Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Power system??

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Power system??

Old 02-10-2010, 04:36 PM
bonanzadrv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power system??

Hey guys
I am trying to decide what power system to use for my new jet. In some of my imac airplanes I am using Fromeco Batteries, regs and switch. Which work great and have had no problems.

I was thinking of going to jr 8911 or 8711hv and not running regulators. But my nose gear servo and servos for my valves would all need inline regulators.

Now I am leaning torward Fromeco batteries to a smart fly turbo reg. I like this because it is 2 regs and a switch all in one unit, but you have to unplug the batteries to charge them.. Anyone have any problems with the turbo reg???

I am still undecided.. What are you guys using?? Any tips or sugestions welcome

Bill
Old 02-10-2010, 06:22 PM
InboundLZ
My Feedback: (10)

Default RE: Power system??

I use an EQ10 and two A123 two cell batteries. Never an issue.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:29 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have use the Smart Fly Turbo Reg on my Imac planes for at least 3 years along with Fromeco batteries. You just need to add a second lead off of the Fromeco or other battery with a JR type plug, then you will not need to unplug the main power lead to the Turbo reg in order to charge the battery. Fromeco will build you pack this way if you ask.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:14 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Turbo regs are great. Used mine with Fromeco's no issues. I did unplug to charge though even though there is a charge jack on the board.

http://www.smart-fly.com/Products/Po...er%20Guide.pdf

If you look at the picture on page 2 you can see the charge jack next to the deans inputs.

PaulD
Old 02-11-2010, 12:38 AM
quist
My Feedback: (198)

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: bonanzadrv

Hey guys
I am trying to decide what power system to use for my new jet. In some of my imac airplanes I am using Fromeco Batteries, regs and switch. Which work great and have had no problems.

I was thinking of going to jr 8911 or 8711hv and not running regulators. But my nose gear servo and servos for my valves would all need inline regulators.

Now I am leaning torward Fromeco batteries to a smart fly turbo reg. I like this because it is 2 regs and a switch all in one unit, but you have to unplug the batteries to charge them.. Anyone have any problems with the turbo reg???

I am still undecided.. What are you guys using?? Any tips or sugestions welcome

Bill
Bill,

The Smart-Fly Turbo Reg is only one voltage regulator with 2 inputs and 2 outputs. It is a great unit.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:55 AM
bonanzadrv
My Feedback: (21)

Thanks guys
and yes Paul I see there is a charge jack on there. Looks like I need to order one of these.

Bill