grass field jet with no retracts simular to a reaction 54 and such.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Whip antenna and IPD RX

I have never used my 12 ch RXs with a base loaded whip, but have flown them for years with full length whips. The range is outstanding in this configuration. Personally, I would stay away from the base loaded whip and go full length for maximum performance.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:30 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

On the other hand, I have used the Revolution with my Evo 12 IPDs in my R54, Flash, and 1/8th F16 without problems.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:39 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have, and currently am, using Deans Whip antennas on two jets and a 27% aerobatic gasser. The two jets use Multiplex 12 channel IPD RX's, and the gasser uses a standard FM PPM RX.

They have worked very well for me.

Although the Deans Whip is currently not in production, a recent conversation with the fine folks at W.S. Deans Co. elicited the information that they are working on a new version over the summer. Look for more info in the Fall. The discontinued version uses a part that has become hard to source. They are also the manufacturers of the Revolution antennas.

Regards,
...jim
Old 05-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Veritech

Great, thanks for all the info. Looks like I will be installing the one last Deans revolution I happen to have.

Hey Jim, how ya been? This is Randy from michigan. I sold you my old Black and orange BVM Viper a few years back at Michigan Jets.

Mark, my new jet is very simular to your reaction so am glad to hear you are using the same setup as I am going to be.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:39 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Randy!

I'm doing good. Haven't flown DF for a couple of years now. I did get that Viper of yours airborne year before last at Michigan Jets. One flight only though. I had a bit of difficulty landing and smacked the hay bales I was standing behind. Broke it up quite a bit. Oh well, it was still worth the $250 ($300 CDN at the time. Heh.)

I'll be at this years Michigan Jets. You?

...jim
Old 05-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Veritech

Well glad you got your $300 CDN worth out of it then. At least you got an entire flight out of it, i've had a DF only get 1/2 a flight or so before it was re-kitted.

Michigan Wets? Yeah I will be there. Hopefully with my new Shokjet and IPD receiver.

See you there,
Randy