Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

FEJ F14 Black Bunny by enrico63 Pics and build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

FEJ F14 Black Bunny by enrico63 Pics and build

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 05:43 PM
FLY EAGLE JET

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FEJ F14 Black Bunny by enrico63 Pics and build

FEJ F14 1/75 or FEJ F14 1/8.5 scale both are produced with new high light material - honeycomb + carbon fiber for now and future production.

The new version will be light, but stand stronger. More information will be posted soon.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65903.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1625777   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76703.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1625778  
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM
FMRR

There you have guys.Thanks to Rudi we have the factory now improving the production wings.Like Bobo said no know in flightt failure that we know of.Yet the company still taken steps to improve them.I think that's great and we have Rudi to thank.One small step for man...one giant leap for man kind.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:44 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

That's why I like FEJ they care about the product, and I have had great service thus far. I did lots of research before I went with them being the anal person that I am.
Old 06-21-2011, 01:55 PM
FMRR

Bob,glad to see UPS finally came.Are the guys back back from the bar yet and did they reck barbie Vett?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:46 AM
FLY EAGLE JET

Hi All:

couple photos relate to new F14 fuselage and wings with honeycomb material

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36525.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	1626266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30565.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1626267  
Old 06-22-2011, 05:40 AM
FMRR

Wow what a improvement.Some much to say where do you start.First I like to thank FEJ for hearing our concerns and taken action( good Business).They are also stiffing the back of the jet,something nobody has mention.Paul looks like they heard you about rotating that pivot block great suggestion.Some will say this should be how the wing should have been design and I would agree with you.Keep in mind that in the real world...real MFG get it wrong and then a AD(Airworthy directive) goes out for the corrective action.I started posting here because originally I asked what was the company doing about this issue,the response was crickets.....That is definitely not the case and FEJ has taken a pro active approach.Every body post here has now made this beautiful jet a much better and safer.Great job to all.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:41 AM
FMRR

Rudi hi,Are you going to finish posting your modication?,closeing out the wing I believe.

Paul,How are your wings coming along? and will you be at Kentucky?
Old 06-26-2011, 08:44 AM
bigbaggy

Well, I am looking at the new wings FEJ just posted and will probably go with a new set.

I think Rudi made his point.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:46 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Yo Baggy,

Echo Charlie Echo Charlie! Echo Charlie inbound! LOL!

Beave
Old 06-26-2011, 08:57 AM
bigbaggy

ORIGINAL: bevar

Yo Baggy,

Beave
Bevar,
You better get EC repellant out or its going to get all over you and it don't come off. Then what? LOL
Old 06-26-2011, 09:17 AM
bevar
My Feedback: (27)

Standby standby standby!

Uniform Delta Echo Charlie! I say again Uniform Delta Echo Charlie!!!

Beave [sm=bananahead.gif]

ORIGINAL: bigbaggy

ORIGINAL: bevar

Yo Baggy,

Beave
Bevar,
You better get EC repellant out or its going to get all over you and it don't come off. Then what? LOL

Old 06-26-2011, 10:23 AM
FenderBean

Nobody believed me when I said these guys really do care about their product
I think to be successful you have care about your product and never stop trying to improve on it. For me, if the people you buy from bend over backwards to make you the (buyer) happy, then it creates some loyalty and makes for repeat buyers. That's key to building lasting business.
Old 06-26-2011, 01:06 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: FenderBean
Yeah, but I suspect that the public opinion pressure exerted in this thread helped get the matter resolved too. Look back and see their initial responses to the issue. Spin it however you want, but it looked like action was taken at the factory once it became apparent that this issue wasn't going away. I do applaude FEJ for instituting the change though; it certainly didn't take them anywhere near the time it took JetLegend to make the change to the F-20 horizontal stab (flutter issue).

Are all F-14 kit owners getting free replacement wings since there was clearly a design defect?

Jim
Old 06-26-2011, 03:11 PM
FMRR

Well, I am looking at the new wings FEJ just posted and will probably go with a new set.

I'm doing the same,spoke with james and place an order the same day.Was going to send the orignal ones and have them cert.When I saw the new ones decided that's the way to go.Will you be in kentucky? Like to meet say hello to you, Bobo , Bill and others.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:22 PM
FenderBean

Well from what I know nobody has had an actual wing failure inflight? So they had no need to prove anything, and the only reason they have this now is it really ties into the fact they are switching over to the new material on all their models. So the testing they do on new stuff played right into the timing, I dont think they redid anything based on that wing test, my opinion they posted the results of the new material to clear up the issue. Correct me if I am wrong.
ORIGINAL: rcjets_63

Yeah, but I suspect that the public opinion pressure exerted in this thread helped get the matter resolved too. Look back and see their initial responses to the issue. Spin it however you want, but it looked like action was taken at the factory once it became apparent that this issue wasn't going away. I do applaude FEJ for instituting the change though; it certainly didn't take them anywhere near the time it took JetLegend to make the change to the F-20 horizontal stab (flutter issue).

Are all F-14 kit owners getting free replacement wings since there was clearly a design defect?

Jim
Old 06-26-2011, 03:25 PM
1/2 time show
My Feedback: (78)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: FMRR

I'm doing the same,spoke with james and place an order the same day.Was going to send the orignal ones and have them cert.When I saw the new ones decided that's the way to go.Will you be in kentucky? Like to meet say hello to you, Bobo , Bill and others.
How much for a new set of wings ? if you dont mind me asking
Old 06-26-2011, 03:43 PM
FMRR

Bobo,Just watch video #43 "it's alive" congrad's my friend you got her done.With a whole week left to dial her in and test fly.Great job. Frank.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:59 PM
1/2 time show

Not quite done it close! I am wating on 4 jettronic air valves to work canopy and speed brake and tail hook should be here in a day or 2
I am also going to use a micro switch to turn off spoilers when wings are back will show in next video
Old 06-26-2011, 04:01 PM
FMRR

ORIGINAL: 1/2 time show

How much for a new set of wings ? if you dont mind me asking
Bobo,Price of the wings.I don't want to start more drama over the cost here.I'll say this,James came back with a great price in my mind.When I figure the cost of materials and my time it was cheaper to buy them.I'm sure they will have a public price out soon.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:09 PM
FMRR

Not quite done it close! I am wating on 4 jettronic air valves to work canopy and speed brake and tail hook should be here in a day or 2
I am also going to use a micro switch to turn off spoilers when wings are back will show in next video
Cool can you include the spoiler rigging.In your video to said it was a bear.Just want to know what I will be up against when I get to mine.Why invent the wheel if someone else has.Did not want to ask earlier because I know how busy you are.Thanks ,Frank.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:18 PM
1/2 time show

Cool can you include the spoiler rigging.In your video to said it was a bear.Just want to know what I will be up against when I get to mine.Why invent the wheel if someone else has.Did not want to ask earlier because I know how busy you are.Thanks ,Frank.
Jest the first one was a bear the 2nd one was easy. It and ant bad I had to find a small ball to use on the linkage they suppled and atach the ball to servo arm then install servo and snap linkage over ball with out unhooking linkage from spoiler
Old 06-28-2011, 07:41 AM
bigbaggy

Frosting on the cake would be.............drum roll please .. LE slats. Since they have the internal structure down why not go all the way
Old 06-28-2011, 10:59 AM
FMRR

Frosting on the cake would be.............drum roll please .. LE slats. Since they have the internal structure down why not go all the way
More $$$$$$$$$$ my friend.For now were on our own....hey Rudi have any ideas. Or buy the Fei bo wings and see if they fit
Old 06-28-2011, 12:10 PM
rwwinter

Well from what I know nobody has had an actual wing failure inflight? So they had no need to prove anything, and the only reason they have this now is it really ties into the fact they are switching over to the new material on all their models. So the testing they do on new stuff played right into the timing, I dont think they redid anything based on that wing test, my opinion they posted the results of the new material to clear up the issue. Correct me if I am wrong.
Nobody had an inflight failure because nobody flew the FEJ F-14 the full envelope. Nobody flew agressive with her and the reason for this is that most of the pilots were afraid of braking her in flight.

It was pure luck that no wing failed in flight.

I personally think the new design with the two main spars FEJ has shown us in the pictures is the way to go. If there only intention would have been to use new materials and save weight why the redesign?

It is annoying that they are not able to say sorry and to admit that they made a fault... instead of telling me I have to pay for new wings.

Rudi

Old 06-28-2011, 12:49 PM
rwwinter

Wing Mod part 4 (final)

Closing the wing

Cut / sand the carbon layer added to the wing skin to have at least 1/4" protruding at the front and inboard edge.

This area will be used to bond the lower wing skin to the wing.

Make sure everything will fit. Careful use of a heat gun can help.

The front bonding area of the skin will be slid between the rib and the leading edge of the wing. Sand the spars and carbon cap. Remove enough honey comb material of the ribs to create sufficient bonding area

Fill the area between the uper wing skin, the pivot and the ribs / spar with a thick mix of epoxy and microballons (micro)

Use pure epoxy to wet out the bonding areas and remove all excessive epoxy.

Mix a thick batch of epox and flox and add it to the following RED areas. Use micro in the green areas.

Use small wood screws to fix the front bonding areas where necessary. Load the wing with sand bags until cured.

Sand the connection areas and use a 1bid where needed. Use micro as filler.

That's it

Rudi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.