Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
 HONEYWELL 2000W GENERATOR @ HOME DEPOT >

HONEYWELL 2000W GENERATOR @ HOME DEPOT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

HONEYWELL 2000W GENERATOR @ HOME DEPOT

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 10:54 AM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts
Default RE: HONEYWELL 2000W GENERATOR @ HOME DEPOT

yup, didn't think about the families who would be exposed. pretty dull rumble for the most part although...what some consider noise others consider music.

cheers
buck

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews
Well my wife and friends who don't fly can hear them. Me to when I go in for a break out of the sun etc. Its annoying to me to have to hear generators all day. If they were kept out of the way in front of the RV's that would be different. But inevitabley someone always brings these things right by all of their setup equipment under the tent etc.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:55 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: TUMBLER

Been there, done that. Works fine if you are chargine smaller batteries. I have a big car battery I have been using and it is not enough to be charging 6s 5000's all day. So then I have to end up charging off the car. My jets take 2 6s 5000's so I charge them both together along with a couple other smaller batteries and the battery doesn't last that long. Rather than get a second one to wire together it is much easier to get a generator. No charging....just add gas and go!

ORIGINAL: KXH121

Does anyone still have one of these for sale? Thanks in advance for reply.
nope my car battery works just fine thank you. Doesn't need gas, is quiet and smaller. I can charge batteries, run power tools and I don't have to hear that annoying motor all damn day at the rally.
You might want to be careful charging from your car... Look at district X Report in the back of the November Model Aviation magazine.... NOW THATS A FIRE !!!!!! I bet the wife was pissed !!!!

Danno
no not charging from my car. Its a separate battery that I carry. No problem at all. lol, I know not to do that, especially based on that report.
[/quote]

[/quote]

ok if you are using those high powered ducted fan electric batteries I can see the need for it.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:23 AM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me, the generator was a LAST resort!

[/quote]

ok if you are using those high powered ducted fan electric batteries I can see the need for it.
[/quote]
Old 11-03-2009, 11:24 AM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

In all honesty, Generators are not needed near like the used to.. Most all the flying sites have power for R.V.'s and plenty of plugs in the pit area.. I had to use Generators 2 weeks a go in Breckenridge, Tx. because it was at a full scale airport, and the first year for for an R.C. event... Other than that it has been several years since Generators were the only option for me...
Can't please all the people all the time !!! I've noticed where generators was the only power, the people who refuse to invest in their own Generator are the first ones to come over and ask if they can plug in !!! If I got room, of course they can !!!! But don't tongue lash us for having and useing our equipment..

My .02 cents worth....

Danno
Old 11-03-2009, 02:01 PM

question for you guys that have one of these. I noticed that the breaker button does not click on her off. Is that normal? I have not tried to put oil or gas in it. I just took it out of the box and noticed the buttom is just spring loaded but does not click on or off and stay in any other position except sticking out.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 11-03-2009, 02:05 PM
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: t33jetman

Andy Andrews , What was the need for you to answer this man's question for ? , You made yourself quit clear in this thread you where not interested in this purchase. The question was if any are still available to purchase and you did not have the proper answer to his question just your bias to using battery power.

TUMBLER: Try asking Mark: [email protected]

He helped out me and alot of guys to purchase this generator. I mean what gain is there by having them verses a battery and a inverter?

William

Does anyone still have one of these for sale? Thanks in advance for reply.
nope my car battery works just fine thank you. Doesn't need gas, is quiet and smaller. I can charge batteries, run power tools and I don't have to hear that annoying motor all damn day at the rally.

lol, because I'm trying to deter people from buying them and using them at rallys.

Ya , see if that will work , and I got a bridge in Florida I can sell you for a $1.00 too.

William

Old 11-03-2009, 02:09 PM

ORIGINAL: TUMBLER

question for you guys that have one of these. I noticed that the breaker button does not click on her off. Is that normal? I have not tried to put oil or gas in it. I just took it out of the box and noticed the buttom is just spring loaded but does not click on or off and stay in any other position except sticking out.

Thanks,

Brian
Brian,

Fill her with oil and gas and run her to find out if everything works ok, that is what I did with the one I got and all works just fine. I use mine alot now.

William
Old 11-03-2009, 02:17 PM

I was just wondering if the switch was broken before I even try to start ot to avoid any hassles bringing it back. I just watched a vid of it running on youtube. It is certainly a lot louder than I expected.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:37 PM

Your warrenty will cover even if you start it up. How else do they expect you to know if it works if you don't start it.

The 12 volt breaker button is loose till it trips and it will stick stright out at you and you will have to push it back in to reset it.

William
Old 11-03-2009, 02:52 PM
My Feedback: (20)

So,
Is any one still able to buy these? If so I am interested in getting one and paying you for the shipping and trouble. Thanks all....got it Andy.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 PM
My Feedback: (22)

They are still available at most Home Depot stores for $ 299.00.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:55 PM
My Feedback: (20)

In Cali or Fl? They are not available here in North Carolina, I spent the afternoon looking within 150 miles of my location (Charlotte, Raleigh, Winston Salem, Greensboro etc.). Thanks
Old 11-04-2009, 01:32 AM

you have to have power going through it for the switch to work......fire that baby up...lol
Old 11-04-2009, 02:03 AM

Why would I pay $700 for that when I can get http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Ge...atalogId=10053 for under $200 at the same rating?!?!?!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:15 PM

Well she runs!!! 3 pulls and ran flawlessly. Sure holds a lot of gas. There isn't any reason why I couldn't just fill it up/top it off at the gas station on the way to the field is there? Easier than having to get the gas can filled all the time.

Thanks,

Brian
Old 11-05-2009, 10:37 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Ge...atalogId=10053 here is the link... its 700 bucks. Back to the honda..
Old 11-05-2009, 10:45 PM

It has always been listed much higher online. It was only $299 in stores/

ORIGINAL: gooseF22

http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Ge...atalogId=10053 here is the link... its 700 bucks. Back to the honda..
Old 11-05-2009, 10:48 PM

That one has a higher DB rating. If sound is not an issue, it looks like a great deal!

ORIGINAL: aerofly0610

Why would I pay $700 for that when I can get http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Ge...atalogId=10053 for under $200 at the same rating?!?!?!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 AM

Stick to the Question please.......KXH121 needs your help.

Does anyone out there, Seen or know of a "Home Depot" still selling this generator in your state for the price of $299.00?

Please PM or let KXH121 know so he can purchase one please.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:19 AM

Why do we have to "stick" to one specific question in a discussion forum? If anyone knew a place to get one, they would post it.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:36 AM

So,
Is any one still able to buy these? If so I am interested in getting one and paying you for the shipping and trouble. Thanks all....got it Andy.

Tumbler, glad to here you got yours and it is working fine.

Now lets help KXH121 a WAR VETERAN, who just got home to get one like the rest of us got ours if it is still possible at the price of $299.00

His e-mail to me:

"I am still
looking for a generator so I can charge batteries for a new YA Starfire I am
building. I missed out on the initial thread because I was deployed to
Afghanistan. I just got back 3 weeks ago. I see you have been flying the Bandits
quite alot, have fun they are great jets. Take care and fly safe."

v/r
Kenneth Hartsfield

William
Old 11-06-2009, 08:26 AM

If someone finds one, I am sure they would be glad to help him a nd let him know, but that is no reason to stop all other discussion especially as it relates to alternative generators for people that can't find the Honeywell. The thread should not be limited to one question at a time, I have never heard of that.

ORIGINAL: t33jetman

So,

Tumbler, glad to here you got yours and it is working fine.

Now lets help KXH121 a WAR VETERAN, who just got home to get one like the rest of us got ours if it is still possible at the price of $299.00

His e-mail to me:

''I am still
looking for a generator so I can charge batteries for a new YA Starfire I am
building. I missed out on the initial thread because I was deployed to
Afghanistan. I just got back 3 weeks ago. I see you have been flying the Bandits
quite alot, have fun they are great jets. Take care and fly safe.''

v/r
Kenneth Hartsfield

William
Old 11-06-2009, 09:04 AM
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Saw one yesterday in a Tulsa Okla Home Depot for 299. Looks like it is probably thier last one. Box wasn't the freshest but I guess the Gen would be OK.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:06 AM

The box mine came in was beat up as well and had been opened. I made sure I could take it back if there was a problem and they said...no problem just keep your receipt. So I would go for it!

ORIGINAL: sailing1

Saw one yesterday in a Tulsa Okla Home Depot for 299. Looks like it is probably thier last one. Box wasn't the freshest but I guess the Gen would be OK.