Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic 2.4 RF diagnostic tool

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 07:58 PM
zl1wn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oli, and all the others,Thanks for your advice here is another question on the BAT60.
I have the ailerons going the correct way, but if I try crow, or butterfly one goes up and the other down, whereas of course they should both move the same way.
Where in the BAT60 do I find the details to make them work in the correct manner.
Regards
Ross
Old 11-26-2014, 07:10 PM
zl1wn

Has anyone tried a BAT60 in the direct sunlight. This morning I was trying to set up the Nimbus and the screen is totally unreadable.
I then checked with my Samsung Galaxy tab 2 and that screen is fully readable and so is the screen on my Graupner MX24s.
Not being able to read the screen on the BAT60 will be a real difficulty if trying to read the telemetry.
Comments
Ross
Old 11-27-2014, 12:17 AM
richbran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hooking up a jet engine.

I have been flying my Tuono jet with an IQ Hammer (with Projet ECU and terminal) successfully for two years now. With an older Futaba FC28 /DV3 module, but a 12-22 receiver.
Now I am converting to an FX30/DV4BT and I cannot get the ECU programmed (Throttle/trim positions), after the last entry (Full throttle signal) it botches. I tried many settings in GC and the Xmtr, like steepening or flattening the servo line or reversing it. No joy.
I wonder if any jet pilot has had problems also with setting up a jet engine?
Old 11-27-2014, 01:00 AM
tms-ger

Hi Ross,

in _direct_ sunlight, it might be a problem to read the display clearly. For me, it helped when I moved myself in that way, so I get some body shadow on the display. The problem only occurs in direct sunlight for me. Reading the relative big numbers for telemetry is not so difficult as looking at the fine graphs for setup; at least for me...

Simple Mono-LCDs do not have that problem; but if I had the chance to choose if I want to have a YETI-TX-Style mono display (regardless of its bad resolution) on may BAT or the Hi-Res color LCD... you know the answer ;-) Samsung is a premium display developer/manufacturer and hardly to beat. The development continues rapidly. I think there will be a "revision 2" of the BATxx in some non-specific time from now, which will have an again better display fitted, beside other improvements. That is the normal evolutionary way with high tech electronics; see cellpohnes etc. But that doesn´t irritate me. All other options would mean that there is no development :-)

best regrads from germany

Tom
Old 11-27-2014, 04:58 AM
richbran

After 2hrs more trouble shooting I could solve the problem
After nothing seemed to work, I finally reconnected with the old Xmtr, lo and behold, it worked still, the engine reacted after passing again through the learning menu.
I copied the readout on the ECU terminal and connected the new FX30/DV4BT again. Watching the data on the ECU Terminal in the engine learning mode I fiddled around with both the WEA Software and the Xmtr Endpoints, so that I got the same values as with the old setup.
Which value was not OK previously I dunno, anyhow these values work, so if someone else runs into the same problems with a Projet ECU, try these:

Trim and Throttle both CLOSE: 2847/0.6ms
Trim OPEN and Throttle CLOSED: 3493/0.8ms
Trim OPEN and Throttle OPEN: 8403/2.1ms
Old 11-27-2014, 07:33 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zl1wn
I have the ailerons going the correct way, but if I try crow, or butterfly one goes up and the other down, whereas of course they should both move the same way.
Where in the BAT60 do I find the details to make them work in the correct manner.
First, can you send a picture of how you did setup the crow function?
Old 11-27-2014, 08:14 PM
zl1wn

Sorry Oli, that is one item I am still trying to work out how to get crow.
Changing the subject slightly, in order to set up each wing surface do I need a function set up for each surface, (as in gigacontrol) whereas butterfly combines both flap surfaces.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Ross

ps: Tom, re the screen you are correct, but I am surprised that there aren't better screens available.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:39 AM
olnico

Sorry, Ross. I do not understand your question.
Old 11-28-2014, 11:58 AM
zl1wn

Hi Oli,
I probably have 2 questions, (well possibly more as I work my way through the BAT60) , but lets keep to one question first.
Each wing has 4 control surfaces, (plus airbrake of course),2 ailerons 2 flaps, with a servo on each. I am using mode 1 with the airbrake and flap control
on the "throttle". I have the airbrakes mixed with the flaps and that works well.
My problem is as I move the stick towards me, the flaps should both go down together. This works perfectly on the right wing, both the inner and outer flap move
downwards, but on the left wing the flaps are in reverse, and move upwards. not what I want.
So how do I make the left hand flaps work correctly?
I have tried changing the direction of the flap in Curve edit but this does not work.
So what am I doing wrong.

Regards
Ross
Old 12-02-2014, 08:52 PM
zl1wn

Hi all, after much effort and learning about the BAT60, I now have a Paritech Nimbus 4 with 15 servos, and 2 micro 12,s all programmed. It has taken a lot of time but it now all works as it should. The advice about using an ammeter helped a lot.
I know a lot of effort has gone into the programming by the programmers at Weatronics, and they have made a fine product yes there are still improvements to come which should make programming of individual models easier.

best wishes
ross
Old 12-03-2014, 08:07 PM
zl1wn

Rechecking the control surface movement, I noticed that the left 2 ailerons were not moving as much as the right 2 ailerons, even though they were all set up together.
So a question; should I set up a separate function for each aileron or possibly group the 2 left ailerons in one function and the 2 right in another. That would enable me to adjust
each aileron separately (or 2 as a group). Note Gigacontrol has this facility as you can adjust each aileron separately.
Your comments please.

Best wishes
Ross
Old 12-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Got my Bat 60.
Started to setup a prop trainer for testing. The hardware is ok for me, with the exception maybe of the rocker switches. I'm not sure if they are two positions, or three positions (when setting them for a function, they seem to be 3 position but can quite get the middle one).

Tried to setup a timer, but no luck. After selecting the start,stop and reset switch, the timer does not do anything. Any idea?
Also,anyone knows if the timer can work (or will work in the future) with the throttle stick as a control? That a great feature of Futaba.

Lastly, do we have to wait for a new firmware to be able to use the integrated gyros and mux box? There is not screen in the transmitter for those.
Old 12-13-2014, 12:42 PM
Pantherman

Edgar, you can control the timer through the throttle. First you need to create a virtual switch with the throttle. Then you assign the timer start function to that virtual switch. You can adjust the trigger point on the throttle through the virtual switch settings. Hope that helps.

Woody
Old 12-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Edgar Perez

Hi Woody,
Thanks for the pointer. I was able to setup the virtual switch. However my timer still don't want to count. See photo with timer start control activated and another with the stop control activated. Evidently I'm doing something wrong.

Also I noticed that one fo the transmitter Lion cells is not the same capacity as the other ones. Is this normal?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	timer activated.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2054770   Click image for larger version

Name:	timer off.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	2054771   Click image for larger version

Name:	batt.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	2054772  
Old 12-14-2014, 02:56 PM
marineA4
My Feedback: (3)

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Hi Woody,
Thanks for the pointer. I was able to setup the virtual switch. However my timer still don't want to count. See photo with timer start control activated and another with the stop control activated. Evidently I'm doing something wrong.

Also I noticed that one fo the transmitter Lion cells is not the same capacity as the other ones. Is this normal?

Thanks!
Edgar,

Try deleting the timer and re program. It could be that you forgot to high light a feature. Easy to do as I've done it several times. Sometimes it's just easier to delete and try again.

I've not tried it with 2 virtual settings how you have displayed in your pictures. Set your off control to fixed in the off or on a switch and see what happens.

If you tell me what type of timer style your trying to set up I can try it on my BAT60 and pass over how I did it.
I'm running all my timers with a virtual switch set on my throttle with enough stick movement for taxi until it starts to count. I'm not running a stop control and for reset I'm using a rocker switch. Very basic and been working fine.

Let me know how it goes.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:29 PM
loukos
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone know when the BAT64 will be available, I have been waiting for 3 years now...the BAt60 is out I cannot understand the delay on the 64, one would assume its the same software...
Old 12-15-2014, 01:31 AM
tms-ger

Hi,

it is NEARLY the same software and a completely different housing of course. Those differences are the reason why there is a delay. Talked to Weatronic a few days ago,the plan was to deliver the BAT64 in december, but I personally think it will be end of january 2015. I am waiting like you for the BAT64 and ALREADY HAVE a BAT60. The BAT60 shows me clearly that it is worth the waiting for the BAT64 ;-)

best regards

Tom
Old 12-15-2014, 09:09 AM
Edgar Perez

Orlando,
I tried making a new timer without using any virtual switch. No luck. I recorded a video of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muAoOMSQDzM&index=4&list=WL I have also tried doing a hard reset prior and doing a count-down timer. Same result. Im really confused here
Thanks for any help.

PD: I opened the BAT ans noticed that all my four batteries are the same, so it must be the Weatronics system holding some charge at reserve why one is showing 3000 mAh while the others show 4400 mAh
Old 12-15-2014, 05:00 PM
marineA4
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks for the video. We had one of our demo BAT60's do the same thing.

I'm in the impression that your BAT60 has been updated with the latest firmware. I've attached a pic of firmware page

Try this. Delete both your timers. Re-do it again. This time add a value for it to count down. Maybe 1:00 minute. After you have set it up the way you want go ahead and shut the radio down. Then re-start.
This is what worked for one of our demo radio here at the shop.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Firmware updat.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2055447  
Old 12-15-2014, 11:26 PM
loukos
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Tom, waiting with excitement... ;-)

Originally Posted by tms-ger
Hi,

it is NEARLY the same software and a completely different housing of course. Those differences are the reason why there is a delay. Talked to Weatronic a few days ago,the plan was to deliver the BAT64 in december, but I personally think it will be end of january 2015. I am waiting like you for the BAT64 and ALREADY HAVE a BAT60. The BAT60 shows me clearly that it is worth the waiting for the BAT64 ;-)

best regards

Tom
Old 12-16-2014, 06:59 AM
Edgar Perez

Ok, It seems to be working now, but it took several hard resets and sometimes the timer wont work until I re-start the transmitter...

Last edited by Edgar Perez; 12-16-2014 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Noe works
Old 12-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Edgar Perez

Ok, It seems to be working now, but it took several hard resets and sometimes the timer wont work until I re-start the transmitter...
Got my hopes up too fast.. Timers stopped working altogether.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:06 PM
olnico

Got my hopes up too fast.. Timers stopped working altogether.
Edgar, please make sure you do not have any SD card into the radio. The OS does not address the SD memory properly and we suspect that it is affecting some functions like the timer.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:29 PM
Edgar Perez

Originally Posted by olnico
Edgar, please make sure you do not have any SD card into the radio. The OS does not address the SD memory properly and we suspect that it is affecting some functions like the timer.
Hi Oli,
No SD card in the radio (although I have previously put one in, and the radio froze in the boot, so had to hard reset it).
The timer functionality is buggy, as many times new timers come with no value in the 'current value' field. At that point no matter what parameters you put, the radio wont count. Following Orlando advice I was able to get a few times a value loaded and the timer working, but it will stop counting after a while. Subsequently, the current value will go back to unspecified (instead of 00:00:00 or any other value) resulting in an unusable counter.
I got a good setup with my Futaba 12FG/Wea combination, so not in a rush. Wanted to start testing the BAT 60 in a prop trainer. I can wait for Wea to fix.

Another 'bug' (or misunderstanding on my part) is that when going to the switch assignment screen, a 3 position switch that is in the middle position, will show as activating both the middle and one of the other positions (example, middle and bottom position, as per the blue box highlight). A 3 position switch should only have one blue box highlighted in the screen depending on the position of the switch itself (up, middle or down).
Old 12-18-2014, 02:27 AM
weatronic Support

Hello to all weatronic user, followers and anyone else

Hello Edgar,

we know the deficit withe the Timer Current Value = -.-

Please try to choose at the Alarmtype not the Voice. So select Beep or / and Vibration, but not Voice or only Voice. Then restart the Transmitter. Now the deficit should be fixed.

If not please inform me.

The Battery capacity wil be calculated. After 5 - 6 Charging cycles it will be correct calculated. or you switch you transmitter on and
leave it so long until it switches off. Then load the Transmitter until the LED Ring is green, not yellow. Then switch the Transmitter on and the Capacity will be right.

Kind regards from Berlin / Mit freundlichen Grüßen aus Berlin

Jens Ackermann
Leiter der Serviceabteilung

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.