Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ F-14 Function Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ F-14 Function Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:38 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: FEJ F-14 Function Video

me likes... wish I could afford one right now. My FEJ F-16 flew flawlessly at MAB this past weekend. They make nice stuff for the $$ you spend.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:57 PM
jet time
My Feedback: (75)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ARA,
It has been about 6 weeks for me, but they were working out some "bugs" on them. Mine was one of the first orders in...I think they have a bit of a back log now. WORTH the wait I am sure!!!
As for motors, I am putting in Jet Cat P-120 SX's (30lbs ea.). They also say that you can use the P-160's as well (36lbs). Can't remember what the Rhino's blow, but I hope these #'s help.
Keep in touch and watch the forum. I will post all I can about mine when I get it. Glad you jumped on the F-14 band wagon!!!
Talk to you soon,
Lowell
Old 05-05-2009, 02:39 AM
mickle

ORIGINAL: jet time

ARA,
It has been about 6 weeks for me, but they were working out some "bugs" on them. Mine was one of the first orders in...I think they have a bit of a back log now. WORTH the wait I am sure!!!
As for motors, I am putting in Jet Cat P-120 SX's (30lbs ea.). They also say that you can use the P-160's as well (36lbs). Can't remember what the Rhino's blow, but I hope these #'s help.
Keep in touch and watch the forum. I will post all I can about mine when I get it. Glad you jumped on the F-14 band wagon!!!
Talk to you soon,
Lowell
I think you could be waiting a bit longer yet, mine has now been on order since about the 20th January, so that's about 15 weeks so far, I have no complaints about this and am prepared to wait, it's going to be one great model.

I placed the order and paid within a day of the F14 coming on the market, James also asked what scheme I would like the plane to be if I didn't like what was on the website, so I sent him the Black Bunny Scheme to which he replied they couldn't do that scheme at that time, so to me it's Greeeaaat that they have picked it up and run with it.

Just took delivery of my 1/7th scale F15E from fly eagle and I must say it's very well built, the new retracts seem to work well, I'm planning to use 2-16kg thrust turbines in each plane.

Glenn.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:35 AM
ARA-Jet
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Rhino is the same class as the P160. I have one Rhino so it would be cheaper just to get me one more Rhino for power.

BTW, I notice there are multiple threads for the F14 - which one do you (Lowell) anticipate updating with your building progress?
Please keep me in the loop.
Thanks,
Amir
Old 05-05-2009, 06:46 AM
ARA-Jet
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello,
do you have any more of your stuff left for sale? you have a list or link to the list w/the prices?
thanks,
Old 05-05-2009, 11:19 AM
FirebirdCdr2

Mr DJ,

That was great!!! Is there a video of it flying?? I would love to see that Tomcat in action.

Firebird
Old 05-05-2009, 12:07 PM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Ian, are you going to be at LA Jets? I will have it there. I don't think I will have time to get it done by then, but at least I will have it there for all to see and photograph! I am stoked as well...can't wait.

As for the 50 flights....I just hope I make it that far!!!! If it flys anything like the Yellow and the DCU 14's it should be pretty nice. With the wings out, they flew like trainers...with the wings swept, they were like darts!!! Anyway, it's on it's way and only time will tell now!

Wex

I am going to try and make it down even if I don't bring a plane. Would love to give the 14 a good looking over.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:39 PM
jet time

Ian, I look forward to seeing you there. I'm sure there will be plenty for you to fly!

Amir, I will either leave it here or start a new one on it. Also, I think the Rhino's will be great in there. I also thought about putting the 160's in mine as I do have a new SX I am not using.
Should be good either way.

Lowell
Old 05-05-2009, 02:07 PM
tralalala

ORIGINAL: Countryboy

Thomas,

If the carry through structure on the FEJ F-14 looked like this...then I would be concerned. Look's like a very robust pivot, but check out the mounting platform.
The swing geometry on that does not appear to be correct either.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:46 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: ARA-Jet

Hello,
do you have any more of your stuff left for sale? you have a list or link to the list w/the prices?
thanks,
Jet, what up...

Sure, go here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=511150

Will try to post much more tonight.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: FirebirdCdr2

Mr DJ,

That was great!!! Is there a video of it flying?? I would love to see that Tomcat in action.

Firebird
Firebird

Glad you like itflying version coming soon
Old 05-05-2009, 05:25 PM
FirebirdCdr2

Mr Dj,

Cool, Cant wait to see that vid.[8D]

Firebird
Old 05-05-2009, 09:42 PM
RC Invasion
My Feedback: (34)

Nice! I really like it congratulations on the plane. The only thing you need is ejection seats.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:06 AM
Mr DJ

Black Playboy F-14 Takeoff and Landing ONLY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsERpGFZrLc
Old 05-06-2009, 10:45 AM
jet time

DJ, good video. Now maybe some of the skeptics will have a new view of the progress that FEJ has done and are doing. Mine is on the way now and should be here in about a week or so. I'll keep you posted on the build.

Glenn, I had to pay extra for the Bunny scheme. They didn't have it at the time either but I got them to do it special. Now it's a production model! It should look good next to my Bunny F-4!

Lowell
Old 05-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Mr DJ

DJ, good video. Now maybe some of the skeptics will have a new view of the progress that FEJ has done and are doing. Mine is on the way now and should be here in about a week or so. I'll keep you posted on the build.

Lowell
Lowell, my Man… Let’s hope so. You, I, and a bunch of others know that FEJ is on their job and are improving all the time. And for the prices they are charging, no one should complain, but you, I, and a bunch of others know that no matter what, someone will complain, but like I said somewhere above, life continues.

Folks, have you placed your orders yet? This is the bird to get; to get for now until I (hopefully) convince FEJ to produce the Saab J-35 Draken – I’m working on it.

So, Lowell, yours will be in soon – Kool Beans. I actually was the first to order but since I’m a Rep, it pleases me to step back and let you guys get yours first and have much fun. If you’ve seen my video, you’ll know that I’ve plenty birds to build, so receiving mine in a hurry is not a priority. My brother, Stefan: Eagle Driver, in Germany will also do a build thread or he may just throw his photos here or wherever you post yours. Everyone builds a little differently, seeing builds from many is a good thing.

The above video is now on FEJ’s site; I may have a newer one real soon; soon as I have it, you’ll have it. I’m excited about this puppy, and if the Draken becomes a reality, I’ll probably pee on myself [X(]

Old 05-06-2009, 11:50 AM
jet time

Dj, go clean yourself up!! I am sure they will do it if enough of us ask. It's a cool ship. I agree with you, everyone builds a bit different, and I know I learn new tricks from everyone I meet. I look forward to doing the build with all that have them.
I'll keep you posted.

Thanks again,
Lowell
Old 05-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Peter Liebetrau

Thomas,

If the carry through structure on the FEJ F-14 looked like this...then I would be concerned. Look's like a very robust pivot, but check out the mounting platform.

Attachments
Click to see fullsize image.
Click for fullsize

Hello Thomas,
that is Made in Austria by Manfred Eberhard. It is his new Creation ..........a big Tornado

Best Regards
Peter
Old 05-06-2009, 01:54 PM
tralalala

Ah, it's a Tornado... that explains the swing geometry.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:52 PM
USSCAT

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

Were the wings ever retracted during flight? Or was this the first flight and more to come?

Regards,
Mike
Old 05-06-2009, 03:10 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Glenn, I had to pay extra for the Bunny scheme. They didn't have it at the time either but I got them to do it special. Now it's a production model! It should look good next to my Bunny F-4!

Lowell

Lowell,
Is the span wise rectangular looking piece on the aft side of the rear swing wing pivot the cross bracing you mentioned earlier?

thomas
Old 05-06-2009, 03:56 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Where is the big bolt in cross brace?

Did they raise the gear during the flight? I could not tell.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: USSCAT

ORIGINAL: Mr DJ

Were the wings ever retracted during flight? Or was this the first flight and more to come?

Regards,
Mike
Mike

No Sir, wings were straight out. Yes, more video coming...
Old 05-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Mr DJ

ORIGINAL: mr_matt

Where is the big bolt in cross brace?

Did they raise the gear during the flight? I could not tell.
Matt

You didn't see it? It is thin somewhat in the video but it was right there - take another look and make it full screen. The gear appeared to me to be down.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:51 PM
jet time

Thomas,
Mine will be here in about 7 days. I will get some good shots and post them for all. This way, I can look at it and describe it better once I get my hands on it.
Thanks,
Lowell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.