Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

AMT USA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

AMT USA

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 02:13 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AMT USA

Has anyone talked to AMT lately? I know they were moving and makiing some changes...... does anyone have a curreent phone number???........ Lot's of questions.... need help.

Thanks guy's !!!!!!

Danno
Old 10-22-2008, 02:34 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMT USA

Danno got the bug again! Good to see it!

DR
Old 10-22-2008, 02:34 PM
jroth
My Feedback: (60)

Here is the office phone number, now US Micro Jet 513-771-5387

Please call me if I can help: 708-476-2115, John Roth

this was posted in August:

Hey Guys,
All is well with AMT . We have been in the middle of a move to our new facility and have also changed names. Our new name is (US Micro Jet, LLC.). Our new contact information will be listed below. We are very excited about our move. We have moved into the engineering facility of General Tool Company and have all that they have to offer at our disposal. See their web site at (gentool.com). This will give you some idea of how important this move was for us and our future as a company. We now have the engineering and manufacturig capabilities along with the working capital to move the company to a level that has not been seen in our industry. Look forward to new products and a level of support that has not been realized by any company in our industry. There are very exciting changes taking place at US Micro Jet, and we are very excited about our future and being able to deliver and develop a level of product that will thrust us to the forefront of the RC Industry as we are doing with our Military and Contract Customers. US Micro Jet, LLC. Will become a very powerful force in the industry and will help shape the type of product and high end quality that we believe the modelers derserve and will demand when they see what US Micro Jet, LLC. will deliver to the normal consumer and contract customer. Our new web site will be up in a matter of weeks.
Please see contact info below.

John Ligons
V/P Sales & Marketing
US Micro Jet, LLC.
Office: 513-771-JETS
Toll Free Sales: 888-894-JETS
Fax: 513-771-0397
Email: [email protected]
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
aparchment

John:

Do you still have a web site?

I tried www.usmicrojet.com, but it didn't work.

Antony
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM
jroth

Antony,

I was told by John Ligons that the new website is still under development, there should be a front page within 2 weeks.

The email addresses are working.

Let me know if you need anything and I will try to help.

John Roth
Old 10-22-2008, 09:50 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi John,
Typically how long would it take to get an AMT airstart Mercury back to me for a bearing check and/or change?
Old 10-23-2008, 06:58 AM
jroth

Mike,

I was told by the factory that the time can fluctuate, but typically there is a 5 working day turn around for a bearings only replacement.
If other repairs are necessary, the factory must contact the customer for authorization, that can take some time and the repair can take longer.

I hope this is helpful information.

John Roth
Old 10-23-2008, 08:30 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Danno

if you want to borrow my 120, its gonna be a bit i think before i get back to it. lemme know
Old 10-23-2008, 05:12 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks John !!! enjoyed the phone call. And thanks to everyone who answered the post. I'll let you know pat.. thanks for the offer.

Cheers !

Danno
Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 PM
757Driver
My Feedback: (90)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello all, I have an AMT USA AT280. Its ECU uses an 8 cell nicad pack. Just wondering if I can use an 11.1v 3 cell Li-ion pack like Fromeco's sekio servo driver?

Old 11-04-2008, 06:42 AM
jroth

Jason,

Which ECU are you using, is the engine an electric start?

I replaced my NiCd batteries with A123 batteries with a generation one ECU, I really like the A123 batteries for the ECU.

The Fromeco Li-ion batteries will also work.

John

Old 11-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

From my experience the AMT will tolerate upto 14 volts as the ECU regulates the voltage internally.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:33 AM
757Driver

Mine is an airstart. I believe my ecu is an early version. Thanks guys!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:21 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

SpringBok, is that 14 volt max for the generation one air-start ECU?
Old 11-05-2008, 10:53 AM
jroth

Woketman,

I would recommend a 12v maximum voltage on the generation one ECU, the factory says that a 4S lipo will cook the ECU.

John
Old 11-05-2008, 11:02 AM
Ray Davis
My Feedback: (1)

My 400, badly FODed, was just round-tripped in ten days. Needed a new compressor wheel and diffuser; did the bearings as well, of course, and it also has a new combustion chamber. Terrific numbers (40-pounds thrust). Engine is five years old, a lot of time on it, and is now virtually brandy new. I couldn't be more pleased!

John knows I have been USAMT's harshest critic these years 'of transition', but I truly believe US MicroJets (new name) has turned itself around. Certainly re realistic servicing and engine deliveries, etc. They've long promised new facilities and a good business plan, to be absolutley forthcoming, and ready to regain their place as a premier manufacturer. US MicroJets now seems to be implementing those promises.

My trusty old 180SP goes in next...that engine has given years of flawless service, but finally succumbed to a bearing failure. And happily, I now have every reason to believe things are again where they should be w/ this superb line of turbines.

Ray Davis
US MicroJets Field Rep
Old 11-06-2008, 02:17 AM
757Driver

Ok my EDT is V 1.21 and my ECU is V 4.4

So where do I fall in the ECU lineage? Is it old, new or middleage?

Will it handle 12volts or not?
Old 11-06-2008, 07:51 AM
jroth

757Driver,

It's not so much the version, but it is the hardware.
The first photo is a first generation, it can handle anything under 12v down to 7.2v
I do not have a second generation ECU, but it's voltage range is the same as generation one, 7.2v to 12v
The second photo is a prototype generation three ECU, the voltage range is 9.6v to 14.8v.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81627.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	1066534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj26316.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	1066535  
Old 11-06-2008, 07:01 PM
757Driver

Thanks Jroth, I have the one obviously on the left!
Old 11-20-2008, 08:23 PM
rhallgarth

1. What does it cost for a conversion to electric start?

2. What does the EDT cost since I need one.

3. What does basic service cost.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:31 PM
jroth

Hi,

The electric start conversion varies based on the version of the ECU, assuming the engine is in running condition and has the proper shaft, it can cost as little as $500.

The EDT is really optional, it is not nesessary to use an EDT for normal operations. The engines listed for sale have some generation one ECUs and some are generation two ECUs. I will check the pricing and availability for generation one and two compatible ECUs.

The cost of "Basic Service" is a difficult question to answer. I will check the price of an engine inspection and test run and post the information tomorrow.

Please call me if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks,

John Roth
708-476-2115
Old 11-21-2008, 01:43 AM
rhallgarth

ORIGINAL: jroth

Hi,

The electric start conversion varies based on the version of the shaft in the engine, assuming the engine is in running condition and has the proper shaft, it can cost as little as $500.

The EDT is really optional, it is not nesessary to use an EDT for normal operations. The engines listed for sale have some generation one ECUs and some are generation two ECUs. I will check the pricing and availability for generation one and two compatible ECUs.

The cost of "Basic Service" is a difficult question to answer. I will check the price of an engine inspection and test run and post the information tomorrow.

Please call me if I can answer any other questions.

Thanks,

John Roth
708-476-2115
Thanks for the reply John.

I would think one EDT should be good if all ECU's are the same generation or possibly even use the same communication protocol. If something happens the only way to know what happened, hopefully, is with an EDT/GSU. One cannot set up a Turbine without the EDT although these will probably run well.

What is the recommended hours before service??

Old 11-21-2008, 09:15 AM
jroth

Here is additional information:

The electric start conversion requires a generation two or generation three ECU, if an engine has a generation one ECU, the ECU must be upgraded. A generation one ECU conversion for a good engine is $850 and includes a generation three ECU. The generation two and three conversion for a good engine is $500 without an ECU change.

The EDT for generation one and two ECUs is the same. The generation three EDT is not compatible with generation one and two ECUs. Both generation one and two compatible and generation three EDTs are available for $300.
If there is an error, the generation one and two ECUs will have a series or error tones to help diagnose a problem. I flew AMT 180 engines for three years before I started using the EDT, but I understand most people like to see the digital display of RPM and EGT.

US Microjet suggests that under “normal operation” the engines should be returned to the factory every 50 to 100 hours of run time. At that time the engine will be opened for inspection, if everything is within spec, the engine will be reassembled and test run for a cost of $65. A complete disassembly, rebalance, reassembly and test run will cost $260.

I hope that I have cleared some items up, please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

John
Old 12-27-2008, 10:55 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

Hey Guys,
All is well with AMT . We have been in the middle of a move to our new facility and have also changed names. Our new name is (US Micro Jet, LLC.). Our new contact information will be listed below. We are very excited about our move. We have moved into the engineering facility of General Tool Company and have all that they have to offer at our disposal. See their web site at (gentool.com). This will give you some idea of how important this move was for us and our future as a company. We now have the engineering and manufacturig capabilities along with the working capital to move the company to a level that has not been seen in our industry. Look forward to new products and a level of support that has not been realized by any company in our industry. There are very exciting changes taking place at US Micro Jet, and we are very excited about our future and being able to deliver and develop a level of product that will thrust us to the forefront of the RC Industry as we are doing with our Military and Contract Customers. US Micro Jet, LLC. Will become a very powerful force in the industry and will help shape the type of product and high end quality that we believe the modelers derserve and will demand when they see what US Micro Jet, LLC. will deliver to the normal consumer and contract customer. Our new web site will be up in a matter of weeks.

John Ligons
V/P Sales & Marketing
US Micro Jet, LLC.
I see the wbsite has been uploaded!
Nice!

Dave

Dave
Old 12-27-2008, 10:57 AM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

[quote]ORIGINAL: rcguy!

Hey Guys,

John Ligons
V/P Sales & Marketing
US Micro Jet, LLC.
I see the website homepage has been uploaded!
Nice! Any idea when the other pages may be complete?

Dave

[/quote

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.