Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Habu in UK!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Habu in UK!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Wayne22
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Habu in UK!!

We had a customer who wanted the Habu, but not in the same colours as all the others...so we painted the yellow white...

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_93...#ixzz0sShSajzt

Why stop there???
Old 07-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

You sure could keep going...
Old 07-01-2010, 04:07 PM
gregg f
My Feedback: (20)

Yellow to orange.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87207.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	1461541  
Old 07-01-2010, 10:10 PM
AFTERBURNER1
My Feedback: (80)

Looks good greg.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:24 AM
Like2fly!

ORIGINAL: Dave Wilshere

D

Clevis keepers are fine I can assure you I've tested them...
The wing fit is not helped by the fan ''notch'' in the wing which does not always line up exactly with the fan unit. I now put the wing on, press down and the foam marks enough to know where to trim.
Two leads are a must for me to tweek differential, hence I threw them in. Make sure you mix rudder/aileron opposite approx 8% for perfect KE.

One of the others I sold at Honnington was flown tonight and the happy owner emailed me saying wow! I'm sure you will enjoy it, should be warm at the weekend, but keep the cells warm, the difference is huge! Oh and make sure the pack is fully strapped to stop it lifting and ''popping'' the canopy

Dave
Hi,
I got one last week, just popped it together. Done the screw/rawl plug fix, still wont close…

Ah ha! The fan notch! Will look at that when I get home tonight and trim, thanks!

What % aileron differential are you using?

In all the years I’ve never mixed out the push or pull tendency at KE… It’s about time I started!

I’ve got my last seasons trusty TP 45C 4s 2650 and brand new TP 65C 4s 3300 to use with it. The new TP’s fit the battery space perfectly.

Alex
Old 03-04-2011, 03:13 AM
collective itch

just got one too, only had two flight so far in cold in 20 mph winds, but really like it
Old 03-04-2011, 04:58 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Like2fly!

D

Clevis keepers are fine I can assure you I've tested them...
The wing fit is not helped by the fan ''notch'' in the wing which does not always line up exactly with the fan unit. I now put the wing on, press down and the foam marks enough to know where to trim.
Two leads are a must for me to tweek differential, hence I threw them in. Make sure you mix rudder/aileron opposite approx 8% for perfect KE.

One of the others I sold at Honnington was flown tonight and the happy owner emailed me saying wow! I'm sure you will enjoy it, should be warm at the weekend, but keep the cells warm, the difference is huge! Oh and make sure the pack is fully strapped to stop it lifting and ''popping'' the canopy

Dave
Hi,
I got one last week, just popped it together. Done the screw/rawl plug fix, still wont close…

Ah ha! The fan notch! Will look at that when I get home tonight and trim, thanks!

What % aileron differential are you using?

In all the years I’ve never mixed out the push or pull tendency at KE… It’s about time I started!

I’ve got my last seasons trusty TP 45C 4s 2650 and brand new TP 65C 4s 3300 to use with it. The new TP’s fit the battery space perfectly.

Alex
Note:

Dave said opposite aileron on KE, the Habu will roll out of knife edge when you put in rudder, tucking is neutral, if you get some its possibly C of G and not aerodynamics.

Mike
Old 03-04-2011, 11:17 AM
Dave Wilshere

It will fly tail heavy with the 2650 4s

No push or pull on any I have flown...

Dave
Old 03-04-2011, 11:28 AM
collective itch

what servos are everyone running in their habus?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:40 AM
Dave Wilshere

The stock ones...foamie!?
Old 03-04-2011, 11:43 AM
collective itch

fair enough, heard a lot of peeps were swapping them out for hitec's. awesome jets tho. been flying 64 mm, but these are another level
Old 03-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Dave Wilshere

Why would they take a step back?[] Stock servos have been great in hundreds of flights, never change the trim on either of my Habu's

Dave
Old 03-04-2011, 01:44 PM
collective itch

i always found hitec hs 65 mg or hb preferable, had a aileron servo on my t 28 fail, causing a crash. had one fail (another parkzone one) that i put in a jetiger edf to, and caused a roll in to ground during a high speed pass.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Dave Wilshere

We have sold 60+ Habu's and have 10+ in the local club, none have had a problem I'm aware of. HS 65. One of my employees put some in a Fun Fly electric model...felt like rubber pushrods and never trimmed!
Old 03-04-2011, 02:03 PM
collective itch

really, well that food for thought[X(].... well i hope you never do hear of any problems.... just seems odd, that i had two fail recently, and both were parkzone ones. any way, such is life. were in watford? i used to live there, near borehamwood, and the only place i knew to get planes was hobbystores in stalbans.? any tips for someone new to the habu at all?
Old 03-07-2011, 05:21 AM
Like2fly!

It will fly tail heavy with the 2650 4s

No push or pull on any I have flown...

Dave
Thanks for both notes. I've cg'd with the 3300's, it's bang on. i wont try the 2650, thanks ;o)

Alex
Old 03-07-2011, 05:37 AM
Like2fly!

ORIGINAL: collective itch

really, well that food for thought[X(].... well i hope you never do hear of any problems.... just seems odd, that i had two fail recently, and both were parkzone ones. any way, such is life. were in watford? i used to live there, near borehamwood, and the only place i knew to get planes was hobbystores in stalbans.? any tips for someone new to the habu at all?
Motors and Rotors in Watford www.motorsandrotors.com

Old 03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Dave Wilshere

ORIGINAL: collective itch

We were in the centre of Watford for over 12 years, now in Kings Langley near J 20 M25. We have never had a shop front, as we don't open weekends, so we can fly and test.

Habu is a great model. Flys much better without the U/C. Solo hand launches are fine..if you can throw level! Hold the model just in front of the inlets and support it on your index finger as you launch. You can stand still in all but calm conditions! It will slow up fine without anything nasty, most are damaged by landing too fast!

Dave