Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 wire/tubing organizers >

wire/tubing organizers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

wire/tubing organizers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: wire/tubing organizers

ORIGINAL: ianober
I got sick of airline prices too so I found a freelin-wade distributor around here and now buy my airline for $.13 a foot[X(].
WOW..... that's cheap. I need to find a local supplier for that stuff.......
Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 AM
My Feedback: (11)

What they charge for those little plastic tidy strips is outrageous
Yeah… there's profit, and then there's the feeling of getting raped.

Unless the prices come down on these doohickey's, I'm following your example and making my own from now on.

Same applies with many parts. I remember when I first got into turbines and I was looking for a Festo ball-valve connector for my Raptor. CAI wanted $35 for it. Seemed ridiculous, so I looked around and found it for $9 direct from Festo. If the RC dealer had charged $15 (still a decent profit) I would not have gone looking for a cheaper source / solution. Same with airline, which I buy for 13c a foot instead of the 68c or so per foot that some dealers want, same for nuts & bolts, circlips, safety-wire, glue, etc., etc. I'm willing to pay a bit extra to support the RC stores that help us out, but there is a limit.

Gordon
Old 03-18-2009, 11:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Gonzalo38

I got sick of airline prices too so I found a freelin-wade distributor around here and now buy my airline for $.13 a foot[X(].
WOW..... that's cheap. I need to find a local supplier for that stuff.......
I don't see a dealer in Chile for the Freelin Wade stuff, but their web site says to contact them directly for help : http://www.freelin-wade.com/distributor_locator.php

You have to buy 50ft minimums of the airline from these guys (100ft for some of the fuel lines), but with the enormous cost savings, even if you use only 15ft of that in your whole lifetime, you are probably ahead (unless shipping to Chile kills the deal for you)

As well as airline, they do 3mm, 4mm and 6mm fuel line, etc.

Part #s : 1/8" airline 1j-157- xx where you replace the xx with a 2-digit number for the color (e.g. 05 = red ; 07 = blue etc) ; 6mm fuel line, clear, 1J-158-10 ; 4mm 1J-156-10, etc. They also do some tubing retainers.

Gordon
Old 03-18-2009, 11:37 AM

Gordon:

Thanks for the tip. I will see if we can do a group buy and then bring the stuff back in my next trip to the US.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:55 PM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: lov2flyrc

ORIGINAL: causeitflies

Let me know too. I get tired of trying to modify the Tidy Strips. Do you have a size for twisted HD servo wire?
Mark, curious... Just what exactly are you modifying with a tidy strip for use??
I should explain that I only have two sizes of the tidy strips, one for airline and one for servo wire. Most of my servo wire is twisted and the airline strips do work well for this. What I modified was the airline strip for larger tubing or larger wire by reaming.

I know that the strips and clips come in different sizes but I never know what I'll need til the time arises, so I modify what I have. Now the idea of a variety pack is great because for the small amount I use (I only have three jets) should last a while and the next time I need some I'll know the exact sizes to order.

I didn't mean to infer that the Tidy Strips didn't work as intened but I'm always up for alternatives including rolling my own or supporting someone else who does.
Old 03-18-2009, 04:30 PM
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, I've been making my own stuff for years. My rule of thumb when dealing with some of the RC outfits is, unless they are manufacturing it themselves, I can probably buy it cheaper from the source. It takes a lot of time to do that, but in the end, I feel like I'm getting a better value. I'm not sure what what these retailers are adding for my dollars, it's unusual that I would have a question they can answer.

I think I'm the one who discovered the Freelin Wade secret.

Glad you guys like that one. It's the same air line that BV and Dreamworks sell, so far as I know. I get it for .07 a foot down here, I buy 500 foot at a time though.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And the four Yorshire men said:.....................

Mike
Old 03-18-2009, 07:57 PM

The Freelin Wade secret ? I guess is not a secret anymore

This is the quote I received from them.

Fre-Thane 95A Polyurethane
Model: 1J-157-05
Quantity: 1 -
$.174 / ft ($8.70 / 50ft bag)

I will be ordering several colors.

Thanks guys.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:04 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The UAT mount, simple yet effective! I am going to tweak it a little bit so that there are ears that retain the velcro, I did not have room in the F-84 so I left them off. $6

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40122.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1161505   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43270.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	1161506   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pv52994.jpg
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1161507   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12277.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	1161508  
Old 03-20-2009, 08:47 AM

Now if they had the retract valves...mmmmm
k
Old 03-20-2009, 10:02 AM

Chris,

UAT mount is a good idea, been looking to make one myself. Q: How about one which can be side mounted, fitted the fuselage sides or to a former etc?

marcs
Old 03-20-2009, 12:19 PM

Check out the F-84 thread I am doing and you can see the mountst that I did for the bomb triggers and retract valve mounts. I will try to post some pics tonight when I get off work.

I can do up a side mount, I will do one up and see what you guys think. Thanks for the interest!

Chris
Old 03-20-2009, 01:52 PM

Here are the custom mounts for retracts, speedbrake and bomb release.

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26309.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1161918   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fb87916.jpg
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	1161919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rw57026.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	1161920  
Old 03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
My Feedback: (12)

Very cool! Man I have got to get my CNC machine up and running!!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:25 PM

You running a laser, router???? I have a CNC foam cutter too, they are lots of fun when they are not being a pain in the butt!

Chris
Old 03-20-2009, 03:52 PM

Chris,

On the UAT mount, can you make more of a surface to mount the mount. There doesn't seem to be a good way to secure the mount.

Thanks.

Chad
Old 03-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: SinCityJets

Chris,

On the UAT mount, can you make more of a surface to mount the mount. There doesn't seem to be a good way to secure the mount.

Thanks.

Chad
Make a mount for the mount...
Old 03-20-2009, 04:58 PM

I believe that the existing design would hold, if the plane hit hard enough to knock it loose, I think the UAT coming loose would be the least of your problems! I will throw a plate on the bottom for you guys if that is what you want.

Chris
Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 PM
My Feedback: (12)

I have a kit for a CNC router and I just converted my 7 x 12 lathe to CNC so I am looking forward to making some custom parts to Chris. I just need more practice on the "cutting" part.[:@] Still tuning all the motors and what not, would love to have a laser cutter someday though.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:42 PM

I have been dreaming up a way to convert the laser to where I can run a router set-up on it too, kind of 2 in 1 machine. I want to be able to run carbon fiber and thick G10 fiberglass. I am still manual machining, but my brother has a brand new HAAS SL20 CNC Lathe the family machine shop. I am waiting on a bunch of heavy duty clunks that I had him load in the machine. What software are you running for the controller?

The laser is awesome but it cost me an arm, leg and my first born lol!

Chris
Old 03-20-2009, 07:31 PM
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: fast jets

Why does this not surprize me? I just came back from Florida Jets and had another surprize there as well. I am getting tired of this and must say that I don't feel like coming up with new things any more.

We have had tidystrips in all kinds of sizes for a long time, including 4mm and 6mm or 1/4". Fuel pump mounts, also the twisted servo wire will fit the air line tube tidy strip. We also sell just about everthing through dealers so that it is easy for you guys to buy from your favorte dealer. These part time basement copy cats are just killing the ones that do it full time, sorry but I am just about feed up and seriously thinking about not bring any of the new items that I am working on to the market.

John

Model Avaition Products

Really? You're tired of it hey? Well, let me say something about it.....

YOU didn't come up with the Tidy Strip!!! The Tidy Strip was MY idea, probably 6 years or so ago. I came up with the idea, I made the first ones, the smoked clear plastic laser cut ones. I told Dean about them and he liked the idea, I offered the idea to him for nothing through Helijet RC. We were laser cutting them which wasn't cost effective. That's when you came into the picture and they started out being molded instead. Well, I won't get into all the other BS on the forum as it's not the place for it, but I know that Dean got stung on the whole deal with them by you as well.
Guess what I got out of the Tidy strip deal? NOTHING!!! I never asked for anything, never even got any of the molded tidy strips, I still have about 1000 of the laser cut ones here mind you. Hell, I didn't even get credit for the design outside of appreciation from Dean, it was never an LGM Product, it was a Helijet product, so stop *****ing about how the basement copy cats are making it tougher for you when it wasn't your idea to begin with. Since I came up with the tidy strip I've seen multiple variations of it made by multiple manufactures, kind of makes me which I'd applied for a design patent when I came up with it, but for what, the tiny profit margin that I'd have gotten? Hardly worth it compared to the cost of the Patent, especially when China will eventually steal it anyway, but hearing you complain about somebody else be able to make the same product is a joke.

So yeah, I'm choked, not about Chris making tidy strip variations, but over you making it sound like it was YOUR idea and it's YOU that are getting ripped off in this instance.

Jeremy
Old 03-20-2009, 08:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Jeremy is correct.

Jeremy and I have legal / definitive proof that the TIDYSTRIP concept was never that of Mr John Weibe ( MAP / Valley Mold ) Mr. Weibe was simply the supplier that manufactured the second generation TIDYSTRIP for www.helijet.ca . I am not prepared to go into details of our soured business relationship.

If Mr. Chris Reiter wishes to produce a like TIDYSTRIP product he has permission from Jeremy and I. There will be no legal action or patent infrigment issues etc.

Thank you RC Universe for the opportunity to clear this matter.
There will be no further remarks from www.helijet.ca on this matter.

Regards
Dean Wichmann
Old 03-20-2009, 08:30 PM

Indeed, Jeremy - I recall you coming up with the idea, back in 2004 or so. Sorry to hear that you didn't get anything out of the deal - given how much those things cost, it's ridiculous that you don't see a single penny of the purchase price.

Gordon
Old 03-20-2009, 08:51 PM
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

Indeed, Jeremy - I recall you coming up with the idea, back in 2004 or so. Sorry to hear that you didn't get anything out of the deal - given how much those things cost, it's ridiculous that you don't see a single penny of the purchase price.

Gordon

Gordon,
Just to clear that up, I never asked for anything from them, Dean Wichmann from Helijet RC is a very good friend of mine, one who has given me countless hours of advice and help over the years. Further to that, he has always given me the best deals on engines, parts, etc that he can. I have received many great deals, and free product from Dean over the years. The Tidystrip idea was given to him as a thank you for all that he has done for me. I know that when they were first being sold, there was very little markup on the tidystrips as the cost of laser cutting them was expensive with material, what the cost ended up being with injection molding I don't know.

At any rate, I just don't want anything thinking I was treated unfairly with the product from Dean or Helijet RC, that certainly was never the case. However, Mr Weibe has taken the product and idea as though it was his own, and did some IMO unethical things with the product in regards to the business relationship with Helijet. Now to see him coming on here and blasting away like it was his idea was a piss off and the reason I posted.

I have never met Chris as far as I remember, but from what I know of him he is an honorable person and I'm sure if I asked, he would at least credit me with the idea of the tidy strip.

To be honest, I am surprised nobody came up with it before I did, they're just a miniature spark plug wire loom...

Jeremy
Old 03-20-2009, 09:47 PM

Jeremy, you are darn right I would! Thanks

Chris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.