Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Digitech - Boomerang Nano Gear

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Digitech - Boomerang Nano Gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:31 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: Digitech - Boomerang Nano Gear

ORIGINAL: Socomon

Greetings Sandor and others:

I have two questions about my landing gear if I may:

1) In the first photo, the red arrow is pointing to a cap head screw on the strut. It seems to me that turning this screw adjusts the tension of the trailing link spring. Is this correct? Is there an optimal adjustment?

2) It is very hard to see in the second photo, but a less-than-perfect landing put some side load on my gear and they are both bent slightly toward one side as indicated by the red arrows. Is there any way to bring these back to straight?

Thanks as always for your help.

Steve

those are fubar...

but ok you got warranty , so i owe you a new set of oleo,s.
next time try to land forward and not sideways.
is it ok if you pay for the shipping? i pay for the new oleo,s incl a set of spare springs , these had it
it looks you got some sideway forces come into it , this is new for me your the first with these oleo,s to actualy bend them.
strong little plane.
Old 03-31-2010, 04:54 AM
gruntled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Digitech - Boomerang Nano Gear

ORIGINAL: digitech

ORIGINAL: Socomon

Greetings Sandor and others:

I have two questions about my landing gear if I may:

1) In the first photo, the red arrow is pointing to a cap head screw on the strut. It seems to me that turning this screw adjusts the tension of the trailing link spring. Is this correct? Is there an optimal adjustment?

2) It is very hard to see in the second photo, but a less-than-perfect landing put some side load on my gear and they are both bent slightly toward one side as indicated by the red arrows. Is there any way to bring these back to straight?

Thanks as always for your help.

Steve

those are fubar...

but ok you got warranty , so i owe you a new set of oleo,s.
next time try to land forward and not sideways.
is it ok if you pay for the shipping? i pay for the new oleo,s incl a set of spare springs , these had it
it looks you got some sideway forces come into it , this is new for me your the first with these oleo,s to actualy bend them.
strong little plane.
Sandor:

I am not proud of being the first person to accomplish this. They say that somepeople could break an anvil - i must be one of them.

Thank you very much for offering to replace the oleos. That is very generous of you. I sent you a PayPal for the spring the other day, just let me know how much to add for shipping the struts I will send it to you right away. Hopefully it is pretty easy to install the new ones.

Steve