Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Flyeaglejet F-14 first look

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Flyeaglejet F-14 first look

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Eagle Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flyeaglejet F-14 first look

Gents,

here we go .....

first pics of the all new F-14 from Flyeaglejet .....

and a small video from the swing wing .....

[link=http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=C9AJzqEkDCc]Swing wing[/link]

Old 01-09-2009, 02:29 PM
rhallgarth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flyeaglejet F-14 first look

Wingspan and length??

Wing sweep looks to be about correct speed wise.

Looks good. Price???

Best estimates for delivery.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:34 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Not bad, but aren't the verticals supposed to have some angle to them?

Any pictures of the gear as well?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98066.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1106994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58290.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1106995  
Old 01-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Bob Toilet

ORIGINAL: rhallgarth

Wingspan and length??

Wing sweep looks to be about correct speed wise.

Looks good. Price???

Best estimates for delivery.
Check the website.

christian
Old 01-09-2009, 04:04 PM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Like this paint.

Name:	Bz79169.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	1107014   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25064.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1107015  
Old 01-09-2009, 04:11 PM
rhallgarth

Same scale as the FeiBao f-14.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Eagle Driver

as i said ..... only the prototype, not everything is finished
Old 01-09-2009, 05:05 PM
NickC5FE
My Feedback: (31)

Looks bad to the bizzone!, need some flattening agent on it though.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:09 PM
rhallgarth

You are correct so the rudders are wrong, Rudders are canted outward a few degrees. Not a lot but enough to notice. Could be the rudders are not connected fully and outward cant will show up then.

I want an F-14 this size but I am going to wait for several models to come out from different manufacturers to pick one. By the time you finish something like that it is a $15-$20K plus model and if the swept wings and the glove that covers them at connection point are not right that plane will come apart at the speeds one can get with twin 22kg turbines. This plane if fully functional needs a 12+ channel radio and every electronic goody one can think of to keep it in the air.

This plane needs to be handed to one of the people on here that has extensive experience building and flying complicated airframes. They need at least three guys to build and fly this plane hard and then return planes with suggested enhancements and changes and actually listen to them and check airframes extensively for any sign of weakness. FeiBao will do this with its list of expert builders and flyers.

Except for a harier vertical takeoff this is as complicated as it gets if everything works as it should with functional spoilers which are separated into 4 sections on each wing , flaps which are separated into 3 sections for each wing , tailerons/elevons, sweep wing time of 6.4 seconds, the ability to turn spoliers off and switch to taileron/elevon mix when wing sweep reaches 57 degrees. The slats and flaps are actually used in slow speed combat manuevering. The outer two sections of flaps drop to 10 degrees and slat droops to 8.5 degrees.

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-history-f14x.htm

a great site for all things F-14.

If you read the story on this page it will make you a little sick if you love tomcats. The F-14 super tomact was cheaper and better than the F-15E/F which required a completely new airframe but being our government why go for something cheaper and better when you can spend more money and make certain companies richer and technically NOT produce a better aircraft. I realize this is biased towards the F-14 but I have read the same many other places.

One of my favorite pictures.

http://www.anft.net/f-14/f14-photo-vf011-36.htm

Old 01-09-2009, 06:32 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks realy realy nice [sm=thumbup.gif]

Looks like there is a shadow under the tail fins on the outboard side, so they will cant outwards when installed correctly
Old 01-09-2009, 07:55 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

OH the DRAMA....complicated airframe....

Pointy end goes first, watch your roll rate with the wings swept, and get'er done.

Looks really good....consider me in line for one when the time comes....
Old 01-09-2009, 08:12 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Except for a harier vertical takeoff this is as complicated as it gets if everything works as it should with functional spoilers which are separated into 4 sections on each wing , flaps which are separated into 3 sections for each wing , tailerons/elevons, sweep wing time of 6.4 seconds, the ability to turn spoliers off and switch to taileron/elevon mix when wing sweep reaches 57 degrees. The slats and flaps are actually used in slow speed combat manuevering. The outer two sections of flaps drop to 10 degrees and slat droops to 8.5 degrees.
Are they really looking at doing the flaps, LE slats and spoilers??
Old 01-09-2009, 08:30 PM
DCM
My Feedback: (15)

You are correct so the rudders are wrong, Rudders are canted outward a few degrees. Not a lot but enough to notice. Could be the rudders are not connected fully and outward cant will show up then.

I want an F-14 this size but I am going to wait for several models to come out from different manufacturers to pick one. By the time you finish something like that it is a $15-$20K plus model and if the swept wings and the glove that covers them at connection point are not right that plane will come apart at the speeds one can get with twin 22kg turbines. This plane if fully functional needs a 12+ channel radio and every electronic goody one can think of to keep it in the air.

This plane needs to be handed to one of the people on here that has extensive experience building and flying complicated airframes. They need at least three guys to build and fly this plane hard and then return planes with suggested enhancements and changes and actually listen to them and check airframes extensively for any sign of weakness. FeiBao will do this with its list of expert builders and flyers.

If you read the story on this page it will make you a little sick if you love tomcats. The F-14 super tomact was cheaper and better than the F-15E/F which required a completely new airframe but being our government why go for something cheaper and better when you can spend more money and make certain companies richer and technically NOT produce a better aircraft. I realize this is biased towards the F-14 but I have read the same many other places.

Step back and breath a bit................Mercy. Mission impossible it's not.

David Hudson

Old 01-09-2009, 10:13 PM
rhallgarth

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Are they really looking at doing the flaps, LE slats and spoilers??
Well the Yellow F-14 had them with slats optional or not available. Why would you build the plane without spoilers and slate???
Old 01-09-2009, 10:34 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Because of pure simplicity. Taking spoilers and slats out will simplify the operation of the plane without hindering performance. I am sure the F-14 would fly fine with elevons. I am eagerly awaiting the Skymaster one, especially with the new Pro versions, should be exceptional!!
Old 01-09-2009, 10:50 PM
rhallgarth

ORIGINAL: DCM

Step back and breath a bit................Mercy. Mission impossible it's not.

David Hudson

Nobody is saying it is impossible but unless the plane is tested correctly it is a crash waiting to happen. The aerodynamics of the plane changes as the wing sweeps. There is a change in CG as wings swing back and forward. You want to bet FEJ will test this adequately?? Want to bet FEJ has the time to thoroughly test the airframe and find changes and make changes based on just someone at FEJ testing it. The only test flight I have seen of the F-15E was without rudders.

Besides the FEJ F-14 is a mute point for at least a year. They have not delivered a single F-15E as far as I know. They have the F-35 next in line. Not sure if there are others but that puts the F-14 first delivery some time in 2010 based on how they have performed so far. I believe the FeiBao F-14 will possibly be at one of early Jet meets in Florida. They also make better planes in general although I believe FEJ is trying hard and may catch up but feiBao has the advantage of extremely skilled builders and pilots testing and recommending changes to there design.

Nothing is impossible. I have learned through the years anything is possible with a thorough design and solid testing. How long did it take jack tse to get the original yellow F-14 into the air?? No offense meant to FEJ but nobody there belongs in the same room with him.

Sorry if I offended you with my comments since no offense was meant. Just a concern for doing this wonderful plane correctly.

Old 01-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Bob Toilet

Hi
Actually FEJ have just shipped out some F-15`s. Why are you so critical to all new stuff? Complaining about angle`s and gear doors etc. It is only a model plane!!! relax and have fun with it. Remember it is ARF, and in my opinion it will never be a big scale project. If you want a scale plane to be proud of, get some plans and build it yourself from scratch. And you better do perfect, or else you will be dissed here on RCU;-)

Christian
Old 01-10-2009, 02:47 AM
rhallgarth

ORIGINAL: Bob Toilet

Hi
Actually FEJ have just shipped out some F-15`s. Why are you so critical to all new stuff? Complaining about angle`s and gear doors etc. It is only a model plane!!! relax and have fun with it. Remember it is ARF, and in my opinion it will never be a big scale project. If you want a scale plane to be proud of, get some plans and build it yourself from scratch. And you better do perfect, or else you will be dissed here on RCU;-)

Christian
Just disappointed in FEJ. They should learn from FeiBao. They have builders and expert pilots and take suggestions from said experts about design and flight characteristics by giving them pre-delivery models. Hopefully they change and I do honestly believe they will get it right. I think I mentioned the rudders could be off because they might not be attached fully. I never said a word about gear doors because there was no gear and no doors visible. In defense of the person that said vertical stabs were off the outward cant in the fins is very important in the real F-14 for rudder effectiveness and yaw control. Maybe it doesn't matter in a scale aircraft.

I would guess the F-14 is going to cost around 5-6 thousand dollars from FEJ. That is a quite fair price. The swing wing mechanism, the wing box, and everything else necessary for the wing to swing is not cheep. Actually a lot of ARF jets are very scale. Tamjets, feiBao, and Skymaster are providing ARF kits that can be customized easily into very scale planes. The FEJ F-15E looks like it is quite scale. Scaling it out is actually quite fun.

Personally I have been told for a month it is close to done, done, ready to ship, and finished. I have received no photos but and this is an important but it appears the first one delivered looks really good so maybe it is good. If it is even 75% of my BVM F-86 all composite I will be happy.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:12 AM
Bob Toilet

Hi Rallgarth

I`m talking about "all" the FEJ thrads: the F-16: wrong color, seems to be no wash out etc. F-15 Something strange on the gear doors. Things like that. As i said before: It is an ARF, GO FLY, HAVE FUN

Christian
Old 01-10-2009, 04:23 AM
t33jetman
My Feedback: (1)

They must be a little bit further head on this project than they are letting on.

Looks like this one is ready to fly, ops I see no canopy is in place yet for takeoff.

I see all the doors are in place too.

William

Name:	Ki20210.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	1107454   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni24677.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	1107455   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61856.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1107456   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy78330.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	1107457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm21842.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1107458   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw66461.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1107459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47528.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	1107460  
Old 01-10-2009, 10:00 AM
David Searles
My Feedback: (49)

Hi Rallgarth

I`m talking about "all" the FEJ thrads: the F-16: wrong color, seems to be no wash out etc. F-15 Something strange on the gear doors. Things like that. As i said before: It is an ARF, GO FLY, HAVE FUN

Christian
WELL SAID!!! My feelings exactly! Throw in how little, comparitively, they cost, and it gets even FUNNER!

David S
Old 01-10-2009, 11:31 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to see the plane on its gear. It certainly looks better and a bit closer to scale than it did sitting on the table. If FEJ decides not to do the Panavia Tornado, I may just have to add the 14 to my FEJ collection.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:56 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

The F-14 looks good.. but doesn't look "right". The price is definately on point, but i'm afraid after seeing the pictures, it looks like i'm just going to have the scratch build the tomcat that "I" want (IE, completely scale). Again, it looks great, and for those who want a nice F-14 for a great price and to get it in the air quickly, this is a great option for them.
And i'm pretty sure the CG change "problem" everyone is so worried about is a bit of a mute point. Their's a few guys on here that have flown the Avonds, and the DCU/Jetmart Tomcats and from what my research has shown, they say the CG change is very negligible and it requires a slight mix. The biggest thing, is once the wings are swept back, their is less rotating mass in roll, so you have to cut the aileron rates Way down.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:10 PM
KC36330

Hi Rallgarth

Christian

some people have to b!tch and complain to have fun
Old 01-10-2009, 12:18 PM
rhallgarth

ORIGINAL: KC36330

Hi Rallgarth

Christian

some people have to b!tch and complain to have fun
When one says something about a supposedly scale ARF, we are not talking WJM scale, it is not complaining or *****ing if based in fact. It is a criticism. All I will say about the photos on the FEJ site is they are interesting and are obviously a very early prototype with just the general outline of what they intend to produce.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.